Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 Wii - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #31 of 378 Old 04-14-2009, 03:17 PM
AVS Special Member
 
mdr25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Greater Boston
Posts: 1,181
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Wow, I might just have been wrong in my kinda ranty post about availability for the naked M+. I'll probably just buy one and use it for TW10. Not planning on getting Wii Sports Resort at this time. If it came packed with 2 M+ units for $50, then I'd get it, but I doubt I'd play it enough to justify the $30.
mdr25 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 378 Old 04-14-2009, 03:28 PM
AVS Special Member
 
ThisOneKidMongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 2,647
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Has there been confirmation on any M+ bundles other than WSR? I'd like to see them bundle the crap out of this, so that before you know it, everyone has four M+ dongles lying around the house. I mean, Nintendo must be releasing M+ that early to accommodate EA's games (and I believe Virtua Tennis, out late May), as it's so unlike them to release a big accessory without a big game of their own to support it. So if they're gonna let EA and Sega lap up the early M+ fanfare, may as well go all out and allow them to release some high-quality bundles with discounted M+ dongles.
ThisOneKidMongo is online now  
post #33 of 378 Old 04-14-2009, 04:11 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
jwebb1970's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Visalia, CA
Posts: 8,352
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 35
I thought I saw rumors not long ago of talk of EA getting to bundle TW10 or Grand Slam Tennis w/ a M+ add-on, but who knows for sure. Would drive the cost of the game up a bit, but sounds like in the case of TW10 at least, M+ is a near neccessity to really get the most from the game.

Certainly wouldn't hurt, I imagine. Need a 2nd M+ after getting TW10? Go buy Grand Slam Tennis. Need a 3rd? Resort is coming soon - get your next one with that.

Money does not buy happiness. It can, however, buy you a giant boat that you can pull up alongside happiness. - David Lee Roth

jwebb1970 is offline  
post #34 of 378 Old 04-14-2009, 07:58 PM
AVS Special Member
 
ThisOneKidMongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 2,647
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Well, the price that came up for the Grand Slam Tennis/M+ bundle SKU was $60, game only was $50. Ten buck discount on M+ for buying it in the bundle sounds right to me.
ThisOneKidMongo is online now  
post #35 of 378 Old 04-14-2009, 08:09 PM
AVS Special Member
 
BASHERS33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 4,179
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
lol when someone said naked m+ i thought they meant a mature rated game with nudity.

By the way I think IGN said you HAVE TO use a cover for the controller if you use motion plus. Does that make sense? I hope that is incorrect because I do NOT want to have that cover on.

I think $20 is a pretty fair price. At least they aren't making it where you must buy a new controller with it built in as the only option and then charging $50 or so for it.

Got Talk (general discussion forum - someone add product reviews)

Got Zelda
BASHERS33 is offline  
post #36 of 378 Old 04-15-2009, 06:30 AM
AVS Special Member
 
mdr25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Greater Boston
Posts: 1,181
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I would preorder TW10 if it came bundled with an M+ unit for $60...and I have never preordered a game in my life.

In anticipation of the new game, I'm selling my barely-used copy of TW09 on ebay this week. I doubt I'll get much.

(Have recommendations for other sites to sell used games? Please PM me.)

I think $20 is about as high as Nintendo could get away with for the M+. It isn't prohibitively expensive, but I won't be loading up with four of them at that price.
mdr25 is offline  
post #37 of 378 Old 04-15-2009, 08:31 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
jwebb1970's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Visalia, CA
Posts: 8,352
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisOneKidMongo View Post

Well, the price that came up for the Grand Slam Tennis/M+ bundle SKU was $60, game only was $50. Ten buck discount on M+ for buying it in the bundle sounds right to me.


Was this via Amazon, Mongo? Even if Nintendo & EA or whoever doesn't officially do such bundles, Amazon certainly will.

Sounds like the best way to get into M+ - "save $10 buy getting one w/ (game x)."

Money does not buy happiness. It can, however, buy you a giant boat that you can pull up alongside happiness. - David Lee Roth

jwebb1970 is offline  
post #38 of 378 Old 04-15-2009, 09:26 AM
AVS Special Member
 
ThisOneKidMongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 2,647
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdr25 View Post

(Have recommendations for other sites to sell used games? Please PM me.)

