post #91 of 378 Old 05-13-2009, 01:38 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdr25 View Post

Since golf is asynchronous multiplayer, most games have a pass-the-controller option that allows everyone to use the same controller. It will be boneheaded if TW10 doesn't have this as an option.

Did the previous TW Wii titles allow use of 1 Wiimote for multiplayer? If they did, I would imagine TW10 will carry on the tradition - which logically it should be this way when you get the game w/ ONE M+ add-on.

Money does not buy happiness. It can, however, buy you a giant boat that you can pull up alongside happiness. - David Lee Roth

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 378 Old 05-13-2009, 09:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Yes it did. I just hate passing it around because most people who play with me take 100 years to take the controller from me and then another 100 years to swing. Gets annoying. Plus I am worried they will break my main controller. But I am probably just worrying too much over that.

As far as disc golf in real life, I have been to three different courses here in the memphis area because my cousins got into it and even made their own course at a park and back when I played I was upset over some issues so I did not have much energy. I would love to play again now and see how I do with more energy! I did odecent in the past, but I bet I could do good now. I remember one shot I made where the basket was around a corner and I couldn't even see it and it went in and then another was around a VERY sharp corner where you had to throw it a LONG way with it being impossible to see the basket and I got a 2 on that one.

Other than those two shots I don't remember doing so great. lol But it was fun. Of course in real life there are many many types of drivers, mid range, and putters, not just one of each. And some discs are ood for high winds and some are better for no wind. I wish that had been implemented into this game!

Got Talk (general discussion forum - someone add product reviews)

Got Zelda
post #93 of 378 Old 05-20-2009, 09:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 189 Post(s)
Liked: 737
how many players can play at once?? can you have a 8 person tourney?
post #94 of 378 Old 06-05-2009, 03:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Anyone playing this yet? I think jhof is one of the ones who says some store breaks street dates near him. I assume some people are already trying the wii motion plus as we speak.

Got Zelda
post #95 of 378 Old 06-05-2009, 04:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by BASHERS33 View Post

Anyone playing this yet? I think jhof is one of the ones who says some store breaks street dates near him. I assume some people are already trying the wii motion plus as we speak.

Well, I used to have a friend who worked as a game store manager so we sort of had a thing where he wouldn't ring it up until he was actually allowed to sell it but let me buy it early anyway for some games, but he doesn't work there any more. So I'm as clueless as anyone else. (And no, that's not why he doesn't work there anymore. )

XBL/Steam: JHoff80
post #96 of 378 Old 06-06-2009, 10:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Sigh, here goes IGN taking forever to review it. This time it's obviously not going to get a low score by being late though, but still I wish they would have a review by now regardless just to be sure they didn't BS as usual as they talked the game up in preview.

Got Zelda
post #97 of 378 Old 06-07-2009, 08:19 PM
AVS Special Member

I see Nintendo power rated this a 90. Haven't seen other scores yet.

FWIW last eyar NP gave 09 a 85.

I am going to predict around a 8.7 from IGN as that seems in line with what they would rate a good sports game. They would rarely go over that for a sprots game. So 8.6 or 8.7.

Got Zelda
post #98 of 378 Old 06-07-2009, 08:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 189 Post(s)
Liked: 737
yeah where are the reviews.. usually ign has reviews up by this point..
post #99 of 378 Old 06-07-2009, 09:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Seems like more and more frequently they don't. Which defeats a lot of the purpose of reviews for popular titles that people want on day 1 if they're rated ok.

I am getting my copy in probably 14-16 hours though regardless. I just hope it does end up being as good as I expect. Especially disc golf. one thing about disc golf though is that in real life your stance matters and some people run as they throw the driver and some don't etc etc, but obviously this still will be quite awesome for the disc golf too.

edit: wtf? On IGN it has some counter counting down to its release and it ahs the release as june 10'th yet everywhere else on the same site and other sites it says June 8'th.

Got Zelda
post #100 of 378 Old 06-08-2009, 02:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by BASHERS33 View Post

edit: wtf? On IGN it has some counter counting down to its release and it ahs the release as june 10'th yet everywhere else on the same site and other sites it says June 8'th.

And it's not mentioned anywhere in the Sunday ads from Best Buy or Target. (Both feature the new Indiana Jones game.)

Toys R Us has Tiger Woods and Grand Slam Tennis pictured with an availability date of June 9th.

GameStop has a shipping date of June 8th which usually means it won't reach stores until June 9th.

I've given up on Amazon for getting new games quickly.

If you have a Fry's near you, they look to be the best bet for having it on June 8th.
post #101 of 378 Old 06-08-2009, 03:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Well I had preordered from gamestop so have to get it there since it was done with trade-in. All I know is the guy claimed it was "guaranteed to be in stock on the release date" so if it's not there then i'm going to be annoyed. Wal-mart always gets games at midnight on release so I don't see why the other stores can't. Especially ones who specialize in gaming.

