Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 Wii - Page 13 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #361 of 378 Old 06-30-2009, 10:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Someone else practically said pause at the backswing though. Either way I haven't paused and I have paused and neither was rgeat. I haven't played this for like a week, but I will play today I guess and see what I can do.

I mentioned earlier that I noticed on the screen that when my arms were all the way back IRL on the screen it still could go further back, so it probably is indeed that somehow I'm not pulling it back well enough. Not sure.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(general discussion forum - someone add product reviews)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 378 Old 06-30-2009, 11:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Nowwwww I'm in business.

I just played 9 holes. My drive percentages were: 97, 100, 100, 85, 100, 100, 100, 100, 100. And the 85 was on purpose on a par 3 where I was trying to be around 90-95.

I also hit it straight most times now. What i did differently is when I'm doing my back swing I basically wrap the controller around my neck and then go back forward fluidly and straight. At the end of the swing the wii remote camera is facing directly towards the tv.

When I say I'm wrapping it around my neck I just mean I "start" twisting it in that motion... not wrapping it far around. So bottom line is when someone said **** the wrist I was doing it differently than I apparently should have been.

Not sure if I am doing it the way it would be done in real life, but it "feels" right to me and it hits at 100% and straight. I did one drive of 336 yards. I also missed one eagle by a foot, another eagle by 6 feet, a birdie by 1 foot, and my last shot of the game was a chip in from about 30 or so yards I am guessing.

edit: ooooh when someone said have it in front of me and towards the tv I was confused, but now I realize I am doing exactly that without realizing I was following the advice. lol When I "wrap around" the club head is behind my head and facing the tv. So not in front of me, but the head is facing how he said.

edit: noooooooo the ball just barelyyyyyy rolled to the left of the pin to miss a hole in one by 1 foot. On that sdame hole where I purposely lowered the %. This time it was 86.

edit: Oh man I'm going to kick some asses now. the rest of my game was already good and now I'm doing every freakin thing I want. I just played 9 more holes and I NOT ONCE had to do a putt of more than 10 feet. I had 5 birdies and 4 pars and in between those one time I missed a birdie by 1 foot and another time it was right on the HOLE missing a birdie by inches. So less than 2 feet kept me from 7 straight birdies.

I said all along how huge of a difference that stupid flaw in my swing was. I normally would be a few over par, not 5 under par for 9 holes. I'm so stoked now I want to play that hard course from the U.S. Open again, but it's late and I should stop playing. I may not be able to resist before I go to bed though. So much funner now as I can do anything I want. I alreadyw as great at putting. Now when I figure out which clubs to switch to based on the lie people are gonna have to be scared of me as that is now the only thing I need to work much on.

For the record on holes I tried to hit it 100% on I ended up achieving 100% on 15 of the 16 holes.

post #363 of 378 Old 07-01-2009, 06:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BASHERS33 View Post

I also hit it straight most times now. What i did differently is when I'm doing my back swing I basically wrap the controller around my neck and then go back forward fluidly and straight. At the end of the swing the wii remote camera is facing directly towards the tv.

When I say I'm wrapping it around my neck I just mean I "start" twisting it in that motion... not wrapping it far around. So bottom line is when someone said **** the wrist I was doing it differently than I apparently should have been.

How you described it here is the technique I was trying to describe earlier. Glad to hear you figured it out. You can 'feel' when you hit the ball correctly. Have you found that you're less trying to swing as hard as you can, and concentrating more on your technique(as described above)?

Too many systems and games....not enough time or money!

post #364 of 378 Old 07-01-2009, 07:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 167
Congrats Basher! This is one of those situations where a video showing how to swing the club/controller would have helped. I forget if there was one in the tutorials or not.

Did anyone notice that in the Tiger Woods versus Jimmy Fallon competion in Times Square, Tiger had the Wii remote harnessed around his LEFT hand, even though he is right-handed? I saw some still pictures and noticed this. At first I thought maybe he was kidding around and golfing left-handed, but actually he is golfing righty--he just has the controller attached to his left hand! Just wondering if anyone noticed, and if there is a good reason someone would do this?

"I'LL SHOW YOU THE LIFE OF THE MIND!!!" - Barton Fink
post #365 of 378 Old 07-01-2009, 08:41 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Liked: 35
Is Tiger a lefty in life? Would not mean he would need to golf lefty.

Kinda like some guitar players. Eddie Van Halen & Jimmy Page are 2 that come to mind. Both are "lefties" when it comes to writing & whatnot, yet learned the guitar right handed. Did not seem to affect how they ended up as players.

Money does not buy happiness. It can, however, buy you a giant boat that you can pull up alongside happiness. - David Lee Roth

post #366 of 378 Old 07-01-2009, 03:25 PM
AVS Special Member

dragonyeuw, yeah I do concentrate more on the swing than swinging hard, but I alreadyw as doing that anyway after the first couple days. Now the only thing that bugs me is I wish it wouldn't be so easy to get 100% either. Or that you could still hit over 100% (or is that still available, but just not on advanced?) because I could maintain this swing AND swing harder, but it's not going to reward me.

See this is why I was so confused what was going on because I am good at consistent motions, thus why I'm good at basketball. So once I realized my flaw I consistently did the same swing properly. Just a couple of times it went to the right more than I wanted.

Now I'm eager to play and I would rate the game over a 9 now. Just that one issue was causing me headaches. I hope the game still isn't too easy either though. I've eben using tiger so surely when I use my own character it will still be difficult.

post #367 of 378 Old 07-01-2009, 10:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

After 2 rounds I am +77

wheras if I had legit power it could have very well cut 30+ strokes off right there from more power alone! (edit actually more like 50 strokes.