Try game-trading sites like Goozex or GameTZ. I'm on the latter and have gotten some pretty good deals trading, buying and selling, but there are certain "pariah" games that you'll have trouble unloading for good value--sports games in general might fall into this category, as they're updated so frequently. Try trading instead of selling to maximize value.
Quote:
I think $20 is about as high as Nintendo could get away with for the M+. It isn't prohibitively expensive, but I won't be loading up with four of them at that price.

That's pretty much how I feel--despite earlier claims of making the peripheral as "affordable" as possible, they went with standard operating procedure and priced it as high as they could reasonably get away with. But then, I feel almost every Wiimote attachment is a bit overpriced, particularly functionless plastic shells like the Wheel and Zapper. (Not that price-gouging is unique to Nintendo.) At least M+ seems to have some pretty cutting-edge tech in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwebb1970 View Post

Was this via Amazon, Mongo? Even if Nintendo & EA or whoever doesn't officially do such bundles, Amazon certainly will.

I forgot exactly where it came from, but it wasn't Amazon. Mighta been Toys R Us or something like that--a scan of a list of SKUs showed up, listing the bundle's MSRP as $60. That price makes sense--WiiSpeak costs $30 alone, but buy it with Animal Crossing and you get it for $20. I guess the M+ bundles were never fully confirmed, but it'd be nice to see, certainly. I like to think the M+'s early release is a gesture on Nintendo's part to let third parties in on the action before Wii Sports Resort comes out. Official bundles would be a further step in this direction.

Edit: By the way, if M+ is indeed permanently fused into a lengthened version of those idiotic idiot-proof Wiimote protective jackets, I am cutting it right the hell out of there with scissors and hate. I don't need and never use those controller condoms because I'm not an idiot and don't have small children; making me use it if I want their fancy new controller peripheral is forced handholding BS that I will not tolerate.
ThisOneKidMongo is online now  
post #39 of 378 Old 04-15-2009, 11:11 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
jwebb1970's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Visalia, CA
Posts: 8,352
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisOneKidMongo View Post

But then, I feel almost every Wiimote attachment is a bit overpriced, particularly functionless plastic shells like the Wheel and Zapper. (Not that price-gouging is unique to Nintendo.) At least M+ seems to have some pretty cutting-edge tech in it.

I can say that Call of Duty: W@W gave me a reason to find use for the Zapper (actually works very well w/ that game). The wife likes to use it for Wild West Guns & HOTD: Overkill.

Having ditched the Wheel in MK for Wiimote/chuck within the 1st week of having the game, the main use for them now is for RB "tambourines" for whoever steps up to the vocal mic.

But M+ does look to be more cutting edge, as you say. $20 is about the top price they should be charging for stand alone add-ons.



Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisOneKidMongo View Post

Edit: By the way, if M+ is indeed permanently fused into a lengthened version of those idiotic idiot-proof Wiimote protective jackets, I am cutting it right the hell out of there with scissors and hate. I don't need and never use those controller condoms because I'm not an idiot and don't have small children; making me use it if I want their fancy new controller peripheral is forced handholding BS that I will not tolerate.

It would not surprise me, as Nintendo seems hell bent on us using the covers. I got used to them & now Wiimotes feel weird to me w/o them (does that make me an idiot? ). Plus, I do have 2 young ones in the house, so better for me to use 'em. I have no issue w/ M+ making the "condom" a semi-permanent thing, but liberal use of scissors should fix it for those who prefer the Wiimote in "bareback" form.

Money does not buy happiness. It can, however, buy you a giant boat that you can pull up alongside happiness. - David Lee Roth

jwebb1970 is offline  
post #40 of 378 Old 04-15-2009, 01:54 PM
AVS Special Member
 
BASHERS33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 4,179
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I can't stand them, and like I said... I remember an IGN article title saying they are required so I assume they will be attached. It's just annoying because I can't stand the feel of them. I like the controller being as lightweight and thin as possible.