Got Zelda
post #102 of 378 Old 06-08-2009, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post

Well, I used to have a friend who worked as a game store manager so we sort of had a thing where he wouldn't ring it up until he was actually allowed to sell it but let me buy it early anyway for some games, but he doesn't work there any more. So I'm as clueless as anyone else. (And no, that's not why he doesn't work there anymore.
[IMG]http://www.*****************/trafficreport/img/3721/k09f0423lglc/b.gif[/IMG])

Good for you.
I really have a hard time to find one and also I'm still searching for reviews.
post #103 of 378 Old 06-08-2009, 07:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Amazon inexplicably says "Usually ships in 1 to 3 weeks" and claims my preorder is expected to ship on June 15. Grrrr.

This is for the bundle package w/WM+. They claim to be out of stock for the standalone game.
post #104 of 378 Old 06-08-2009, 08:41 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Would imagine an IGN review is possibly due today, as their Wii page is all done up w/ TW10 artwork - the official EA stuff there lists the game as due June 10 - along w/ countdown clock.

Money does not buy happiness. It can, however, buy you a giant boat that you can pull up alongside happiness. - David Lee Roth

post #105 of 378 Old 06-08-2009, 08:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Yeah, June 8 is the shipping date I believe. So most stores will have it by the 10th.

I wish people would stop publicizing ship dates rather than release dates. All it does is confuse people and get them to the store two days early for nothing. Then again, maybe that's the whole idea.
post #106 of 378 Old 06-08-2009, 09:01 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisOneKidMongo View Post

Yeah, June 8 is the shipping date I believe. So most stores will have it by the 10th.

I wish people would stop publicizing ship dates rather than release dates. All it does is confuse people and get them to the store two days early for nothing. Then again, maybe that's the whole idea.

Exactly.

post #107 of 378 Old 06-08-2009, 09:14 AM
AVS Special Member

The problem is they are really, really inconsistent about what the "release" date means. For a major title, or for console hardware, when the date is given in the promotional materials, it always means the date that you can walk into a store and buy it. For other not-quite-so-highly-anticipated releases where you might have to dig around a bit to find the date, sometimes you find the ship date from the manufacturer to the retail establishment, and other times you find the day the publisher thinks the stores will be selling.

I guess the latter way makes sense because the publisher doesn't have to coordinate a big effort to make sure places don't sell the product early, but it is annoying to have amazon say "This product will be available June 8," but then as the date gets closer they say they won't actually ship it to you for another week.

Sort of on-topic: I actually ordered some new (real) golf clubs last week. UPS will be delivering them today, the TW10 "release" date. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll have time to play any real golf this week, so it would have been nice to have some virtual golf to play mess around with in the hour or so I will have available for video gaming this week. Bummer.
post #108 of 378 Old 06-08-2009, 09:30 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

The problem is they are really, really inconsistent about what the "release" date means. For a major title, or for console hardware, when the date is given in the promotional materials, it always means the date that you can walk into a store and buy it. For other not-quite-so-highly-anticipated releases where you might have to dig around a bit to find the date, sometimes you find the ship date from the manufacturer to the retail establishment, and other times you find the day the publisher thinks the stores will be selling.

I guess the latter way makes sense because the publisher doesn't have to coordinate a big effort to make sure places don't sell the product early, but it is annoying to have amazon say "This product will be available June 8," but then as the date gets closer they say they won't actually ship it to you for another week.

Sort of on-topic: I actually ordered some new (real) golf clubs last week. UPS will be delivering them today, the TW10 "release" date. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll have time to play any real golf this week, so it would have been nice to have some virtual golf to play mess around with in the hour or so I will have available for video gaming this week. Bummer.

You could duct tape a Wiimote w/ M+ to one of those new clubs for a "best of both worlds" moment!

post #109 of 378 Old 06-08-2009, 09:52 AM
AVS Special Member

JWebb, that would be pretty scary in my home theater. As much as you can call a TV about 4 feet from the couch in a basement with 7 foot ceilings a "home theater". I think you can see the problem already...The only question is what would take more damage, the couch, TV, or ceiling?
post #110 of 378 Old 06-08-2009, 11:43 AM
AVS Special Member

No it's not ok to say release date june 8'th and then in stores june 10'th. Every other game I have bought for the Wii has been in STORES on the date listed as the ship date. And as I said the guy at game stop told me it is "guaranteed" to be there on the release date. Nowhere did it say June 10'th is the release date. The only place it said that was starting very recently on an EA ad. EA probably had some problem shippping them on time and so instead of saying that and apologizing for the inconvenience they pretend the release date was always june 10'th when it obviously was not. lol

edit: and online it says it's already shipping. If it can be at their warehouses today then it can be at their stores today so I am still expecting it and if I don't get it then that guy shouldn't have said guaranteed on the release date. I didn't even ask him when it would be in, he volunteered that info to brag about why I should buy from them. How unprofessional to go all of these weeks saying June 8'th and then around June 7'th suddenly having ads saying the 10'th with no explanation. Now I saw on gamespot the EA ad says june 10'th for grand slam tennis also. I hope they just say that where for stores who are slower getting them theyw ill be there june 10'th also and that gamestop still will have it today.

