post #91 of 482 Old 09-25-2008, 07:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by onund View Post

TRU is having a 3 for 2 sale on all games under $20.

The only game I found worth the purchase was Geometry Wars and I don't need three copies... Maybe someone else can find something worthwhile?

As the Consumerist pointed out a day or two ago, this sale is really on most games under $20. If you click the banner you get the games that work with the promotion, but the TRU website has a significant number of other games $19.99 and under that won't get you the buy 3 get one free deal. Sadly none of the games on their approved list appeal to me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 482 Old 09-25-2008, 10:36 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrisg View Post

As the Consumerist pointed out a day or two ago, this sale is really on most games under $20. If you click the banner you get the games that work with the promotion, but the TRU website has a significant number of other games $19.99 and under that won't get you the buy 3 get one free deal. Sadly none of the games on their approved list appeal to me.

you are correct sir, or, if you need about 5-10 of these kids games, which i hate paying too much for, this is a good thing.
post #93 of 482 Old 09-25-2008, 11:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I noticed that too but the text in the add said "All games under 19.99". I'm sure for anyone willing they could probably get the specific deal honored. Whether it's worth the effort is another question.

Like I said, thuogh, I only see Geometry Wars as appealing to me in the under $20 category. Unfortunately for me, I only have one console to buy for.

New Samsung LNTxx71f owner? Read the FAQ!
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...4#post12429454
LNTxx71f owners FW list
post #94 of 482 Old 09-26-2008, 07:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I noticed that too but the text in the add said "All games under 19.99". I'm sure for anyone willing they could probably get the specific deal honored. Whether it's worth the effort is another question.

It looks like they may have fixed the issue. Browsing around I don't see any under $20 games that don't show the deal under the price.
post #95 of 482 Old 09-26-2008, 08:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 34
I'm planning on taking this deal to score 2-3 "kid games". My oldest has her 6th b-day coming soon. Go Diego Go, My Word Coach & the Disney Princesses games all look to be up her alley. Not too shabby for $40.00.

Money does not buy happiness. It can, however, buy you a giant boat that you can pull up alongside happiness. - David Lee Roth

post #96 of 482 Old 09-28-2008, 06:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 156
Looking for a great deal on a Wii console, and the important fix ins..

Thanks

Djoel
post #97 of 482 Old 10-12-2008, 11:26 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Toys R Us is having a big videogame sale--Buy two, get one free, mix and match between any system. I picked up Wario Land: Shake It, Boom Blox, and de Blob for about $108 after taxes. In other words, three games I considered worth about $30 for around $36 each. Not too shabby.

There's also a Wii-specific sale going on--40% off all accessories, excluding Wiimotes and nunchucks. Notably, this sale applies to Classic Controllers, and most importantly, Wii Points cards, which are of course as good as money. Naturally, they're conveniently hidden in the back of the store. The TRU in Times Square had almost none left when I got there, but I managed to snag 8000 points worth of cards for a bit more than $50. That's quite a deal in my book.

Lastly, I also bought another copy of Zack and Wiki purely because it was $5. I was regretting selling my previous $8 copy anyway...

At any rate, both sales are still valid until Monday, both in-store and online, I believe. Happy hunting.
post #98 of 482 Old 10-12-2008, 11:36 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisOneKidMongo View Post

Toys R Us is having a big videogame sale--Buy two, get one free, mix and match between any system. I picked up Wario Land: Shake It, Boom Blox, and de Blob for about $108 after taxes. In other words, three games I considered worth about $30 for around $36 each. Not too shabby.

There's also a Wii-specific sale going on--40% off all accessories, excluding Wiimotes and nunchucks. Notably, this sale applies to Classic Controllers, and most importantly, Wii Points cards, which are of course as good as money. Naturally, they're conveniently hidden in the back of the store. The TRU in Times Square had almost none left when I got there, but I managed to snag 8000 points worth of cards for a bit more than $50. That's quite a deal in my book.

Lastly, I also bought another copy of Zack and Wiki purely because it was $5. I was regretting selling my previous $8 copy anyway...

At any rate, both sales are still valid until Monday, both in-store and online, I believe. Happy hunting.

why was Z&W $5 ??
post #99 of 482 Old 10-12-2008, 04:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

In case anyone else was confused by this, the sales are good until 10/18, next Saturday. Neither expires on a Monday. And they apply online as well.
post #100 of 482 Old 10-12-2008, 06:26 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

In case anyone else was confused by this, the sales are good until 10/18, next Saturday. Neither expires on a Monday. And they apply online as well.