Got Talk (general discussion forum - someone add product reviews)

Got Zelda
BASHERS33 is offline  
post #41 of 378 Old 04-15-2009, 02:41 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
jwebb1970's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Visalia, CA
Posts: 8,352
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by BASHERS33 View Post

I can't stand them, and like I said... I remember an IGN article title saying they are required so I assume they will be attached. It's just annoying because I can't stand the feel of them. I like the controller being as lightweight and thin as possible.

I assumed it was that a new Wiimote COVER was required for "approved" use of the add-on. Not required for M+ to FUNCTION. Making them a super permanent part of a new cover - as is one could not remove it - seems like a costly manufacturing move. Think it's more like they'll come with new covers.

Money does not buy happiness. It can, however, buy you a giant boat that you can pull up alongside happiness. - David Lee Roth

jwebb1970 is offline  
post #42 of 378 Old 04-15-2009, 03:43 PM
AVS Special Member
 
BASHERS33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 4,179
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
http://www.cubed3.com/news/11997

That is one link stating that it may be actually attached and be forcing people to use the cover. I am pretty sure on IGN they stated it was fact rather than just rumor, but I can't find the article there. the only article I found on IGN today showed a picture of it without any cover surrounding it.

Got Talk (general discussion forum - someone add product reviews)

Got Zelda
BASHERS33 is offline  
post #43 of 378 Old 04-16-2009, 06:23 AM
Member
 
goheat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 121
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BASHERS33 View Post

http://www.cubed3.com/news/11997

That is one link stating that it may be actually attached and be forcing people to use the cover. I am pretty sure on IGN they stated it was fact rather than just rumor, but I can't find the article there. the only article I found on IGN today showed a picture of it without any cover surrounding it.

I know they will come packaged with a cover, but I'd be surprised if it's actually glued/attached to the MotionPlus gizmo. I'm inclined to think that jwebb1970 is correct...
goheat is offline  
post #44 of 378 Old 04-16-2009, 08:44 AM
AVS Special Member
 
ThisOneKidMongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 2,647
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 62
I'd totally discount the idea too, but I've seen some other sites suggesting the same. No official word yet, and I tend to think the idea just stems from bloggers reading into things too much/expecting the worst, but I'm not ready to 100% dismiss it yet. Regardless, even if it is attached to the cover, I'm sure it will be easy enough to remove it with enough gumption and sharp things.
ThisOneKidMongo is online now  
post #45 of 378 Old 04-16-2009, 09:05 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
jwebb1970's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Visalia, CA
Posts: 8,352
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 35
I'd think that the cost of producing the M+ dongle, then the cost of permanently encasing said dongle within a new silicone Wiimote cover....would that not conceivably drive production to the point that $19.99 retail spelled a LOSS for Nintendo? Doubt it.

I won't be shocked if M+ add-ons are impregnated with silicone, but I seriously doubt it.

I'm going with the opinion that M+ will simply come with a longer cover to replace your existing one (if you even use 'em). THe add on might even be packeded with it inserted into it's space within said cover.

But I doubt that it will be not removable from the cover - either easily or with a knife.

Money does not buy happiness. It can, however, buy you a giant boat that you can pull up alongside happiness. - David Lee Roth

jwebb1970 is offline  
post #46 of 378 Old 04-16-2009, 09:42 AM
Senior Member
 
truck-a-sauras's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 324
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbp View Post

A properly integrated balance board application for golf would be incredible..... and incredibly difficult to implement. Maybe not so obvious to the non-golfer, but this could add TONS of realism, if done right. It would certainly have to be an optional feature, otherwise the wii game could get as hard as the real game, for a casual player.

The "key" to real golf is dynamic balance.

eh, this is debatable. Weight shifts are too small and I doubt the balance board has that kind of precision. You really shouldn't be shifting weight or swaying during a swing. picture an imaginary stripper pole running vertically up through your body. You should be rotating around that axis, not making any weight shifts perpendicular to that axis (which is the type of motion the balance board detects I think)

There are torque points (knees,feet) for the lower body during the swing hence cleats and Tiger's constantly blown out knee, but could the balance board really sense that kind circular motion around the axis I mentioned. I don't have a balance board so I don't know how well it works, why I listed this as debatable.

at best it would destroy your real life golf swing and give you bad habits like the horrible swaying hip motions.
truck-a-sauras is offline  
post #47 of 378 Old 04-16-2009, 04:13 PM
AVS Special Member
 
BASHERS33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 4,179
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by goheat View Post

I know they will come packaged with a cover, but I'd be surprised if it's actually glued/attached to the MotionPlus gizmo. I'm inclined to think that jwebb1970 is correct...

