Wii Zelda 2010 - Page 9 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #241 of 257 Old 12-07-2010, 10:35 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Yeah it's almost impossible they'd release it next month but I was wondering if Nintendo had even mentioned the game since E3. Amazon has it open-ended and they usually are reliable

WiiU: moothemagiccow

PSN: moothemagiccow (duh)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #242 of 257 Old 12-07-2010, 01:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 204
Nintendo has shown off the game several times since E3.

There's no way we're weeks away from this. I'd be surprised to see this before October of 2011.
post #243 of 257 Old 12-08-2010, 07:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 32
It might drop in May like Super Mario Galaxy 2, but yea, probably in November. I am sure Nintendo will be announcing a few games for next year but this will be their big title no matter what.
post #244 of 257 Old 12-22-2010, 05:40 AM
Advanced Member

November seems pretty likely! Sounds like 3DS is taking all the internal focus you'd expect. From IGN:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGN.com View Post

In an interview with UK outlet Pocket Lint, Nintendo mastermind Shigeru Miyamoto assesses the completion of Skyward Sword as "over half complete," with no further detail offered. It's a statement that caught us completely off guard, particularly considering messaging in the past several months has been very different.

Rewind to July 2010. In an interview with Nintendo Power, Zelda producer Eiji Aonuma noted the "basis" for Skyward Sword was "very, very solid" and that "early 2011" is what the team was targeting for release. No doubt "early" could easily mean up to halfway through the year, but this was not the first time we'd heard the game was far along.

At E3 2010, during a roundtable that we live-blogged, Miyamoto mentioned that the game was in its final stretch, with just some dungeons to create. Skyward Sword's gameplay was solid, but final touches would push the game into 2011. In fact, according to Miyamoto in June, Skyward Sword would have been complete had it used the Twilight Princess visual style. The switch to a more exaggerated, colorful look caused a ripple effect that lead to the delays.

post #245 of 257 Old 12-22-2010, 09:34 AM
Advanced Member

bleh - I expect Wii 2 will be out sooner

post #246 of 257 Old 12-22-2010, 07:18 PM
AVS Special Member

A repeat of the Twilight Princess deal almost wouldn't even shock me, at this point.

At least there are so many Wii's out there that I doubt we'd have to worry about a cancellation (Which didn't seem out of the realm of possibility with Twilight Princess for GCN owners), or wait for several weeks like GCN owners ended up having to for Twilight Princess to help spur on sales of a new console.

Far too many potential customers for the game on the Wii to mistreat this time around.
post #247 of 257 Old 12-22-2010, 10:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 164
Could also be that it just didn't meet Miyamoto's approval at this point. I mean, the same thing has happened to pretty much every Zelda game except Twilight Princess (which was obviously only delayed to put on the Wii), and look how that's turned out... I like Twilight Princess quite a bit myself, but I know there's others who don't rate it as highly.

XBL/Steam: JHoff80
post #248 of 257 Old 03-03-2011, 08:40 AM
Advanced Member

new trailer from Ninty's presentation at yesterday's GDC. Looks like there's a shield meter, and at around 0:51 there's what might be a new villian?...

Or maybe an old weapon in anthropomorphic form:

post #249 of 257 Old 03-03-2011, 10:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 65
I need to find the time to play TP before this comes out. The trailer is looking good
post #250 of 257 Old 03-30-2011, 02:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 231
The Legend of Zelda still has that "It" factor for me like no ohter game story. I watch my grandkids play it now just like I used too and my kids. I love it even though I have moved on to Master Chief and my kids to Kratos. But they still give their children the wonderful world of Nintendo! And I have a suggestion for Nintendo with this new release or maybe the next. Do a whole different Legend of Zelda story from Zelda's perspective. Allow the user to play the story as Link or Zelda. With download content that is unique to each. And Make Zelda more like Kameo (from XBox 360). That way guys won't mind playing as her. Nintendo could actually redo all of the old stories that way and attract a lot of girl players in the process without losing the boys.
post #251 of 257 Old 04-05-2011, 01:01 PM