Oh right, sorry--the B2G1 sale indeed goes to the 18th. But I'm pretty sure the 40% off Wii accessories sale is only valid until Monday (tomorrow); at least that's what the sign in my local store said.
post #101 of 482 Old 10-13-2008, 06:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Oh right, sorry--the B2G1 sale indeed goes to the 18th. But I'm pretty sure the 40% off Wii accessories sale is only valid until Monday (tomorrow); at least that's what the sign in my local store said.

You're right. Online it says in two places that the deal is good until 10/18, but then also says Sunday & Monday only. Obviously a case of their generic system that marks anything in the weekly ad good until the end of the week, despite what the ad itself says.
post #102 of 482 Old 10-13-2008, 07:21 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

"Buy one, get 50% off a second game" sale on select Wii titles at Circuit City

Looks like "clear out shelf space before the big holiday flood of titles" sale season is upon us. Some decent games on that list--Mario Kart, Wario Land, de Blob, Force Unleashed, for instance.
post #103 of 482 Old 10-13-2008, 07:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

$5?!?!?

Did not see the game AT ALL on the TRU website (any search attempt came up w/ nothing), but may swing by the local store this week to see if they have it for a 5 spot.

Having recently blown way past our budget on our current house remodel, I don't see a lot of game buying going on soon for me - but I think I can swing five bucks for a title that has gotten so much positive feedback.

Money does not buy happiness. It can, however, buy you a giant boat that you can pull up alongside happiness. - David Lee Roth

post #104 of 482 Old 10-13-2008, 08:18 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Yeah, that's a big YMMV situation. Some stores price stuff down to whatever it takes to move stock and open up shelf space. I'm guessing the Times Square TRU gets so much traffic that they want to get stuff in and out as quickly as possible. Geometry Wars was $10 there, but I couldn't find any copies.
post #105 of 482 Old 10-13-2008, 08:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

40% off points?! man, I gotta start checking this forum on the weekends. If this deal was available online, it's not surprizing that points show up as out of stock.

Damn, I would have cleared out my TRU of points....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwebb1970 View Post

$5?!?!?

Did not see the game AT ALL on the TRU website (any search attempt came up w/ nothing), but may swing by the local store this week to see if they have it for a 5 spot.

Having recently blown way past our budget on our current house remodel, I don't see a lot of game buying going on soon for me - but I think I can swing five bucks for a title that has gotten so much positive feedback.

You might have some trouble finding this game in stores still. It has been on clearance for a long time. I thought you said you were going to pick it up when it hit $8 a little while back.

LNTxx71f owners FW list
post #106 of 482 Old 10-13-2008, 08:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

You might have some trouble finding this game in stores still. It has been on clearance for a long time. I thought you said you were going to pick it up when it hit $8 a little while back.

Never actually did. Saw it used @ a local GameStop for $15, recently.

Will check my local TRU - for $5, I'm definitely in this time.

post #107 of 482 Old 10-13-2008, 08:43 AM
Advanced Member

Lego Star Wars Complete Saga $17.99 used for all 3 systems at Gamestop. Guy said the $$$ looks to be headed for $19.99 new. If anyone is interested
post #108 of 482 Old 10-13-2008, 09:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbicich View Post

Lego Star Wars Complete Saga $17.99 used for all 3 systems at Gamestop. Guy said the $$$ looks to be headed for $19.99 new. If anyone is interested

$18-$20 for Lego SW is a great deal, IMO.

I have it already & feel this is actually a somewhat "better" SW game than Force Unleashed. If nothing else, it certainly has way more content in terms of unlockable stuff/replay value. Plus, it's "kiddie" enough for the younger crowd & contains enough head scratchers & sly winks to older SW fans to be a game that can appeal to all age groups.

post #109 of 482 Old 10-13-2008, 10:13 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwebb1970 View Post

$18-$20 for Lego SW is a great deal, IMO.

I have it already & feel this is actually a somewhat "better" SW game than Force Unleashed. If nothing else, it certainly has way more content in terms of unlockable stuff/replay value. Plus, it's "kiddie" enough for the younger crowd & contains enough head scratchers & sly winks to older SW fans to be a game that can appeal to all age groups.

yeh i had it for the Wii also, but if you Goozex, i bought the 360 and PS3 copies for about $37 total and Goozex'ed em. They were requested in about 15 min for 1500 pts.
post #110 of 482 Old 10-20-2008, 09:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Amazon has Wii Music for pre-order. There's a note saying if you order Wii Music from Amazon you get $20 off a future game purchase

Quote:

Order Offer Details:

Order your copy of Wii Music for the Wii and get $20 off a future video game purchase. Offer valid from August 1, 2008 to October 31, 2008. The promotional code will be e-mailed within 10 business days after the promotion end date. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate the promotion at any time.