You can be inclined to believe whatever you want. I didn't give an opinion. I simply gave facts that there are sites stating it will be connected.

Got Talk (general discussion forum - someone add product reviews)

Got Zelda
BASHERS33 is offline  
post #48 of 378 Old 04-16-2009, 04:31 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
jwebb1970's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Visalia, CA
Posts: 8,352
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by BASHERS33 View Post

You can be inclined to believe whatever you want. I didn't give an opinion. I simply gave facts that there are sites stating it will be connected.


Actually, those sites are reporting rumors & conjecture. Nothing in this topic (meaning M+ and Wiimote condoms, not TW10) can be filed in the "fact" column yet, other than the release date & price.

Money does not buy happiness. It can, however, buy you a giant boat that you can pull up alongside happiness. - David Lee Roth

jwebb1970 is offline  
post #49 of 378 Old 04-16-2009, 06:19 PM
AVS Special Member
 
BASHERS33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 4,179
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I think you need to read my post again. I said it was fact that sites reported it. i.e. him posting that he believes you over me means nothing to me because I didn;'t say anything about an opinion I have on wheteher it will include it. He conveniently worded that as an "I don't belikeve you" statement, when I did nothing moee than post a LINK to a site and said that is what was said on sites.

I didn't say one single time that I know whether it will be attached. But if it is attached, Nitendo has issues

Got Talk (general discussion forum - someone add product reviews)

Got Zelda
BASHERS33 is offline  
post #50 of 378 Old 04-16-2009, 08:26 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
jwebb1970's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Visalia, CA
Posts: 8,352
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by BASHERS33 View Post

I think you need to read my post again. I said it was fact that sites reported it. i.e. him posting that he believes you over me means nothing to me because I didn;'t say anything about an opinion I have on wheteher it will include it. He conveniently worded that as an "I don't belikeve you" statement, when I did nothing moee than post a LINK to a site and said that is what was said on sites.

I didn't say one single time that I know whether it will be attached. But if it is attached, Nitendo has issues

No, Basher-you did not make a claim of personal knowledge. It's what you DID do & are doing now that is the issue basically every other AVS member who has come across you here has had with you for quite some time.


You took his comment personally - as if his "believing me" was a slight to you somehow.

And all I stated was that the articles were reporting RUMORS & CONJECTURE - not facts. Again - not a slight against YOU. But, however, it was a FACT that there are currently NO official facts about M+ & potential condom attatchments. And you chose to again take it as an attack of some sort against you.

This is kinda where your thread killer rep stems from, Basher. It's exactly what you are doing here right now. Leaving the topic at hand to discuss/complain about what someone else posted here after your last visit.

And see - I did it nicely. Pointing out when you do the things that you often do that generally annoy & aggravate others in this forum.

Officially done with that topic & you for now.....

Money does not buy happiness. It can, however, buy you a giant boat that you can pull up alongside happiness. - David Lee Roth

jwebb1970 is offline  
post #51 of 378 Old 04-16-2009, 08:43 PM
AVS Special Member
 
BASHERS33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 4,179
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I was simply clarifying that I am not expressiong an opinion. I have no opinion at all what will happen. I linked to a site which shows why I and mongo are a bit worried it "could" have the cover. And no I did not derail. Sigh. The reason I took that post to mean what I said it meant was because it ended with "...". You're being trigger happy. That wasn't derailing.

I am really looking forward to this game. Although I keep spending so much money, I guess it's good I have tow ait a couple months.

Got Talk (general discussion forum - someone add product reviews)

Got Zelda
BASHERS33 is offline  
post #52 of 378 Old 04-17-2009, 06:49 AM
Member
 
goheat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 121
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BASHERS33 View Post

I think you need to read my post again. I said it was fact that sites reported it. i.e. him posting that he believes you over me means nothing to me because I didn;'t say anything about an opinion I have on wheteher it will include it. He conveniently worded that as an "I don't belikeve you" statement, when I did nothing moee than post a LINK to a site and said that is what was said on sites.