Looks like I was almost exactly right with my estimate. I'm just so damn good at estimating, aren't I? Now that I can hit for full power and that same course happened to be the new year's day tournament as I started my career tonight I got to immediately see what effect the new tecnique would have.

Although I didn't do "good", I almost exactly nailed my estimate. When I said it would cut off 50 strokes that means 25 per round right? Divide my +77 by 2. That rounds to +39. Well I ended up +13! So I actually would have cut off 52 strokes at that rate over 2 rounds!

If you round down then I EXACTLY gained 25 for the round which would have EXACTLY cut 50 off for 2 rounds. Told ya how drastic that issue was. I was barely landing in bad areas which meant tons of strokes added on each time back then.

This was with my same character as against the pros and with the exact same settings and skills. And in fact even the same weather as it was pouring down and about the same wind. And THIS TIME I missed somee easy putts or I would have been around +8.

By the way I just randomly decided to use my env touch to take video of a pretty long shot I made. lo People should do that when they have a good shotand upload them somewhere. Mine wasn't a hole in one or anything, but I saved it anyway just to see how it ended up and plus it was the longest shot I've made. I didn't check to see how far, but it's cool to know you have a chance to judge proper strength to hit it like that.

post #368 of 378 Old 07-13-2009, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Schempp View Post

I've been doing challenges and it's been working out pretty well.

This might be a really stupid question, but where are the challenges that can be done to earn skills points? I tried some of the mini-games but none of them let me earn anything but money.

Thanks.
post #369 of 378 Old 07-13-2009, 07:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew.Ri View Post

This might be a really stupid question, but where are the challenges that can be done to earn skills points? I tried some of the mini-games but none of them let me earn anything but money.

Thanks.

In your career, top right.

They also unlock courses.

Chris Schempp

PSN - Mandos_eD
post #370 of 378 Old 07-20-2009, 11:41 PM
Advanced Member

Anyone know if this M+ will be an issue if you use the Nyko rechargable battery packs instead of the std batteries?
I dont mean not allow it to be charged with it on ( I dont you have to remove it before doing that) but I mean if you can still use the rechargeale batty pack the M+ together

Hope its not an issue otherrwise will be a pain for those of us who upgraded to non-std batteries

Quote:

By the way I think IGN said you HAVE TO use a cover for the controller if you use motion plus. Does that make sense? I hope that is incorrect because I do NOT want to have that cover on.

"We each pay a fabulous price, for our visions of paradise. But a spirit with a vision, is a dream with a mission" - Rush
post #371 of 378 Old 07-21-2009, 04:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Well as far as the cover the m+ indfeed is not built into it so at least that's not an issue.

I personally never paid attention how the nyko charger works though. Don't you only charge when you're not using the controller?

I was simply using rechargeable batteries and I got sick of them losing charge so quickly. i was having to charge them every couple days (using a regular charger) so now I put in standard batteries and it's amazing how long they're lasting. I've had these standard ones in for several weeks with it still showing it as totally full despite me playing a couple hours per day.

post #372 of 378 Old 07-21-2009, 10:22 AM

FYI

Off topic, but for rechargeables do NOT use a quick charger. Get a charger that will take 10-12 hours to recharge and use at least 2500NiMH AA batteries from a good brand name. I use Duracell AA 2650NiMH and they last a long time with an Energizer recharger that will take every battery type (yes even 9V).
post #373 of 378 Old 07-21-2009, 11:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Any reason why you are against the quick rechargers, hbehrman? I have a bunch of Energizer 2200 and 2500 NiMH AAs and use the Energizer quick charger. I haven't had any problems. I only play a few hours per week at most, though, so they haven't been through a lot of recharge cycles.

If it is a safety issue, that's one thing. But if it just kills the batteries quicker, well, I'm OK with that since I like the convenience of the 12-15 minute recharge.
post #374 of 378 Old 07-21-2009, 11:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 167
Has anyone skipped ahead to December's Q-School (assuming you have qualified by winning 4 tournaments and having a low average). Does passing Q-School unlock all the stuff you've skipped? I hate to miss any stuff that could be unlocked, but I'm anxious to go to the next level.

"I'LL SHOW YOU THE LIFE OF THE MIND!!!" - Barton Fink
post #375 of 378 Old 07-21-2009, 12:43 PM

No, I am not against quick chargers as I have one for trips. I stated to use an overnight charger because you were having longevity issues. The higher the NiMH rating the better on the batteries. The batteries I use (with similar usage as you) last me at least a month. However I should note my quick charger takes 4-5 hours not 12-15 minutes. So perhaps your quick charger is not taking the battery to full capacity.

Just a guess.
post #376 of 378 Old 08-03-2009, 10:08 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Liked: 35
Rented this over the wknd, since I have WM+ now.

Verdict?

I am buying this game. Very cool!

Granted there are 2 other titles coming in August that'll get bought first most likely (Madden 10 & the Metroid Prime set), but am keeping an eye out for a used copy to grab soon.

Money does not buy happiness. It can, however, buy you a giant boat that you can pull up alongside happiness. - David Lee Roth

post #377 of 378 Old 08-03-2009, 10:40 AM
AVS Special Member

I haven't played it in a while and ened to get back to playing. Spent too much time with RB2 and punch out. I need to go back to mario kart too! I'm missing out on some fun because I love that game still too. And Madden. If only there were more hours ina day.

post #378 of 378 Old 08-15-2010, 11:06 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
A friend and I get together regularly in my living room to play this game. We have been using the characters that are already set up in the game. Would we get more out of the game if we set up our own profiles?
Reply Nintendo

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page