LNTxx71f owners FW list
post #111 of 482 Old 10-20-2008, 09:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Amazon has Wii Music for pre-order. There's a note saying if you order Wii Music from Amazon you get $20 off a future game purchase

Nice deal - too bad it's attached to the purchase of what is shaping up to be a rare dreadful 1st party Nintendo release.

post #112 of 482 Old 10-20-2008, 10:09 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Agreed. From early sales figures, not even the Japanese (who this type of game seems geared to) are buying into it much. I think it sold 50,000 in the first week,which seems fine, until you remember that Smash Brothers and Mario Kart sold something like ten times that. It's really getting pretty bad buzz, and though it probably won't really be an egg-on-face situation for Nintendo, it really doesn't seem likely to become another Wii Play or Wii Fit.
post #113 of 482 Old 10-20-2008, 10:24 AM
AVS Special Member

I love how IGN is calling GH:WT the REAL Wii Music game (since it features the Mii Freestyle mode - essentially an "air band" w/ Wiimote/chuck like Wii Music, but with GH tracks and an actual point to it).

Even IGN's biggest Nintendo fanboy, Matt C, had little nice to say about it - and he is Wii spinner numero uno!

I imagine Wii Music will sell well, but not in Wii Fit numbers. May rent it when it hits US stores to see if my 6 yr old likes it. If so, I may still wait for the eventual influx of used discs & get it cheap.

Or teach her to do the Mii jam on GH & save $$.

post #114 of 482 Old 10-23-2008, 01:21 PM

Quote:

Madden NFL 08 $30 shipped

Don't get Madden 08. Madden 09 is the way to go. Since that's out now, anything over $10 for last year's version is a total ripoff, especially considering how broken that game was.

Take this image as a for instance. This is the pass block drill. Haven't gotten through it once without the quarterback running past the receiver I'm supposed to defend and throwing the ball backwards into me. Kinda makes it easy to defend passes Only thing is, if the QB gets into the end zone the console locks up and you get sucked into the ground while being treated to the most lovely buzzing noise ever.

Long story short, avoid Madden 08 like the plague.

I'm not a Mac. I'm not a PC. I'm a person and I use computers.
post #115 of 482 Old 10-23-2008, 01:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joenm8r View Post

Don't get Madden 08. Madden 09 is the way to go. Since that's out now, anything over $10 for last year's version is a total ripoff, especially considering how broken that game was.

Take this image as a for instance. This is the pass block drill. Haven't gotten through it once without the quarterback running past the receiver I'm supposed to defend and throwing the ball backwards into me. Kinda makes it easy to defend passes Only thing is, if the QB gets into the end zone the console locks up and you get sucked into the ground while being treated to the most lovely buzzing noise ever.

Long story short, avoid Madden 08 like the plague.

If you don;t need online play, Madden 07 wuld be better for budget conscious football on the Wii.

Will say though, that 08 is a slightly better looking game than 09, but 09 trumps it in gameplay.

Why couldn't EA have the same, slightly more detailed grass/stadiums on 09 as they did 08?

I kinda hope that the eventual Madden 2010 for Wii ditches some of the All Play business/minigame stuff (fun & nice features - but not needed for serious players) & gives us a more detailed football game.

Yeah...I could just get a 360 & Madden, but I do like the Wii controls for this game over traditional button mashing. Strip Madden Wii down to the core game & you could conceivabley have a football sim to really rival the "big boys".

post #116 of 482 Old 10-23-2008, 01:59 PM
AVS Special Member

I wonder if circuit city will have any deal on guitar hero this Sunday or if Gamestop will have some special trade-in.

Got Talk (general discussion forum - someone add product reviews)

Got Zelda
post #117 of 482 Old 10-23-2008, 02:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BASHERS33 View Post

I wonder if circuit city will have any deal on guitar hero this Sunday or if Gamestop will have some special trade-in.

If I come across such things - I'll let you know.

post #118 of 482 Old 10-23-2008, 02:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Thanks. I bet it will be too late though and we probably would have heard by now. Although occasionally I do find out about deals on games which aren't being talked about on forums.

I remember when four swords adventures was released for GC circuit city had it cheaper than everyone else on te release date. Seems like it was even as low as $30 or $35.

I don't know anyone who is a member at costco except people who don't live in this city.

Got Talk (general discussion forum - someone add product reviews)

Got Zelda
post #119 of 482 Old 10-28-2008, 05:49 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Good morning...

Walmart.com has a 2 for $30 deal on select games.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...80390489926696

I'm not really endorsing the games, but there might be a gem or two in there.

I'm confused too.

post #120 of 482 Old 10-28-2008, 07:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by djearl81 View Post

Good morning...

Walmart.com has a 2 for $30 deal on select games.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...80390489926696

I'm not really endorsing the games, but there might be a gem or two in there.

RE4 is on the WalMart list - so there is one gem, at least!

Reply Nintendo

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page