Wanna see what the Wii HD games are gonna look like? - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 46 Old 05-23-2010, 07:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
You need to enable the "bleach hack" to get those distant onbjects to render at a higher res. Yes, there are still plenty of issues with plenty of games, but it has comes a really long way in the last year.

On my system I can run Windwaker at 1080p, 16x AF, 4x AA, beach hack on, at 30 fps. I haev a Core 2 Quad (Q6600 at 3.4), with my old 8800GT SLI setup it really struggled, but with either a Radeon HD 5870, or a GTX 470 it runs great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 46 Old 05-24-2010, 11:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Here is what its supposed to look like. 1920x1080, 16xAF, 4xAA, "Bleach Versus Crusade" hack turned on. Note that 30fps is the highest that windwaker goes.
Resizing introduced some compression artifacts, it looks stunning in person.

post #33 of 46 Old 05-24-2010, 02:11 PM

Liked: 93
Right, and the Bleach hack introduces a crash problem. Additionally, whatever filter we are now omitting isn't being used, so while that image is cleaner, it still isn't "what its supposed to look like". The sound is also still messed up. Like I said, another year and I'll give it another look. The emulation just isn't good enough yet.
post #34 of 46 Old 05-24-2010, 02:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklordjames View Post

Right, and the Bleach hack introduces a crash problem. Additionally, whatever filter we are now omitting isn't being used, so while that image is cleaner, it still isn't "what its supposed to look like". The sound is also still messed up. Like I said, another year and I'll give it another look. The emulation just isn't good enough yet.

Hey, don't blame me if you system can't run it. I can play it for hours with no crashing, and yes, that is what its supposed to look like.

Sound emulation is still far from perfect, but definitely playable.
post #35 of 46 Old 05-24-2010, 11:12 PM

Liked: 93
Tony, please stop trying to help me. It's pretty obvious that you aren't reading but one line per post before responding, in which case your "help" is pretty pointless.
post #36 of 46 Old 05-25-2010, 05:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklordjames View Post

Tony, please stop trying to help me. It's pretty obvious that you aren't reading but one line per post before responding, in which case your "help" is pretty pointless.

Who said I was trying to help you? Are you the only one who reads this thread? You are telling me that I can't run it the way I am because it crashes, and that it doesn't look right, both of which are completely wrong. Feel free to wait a year before playing it, I'll keep playing it in the meantime.
post #37 of 46 Old 05-31-2010, 07:10 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 154
Are there any games that will play perfectly in regards to sound and video? Basically, what I mean is, are there any games in which the sound is just as good as the GameCube or Wii version, and it doesn't have any strange glitches?
post #38 of 46 Old 06-01-2010, 09:40 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
These screenshots are making me think about dusting off my Gamecube collection and trying them out again with the Dolphin emulator. The question I have is where can I buy a Gamecube controller to USB adapter? A quick google search only showed me how to make one, and I have no business soldering circuit boards.

Thanks in advance.

Steam ID : TubularTech
X-Box Live : Tubular Tech
post #39 of 46 Old 06-02-2010, 05:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frost Daddy View Post

These screenshots are making me think about dusting off my Gamecube collection and trying them out again with the Dolphin emulator. The question I have is where can I buy a Gamecube controller to USB adapter? A quick google search only showed me how to make one, and I have no business soldering circuit boards.

Thanks in advance.

I've been using an Xbox 360 wired controller, works great once you get all the buttons mapped out correctly. Simple plug and play with no adapters or funky drivers required.
post #40 of 46 Old 04-10-2011, 02:33 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I'm bumping this thread, because I'm trying to see if anybody with an Intel i5 2500k has tried this emualtor? I'm building a new PC really soon that should feature an Intel i5 2500k, along with a GTX 460 1 gig card. I'm going with a "cheaper" video card initially, with plans to get a much better video card very late this year when Skyrim and Battlefield 3 are out.
post #41 of 46 Old 04-10-2011, 05:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1 View Post

I'm bumping this thread, because I'm trying to see if anybody with an Intel i5 2500k has tried this emualtor? I'm building a new PC really soon that should feature an Intel i5 2500k, along with a GTX 460 1 gig card. I'm going with a "cheaper" video card initially, with plans to get a much better video card very late this year when Skyrim and Battlefield 3 are out.

That CPU will have no problem running it. It ran fine on my Q6600, and runs even better on my i5-750. Not all games work well, or at all, but WindWaker runs well.
post #42 of 46 Old 04-11-2011, 04:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 62
These games look fantastic when rendered at 1080p.

I wish the demand for this kind of thing was so great that Nintendo would consider selling older GameCube and Wii games via Steam, and use an emulator that is free of problems. One can dream.
post #43 of 46 Old 04-11-2011, 03:02 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSmith83 View Post

These games look fantastic when rendered at 1080p.

I wish the demand for this kind of thing was so great that Nintendo would consider selling older GameCube and Wii games via Steam, and use an emulator that is free of problems. One can dream.

I'd imagine that Nintendo is well aware of the Dolphin emulator, and I'm sure that the Wii 2 or Wii HD or whatever it ends up being called will be backwards compatible, and hopefully offer similar benefits to people who play old Wii and Cube games on their Wii 2.

At least, one can hope they will.
post #44 of 46 Old 04-11-2011, 05:29 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 17
I don't know, that's really optimistic. Backwards compatibility is one thing, but upscaled BC?

WiiU: moothemagiccow

PSN: moothemagiccow (duh)

post #45 of 46 Old 04-11-2011, 09:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 205
Upscaling isn't a problem. The Wii does it for the Virtual Console emulators. The Xbox 360 can do it for anything, including original Xbox games. And the Playstation 3 can upscale content, including PSOne and PS2 games (If you have the right console for PS2 compatibility).

If there is backwards compatibility, upscaling certainly isn't going to be a problem. But there is a heck of a lot more going on in those screenshots than just upscaling, so I doubt it would ever look like that. If it does, hats off to Nintendo for their efforts since it will be the first time we could play 480i/p games in HD and have them actually look better than they do on a SD/ED CRT.

Why does Wind Waker seem to be in widescreen in those screenshots? That isn't correct and looks awful. Circles are ovals, the heart containers for the health meter have a squished look, etc. It certainly isn't how it's supposed to look.
post #46 of 46 Old 04-11-2011, 09:17 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

It's almost been a year since you guys were last talking about the state of Dolphin emulation (around May of last year), has anything improved since? I'm mostly concerned with the sound quality.

Do any of the games seem almost indistinguishable from playing it on the legit hardware, in terms of sound emulation? It would kinda suck if the sound is crappy on just about every single game. As good as things look visually, if the sound is bunk....
Reply Nintendo

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page