I didn't say one single time that I know whether it will be attached. But if it is attached, Nitendo has issues

Actually, I never made any such insinuation about 'believing you or not believing you.' I simply stated my own opinion that the two items won't be joined at the hip, as jwebb1970 also mentioned. I could, of course, be wrong.

Why so defensive?
goheat is offline  
post #53 of 378 Old 04-17-2009, 03:19 PM
AVS Special Member
 
BASHERS33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 4,179
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Sorry, but it seems anything I post someone gets annoyed at so now I assume it.

Got Talk (general discussion forum - someone add product reviews)

Got Zelda
BASHERS33 is offline  
post #54 of 378 Old 04-18-2009, 07:00 AM
Member
 
goheat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 121
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BASHERS33 View Post

Sorry, but it seems anything I post someone gets annoyed at so now I assume it.

Nah, I'm not to annoy anyone (intentionally)

Also, now that I look at the graphic on Amazon's listing for the MotionPlus, I'm not so sure that it won't be attached.

Looking at the one image under Product Description at http://www.amazon.com/Wii-MotionPlus...059504&sr=8-11, about halfway down the page, it just adds more mystery to the question!
goheat is offline  
post #55 of 378 Old 04-18-2009, 03:13 PM
AVS Special Member
 
BASHERS33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 4,179
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I definitely hope they don't have it attached. I'm just baffled at some decisions people make. I'm sure it's because they have been sued over incidents, but I would rather even waste my time signing some release form saying I won't sue them than to have an annoying cover on.

Got Talk (general discussion forum - someone add product reviews)

Got Zelda
BASHERS33 is offline  
post #56 of 378 Old 04-21-2009, 02:11 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
jwebb1970's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Visalia, CA
Posts: 8,352
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 35


Here's a non-M+ question regarding TW10.

Notice the Wii WFC logo on the left top corner, where every online capable Wii title displays this feature? And notice it's the red "Pay & Play" logo, that DLC games get?

Why? A misprint? Or will EA be selling new course DLC or something to cram onto SD cards? Since EA uses their own online service for Wii, are they gonna charge us for it? Lack of needing Friend Codes gonna finally cost us something?

Highly doubt the last question is the case, but curious nonetheless....

Money does not buy happiness. It can, however, buy you a giant boat that you can pull up alongside happiness. - David Lee Roth

jwebb1970 is offline  
post #57 of 378 Old 04-21-2009, 02:31 PM
AVS Special Member
 
ThisOneKidMongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 2,647
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 62
I think it means Wii owners will just be getting the same DLC other system owners do. Make of that what you will...
ThisOneKidMongo is online now  
post #58 of 378 Old 04-21-2009, 02:58 PM
AVS Special Member
 
jhoff80's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 4,225
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked: 201
Hopefully, since the other consoles get downloadable courses and that sort of thing...

XBL/Steam: JHoff80
jhoff80 is online now  
post #59 of 378 Old 04-21-2009, 03:36 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
jwebb1970's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Visalia, CA
Posts: 8,352
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post

Hopefully, since the other consoles get downloadable courses and that sort of thing...


That was my thought - does 360/Ps3 get DLC in the form of new courses?

If so, I'd say the box art is currently confirmation that the Wii does to.

So the uber-geek question is - how much space will a new course take up & can it be sent to SD - or better yet SDHC....

Btwn the apparent addition of new courses + a gateway to M+....I may actually buy a golf game this year.

Money does not buy happiness. It can, however, buy you a giant boat that you can pull up alongside happiness. - David Lee Roth

jwebb1970 is offline  
post #60 of 378 Old 04-21-2009, 05:13 PM
AVS Special Member
 
BASHERS33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 4,179
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
O.M.G I am blown away and stoked that they included disc golf. I used to play that a lot and I have a couple relatives who are very good at it and it looks like they implemented it very accurately in this game, including giving you multiple discs!

I do wish they gave more than one of each TYPE of disc though. In real life some drivers do different things than other drivers, for example.

But wow this is going to be fun having the game AND disc golf and BOTH implementing motion plus!

Got Talk (general discussion forum - someone add product reviews)

Got Zelda
BASHERS33 is offline  
Reply Nintendo

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off