Got Zelda
post #111 of 378 Old 06-08-2009, 11:50 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

JWebb, that would be pretty scary in my home theater. As much as you can call a TV about 4 feet from the couch in a basement with 7 foot ceilings a "home theater". I think you can see the problem already...The only question is what would take more damage, the couch, TV, or ceiling?

Or more importantly, anyone else that happens to be in the room with you @ the time!

post #112 of 378 Old 06-08-2009, 12:24 PM

Saw this posted on another messageboard, the Tiger Woods 10 TV commercial:
youtube
post #113 of 378 Old 06-08-2009, 12:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwebb1970 View Post

Or more importantly, anyone else that happens to be in the room with you @ the time!

Too true. Although truthfully I'm most concerned about the TV. Wii Sports Bowling + Friends + Beer = several close calls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatdude90210 View Post

Saw this posted on another messageboard, the Tiger Woods 10 TV commercial:
youtube

Neat commercial. Cue Basher complaining about the "In Stores Now" line in 3...2...1...
post #114 of 378 Old 06-08-2009, 12:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Question--was the June 8 date for TW10 actually officially advertised anywhere, or is that just the date floating around various availability databases on the Internet?
post #115 of 378 Old 06-08-2009, 01:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked: 201
Games come out in stores on Wednesdays, 99% of the time, no matter which day of the week they say the release date is. I don't see how this is anything new, it's been that way for years.

XBL/Steam: JHoff80
post #116 of 378 Old 06-08-2009, 01:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Nah, far from true. I can't remember the last game I got which was not in the actual store on the release date listed online. And at walmart it's always there at midnight the day of release. i don't remember a wednesday release in years. Also on EA's site it says "in stores now".

Gamestop's site always said june 8'th. They told me it would be in the store on the release date. If their own site says june 8'th then that is what they as a company consider the release date.

Got Zelda
post #117 of 378 Old 06-08-2009, 02:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 12
In the Sunday circulars the major stores (Best Buy, Target, Toys R Us, Fry's, etc.) often list games with a little disclaimer "Available */* by * p.m." as a way to entice "impatient" gamers to buy at their stores. (And several times I've gone to stores only to find out that the store clerks can't locate the product and that I should "try back tomorrow." )

Target: WiiMotion Plus available 6/9 by 4 pm; Tiger Woods PS3 available 6/9 by 4 pm
Fry's : WiiMotion Plus available 6/9 at 8 am
Toys R Us Tiger Woods & Grand Slam available 6/9 by 5 pm

Basher, looks like your best bet for 6/8 might be GameStop because they often get deliveries late in the afternoon and your game might be in that shipment.
post #118 of 378 Old 06-08-2009, 02:37 PM
AVS Special Member

lol IGN just reviewed a game called fish'em all! and still no review for this game which they've known everything about for ages. This is the type of game you can pick up and play for an hour or two and review it right off, unlike games such as zelda which need a long play through.

As far as release date, I haven't called gamestop yet. I see on their site none are in stock near me, but I think that is only updated daily in the morning.

Got Zelda
post #119 of 378 Old 06-08-2009, 03:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Now I got a call from gamestop saying it will be in tomorrow afternoon. Sigh. So much for their BS of it being guaranteed on day of launch. I guess we've elarned from this and past BS from activision and harmonix that you are allowed to say anything to sell soemthing.

If anyone wants a million dollars give me $1,000 and then you can have the mil. I said it so it's true and apparently legal.

edit: by the way the call came from an 817 area code, so it wasn't from the local store. So not sure if I should bother calling the local one just in case it does get in today or not.

Honestly though people have selective memory if they think there has been a history of games being in gamestop a day or two after the release date. I can't add up how many times jwebb has said "went around to gamestop during lunch and picked up my game" on release dates. The release date is the store date for the reputable companies such as Nintendo and Activision, for example. They usually have Monday release dates and begin shipping the previous Friday.

It;'s not a case of inpatience as much as it's a case of being prepared for something and it not being the way it was supposed to be.

I'm trying to decide between the env3 and env touch phone too so I don't want to make a trip today and then again tomorrow when I can figure both out in one outing and those env phones could sell out easily.

Got Zelda
post #120 of 378 Old 06-08-2009, 03:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Well, the big-name games have solid, highly advertised release dates. Stores can be sitting on those games for days and aren't allowed to sell them before then. These are the games with big hype and ad campaigns and maybe midnight launches.

Smaller games generally have a wider window (and ship dates rather than release dates), and depending on where you live you might get them a day or two earlier than other places.

What you should take from this is that unless you see a availability date appearing in ad campaigns from the publisher itself, you should probably assume any date you see is a ship date, i.e., likely not actually available until a couple days later.

However you'll never see me disagreeing that GameStop is pure evil. I mean, "guaranteed available on release day." What does that even mean? It's an incomplete sentence. "Guaranteed available" or what? I get the game free? That's clearly not happening. It's a meaningless phrase.
Reply Nintendo

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page