EA Grand Slam Tennis for Wii - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 100 Old 06-22-2009, 10:30 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I gave the game a go online and currently I'm 3-1. Pretty fun and gives me more of a challenge than the computer players.

Xbox Live Gamertag: TurdFerguson64
PSN Gamertag: TurdFerguson_64
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 100 Old 06-22-2009, 11:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyDP View Post

The AI in the game is also brutal and I could be wrong but I think there's a little bit of cheating/catch up going on. Every time I go up 40-0 on a computer opponent (and I mean EVERY time), it will invariably win the next two or three points regardless of who is serving.

Yup. It happened EVERY time with me until I dropped down the difficulty level to Easy. And then I could win a game 40-0 which was very, very rarely.
post #93 of 100 Old 06-23-2009, 08:00 PM

Liked: 10
This game is so maddening. All the times your character would run around a forehand to hit a back hand, or the other way around (yeah I know, using a nunchuck would fix that but I don't like swinging with a wire attached).

The way it's so bias towards the volley player, or the occasional unintended swing/non-swing, are all exacerbating.

Yet so much fun that I keep coming back to it.
post #94 of 100 Old 07-09-2009, 10:15 AM

Been playing more online lately. Ended up playing someone ranked 499 in the world and lost in a tie-breaker. So close. Then I did a rematch and lost 3-0. Doh. But still fun.

post #95 of 100 Old 07-09-2009, 06:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 46
After many matches and even more expletives, I've finally been able to start winning matches consistently against 3 star computer controlled players. I find the biggest key is to hold the Wiimote flat when taking your swing and avoiding twisting it at all; that plus recalibrating after each shot during the replays seems to increase the accuracy greatly for me. The computer will still occasionally move my player some place where I don't want to be (I need to get more comfortable with the swinging before using the nunchuck), and I still think the AI cheats when you're up a couple of games, but the improved accuracy does make up for it somewhat.
post #96 of 100 Old 02-21-2010, 02:45 AM

Liked: 21
I know this thread is old, but I was just playing this in the other room and really felt the need to come in here and write my thoughts on the internet somewhere about this freaking game. I've had it with this damn piece of $%&@. That with the motion plus they could not figure out how to make the thing read if it facing right or left BOGGLES MY MIND.

Ping pong in resort is seriously about 10 times as accurate, and that is 1/12 of a game. They built a whole game around this and could not figure out how to tell backhand from forehand. I'm not a programmer, but this just seems absolutely pathetic. I could see maybe getting the spins wrong sometimes, but RIGHT FROM LEFT! FWIW I love watching and playing real tennis. I'm selling it tomorrow. Maybe I will just set it on fire and watch McEnroe's 'fro burn. We'll see.
post #97 of 100 Old 02-21-2010, 08:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
lol

Got Talk (general discussion forum - someone add product reviews)

Got Zelda
post #98 of 100 Old 02-22-2010, 08:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
I wonder if they're going to come out with a new and improved version of this game this year. They've had a year to get it right. Tiger Woods finally became a very playable game with Motion Plus. Here's hoping.
post #99 of 100 Old 02-22-2010, 09:26 AM

Unfortunately, I don't think it sold very well so don't look for a sequel anytime soon.

post #100 of 100 Old 02-22-2010, 09:54 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Liked: 34
While Madden & FIFA are sure to see 2010 (or 2011) iterations this year, I believe TW PGA 10 was the real best seller on the Wii of all EA Sports titles (and of the 2 using Motion Plus). AFAIK, only EA Active - while not a sports "game" per se, but a Wii Fit Plus-type title - did better in sales.

TW PGA 11 is for sure - being as EA is one of the only Tiger Woods endorsments to not get tossed after his adventure in sex addiction land. EA has stated that TW PGA 11 is coming later this year to all consoles & that they are looking at golf club add-ons for the Wii (and perhaps Natal/PS3 "wiimote")

Money does not buy happiness. It can, however, buy you a giant boat that you can pull up alongside happiness. - David Lee Roth

Reply Nintendo

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page