Liked: 10
That is an awesome idea. I am a huge fan of Zelda and I think that being able to play as both characters would unveil a whole new world of possibilities. I just remembered playing Zelda 3 on Super Nes when I was a kid,kinda wish i could replay that game now
post #252 of 257 Old 04-10-2011, 05:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleKraze View Post

That is an awesome idea. I am a huge fan of Zelda and I think that being able to play as both characters would unveil a whole new world of possibilities. I just remembered playing Zelda 3 on Super Nes when I was a kid,kinda wish i could replay that game now

Thanks. I really believe they could breathe a ton of new life to the franchise by going backwards a bit like that. There are a ton of neat angles they could play from Zelda's perspective. And if they included Link in a Multiplayer format (ala Master Chief & Arbiter in Halo) they could have a boatload of new fans. And redoing the older ones with updated graphics would add exciting dimension to the Zelda experience. I would buy them all again.
post #253 of 257 Old 04-11-2011, 09:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

That is an awesome idea. I am a huge fan of Zelda and I think that being able to play as both characters would unveil a whole new world of possibilities.

Can't say as I would like it at all.

Quote:

I just remembered playing Zelda 3 on Super Nes when I was a kid,kinda wish i could replay that game now

I assume you own a Wii if you're posting in this thread. Go fire it up and navigate to the Wii Shop Channel. You'll find Link to the Past waiting for you to download it.
post #254 of 257 Old 04-12-2011, 05:44 AM
Advanced Member

Well, Nintendo announced their Q2 lineup... Zelda 3DS, yes. Zelda Wii? Nope.

Quote:

Nintendo Unveils Heroes, Mystery and Motion in Second-Quarter Video Game Lineup
Roster Includes The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D with Master Quest, Mystery Case Files: Dust to Dust and Wii Play: Motion with Wii Remote Plus

REDMOND, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Nintendo of America today revealed a diverse lineup of new video games set to launch during the second quarter of 2011. Whether they’re playing at home on the Wii™ system, having fun on the go with the Nintendo DS™ family of systems or discovering the new Nintendo 3DS™ hand-held system, consumers will have a wide variety of engaging, inclusive experiences to choose from as Nintendo and its publishing partners unleash more than 50 games in the coming months.

“Games like The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D and Wii Play: Motion offer exciting additions to some of Nintendo’s most popular franchises, while our third-party partners continue to provide blockbuster gaming experiences for Nintendo systems.”

Wii

Publisher Game Available
Activision Transformers™: Dark of the Moon™ Stealth Force Edition June 14
Deep Silver, Inc. Get Fit with Mel B Spring
Disney Interactive Studios LEGO® Pirates of the Caribbean: The Video Game May
Disney•Pixar Cars 2: The Video Game Summer
Graffiti Entertainment, Inc. Reader Rabbit® Preschool April
Reader Rabbit® Kindergarten April
Reader Rabbit® 1st Grade April
Reader Rabbit® 2nd Grade April
Konami Digital Entertainment Karaoke Revolution Glee: Volume 2 Spring
NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc. ExerBeat™ April 26
Nintendo Wii Play™: Motion June 13
Mystery Case Files™: Dust to Dust™ June 27
SEGA Thor™: God of Thunder May 3
The Conduit™ 2 April 12
THQ Inc. Rio April 12
SpongeBob SquigglePants April 12
Kung Fu Panda® 2 May 24
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters June 7

post #255 of 257 Old 06-07-2011, 11:29 AM
Advanced Member

Skyward Sword E3 demo is out:

Claims:

Whole game is basically a dungeon; you have to go through a dungeon and solve puzzles just to get to a real dungeon and the boss

WM+ is required

You return to the sky world throughout the game. Sounds like it's similar to the ocean in WW, you explore islands and different locales just as on the ground.

Weapons can be upgraded as you progress

All enemy types have different strategies, health, weaknesses.
post #256 of 257 Old 08-17-2011, 07:52 AM
Advanced Member

Was gonna start a new thread, then I thought I'd put it in my "Waz up widda Wii?" thread, but let's be honest: I'm too lazy. Anyway, prepare yourselves for November 20th:

Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword release date announced
post #257 of 257 Old 08-17-2011, 11:53 AM
Advanced Member

Well that's good.

Reply Nintendo

User Tag List