Wii Zelda 2010 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 06-05-2009, 09:57 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Well I included the date because people seem to think it's coming Holiday season of 2010. Hopefully they do get it done by then.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/992/992063p1.html

The person who wrote that short preview is wondering if Link would actually go the whole GAME without his sword. That would be extremely odd, considering that one of the things people look forward to is using wii motion plus for sword fighting!

If you read the comments down below that article you will notice a couple things people pointed out.

1. Link is holding his shield with his left hand, so I guess those zelda purists here are going to be upset again.

2. Someone pointed out that the spirit next to Link looks like the master sword in spirit form.

Got Talk (general discussion forum - someone add product reviews)

Got Zelda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2009, 11:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 60
I wouldn't mind sections of the game where Link has to go swordless and be forced to rely on his other 17 dozen weapons instead. Taking down a fortress full of baddies through creative use of bombs, a hookshot, and maybe a hammer and an invisibility cape? Sounds like a sweet sequence.

And you know Zelda games suffer two delays minimum after they get an initial release date, of course.
Old 06-05-2009, 12:16 PM

Liked: 11
On IGN Nintendo Voice Chat (forget the episode) they discussed a rumour that the game was being developed by Retro Studios. Again this was a rumour but for IGN to mention it in a pod cast is definitely interesting....

PS3 Gamer Tag: WastedSauce
360 Gamer Tag: Thrillhelm
Old 06-05-2009, 12:25 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I would hope this one won't have delays since it's taken 100 years already.

I wouldn't mind parts without the sword either. Just as long as it's not the majority of the game.

They ened to have puzzles stop using only items gianed in that same dungeon though! I think maybe they should make it where one particular dungeon gives you multiple items and you don't automatically know a particular item is needed on the boss.

Got Zelda
Old 06-08-2009, 01:47 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

For people who seem to think Mario is what makes nintendo fans tick, I see that this new zelda game is #1 on IGN despite having alost no info and mario galaxy 2 is #2 with much mroe info.

I still have no clue how people liked mario galaxy. I can't play it because it was no fun to me. Maybe I will try yet again some day to play it.

Got Zelda
Old 06-08-2009, 01:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BASHERS33 View Post

For people who seem to think Mario is what makes nintendo fans tick, I see that this new zelda game is #1 on IGN despite having alost no info and mario galaxy 2 is #2 with much mroe info.

Being completely serious for a moment, do you honestly believe this to be sound reasoning?
Old 06-08-2009, 02:08 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Yep. The game that the most people are viewing is the one they are most interested in.

Got Zelda
Old 06-08-2009, 02:41 PM
AVS Special Member

But do you actually feel that proves anything? And the bigger question--why would you even need to prove that?

And I'm not even saying your mission statement is wrong. Zelda is very likely more popular than Mario, at least amongst the hardcore audience.
Old 06-08-2009, 02:56 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

It must be proven because Link should be everybody's favorite or they should be jailed.

Got Zelda
Old 06-08-2009, 03:15 PM
AVS Special Member

I think I prefer you in joking mode.

At least I assume you're joking.
Old 06-08-2009, 03:29 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I'm not sure if I'm joking. lol

Got Zelda
Old 10-21-2009, 10:58 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Well somehow I missed this, but Miyamoto confirmed at some point that not only will this zelda game use wii motion plus, but it is REQUIRED to play it.

All that seems to be known at this point is that fact, Link will be without his master sword for at least some amount of time, it will be an older link, and it won't be "radically different" (miyamoto's words) than past zelda games.

Got Zelda
Old 10-27-2009, 10:27 AM

I heard another rumor of a possible trailer being released this month. However, like most rumors related to Nintendo, it is probably not true.

Old 10-27-2009, 01:46 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I hope it is true because then we would have so many clues AND it would be much more likely it hits that 2010 date. I just find it odd it would first be introduced next eyar and then somehow get released the same year. Or more disbelief thatn feeling it's odd.

I sure hope they have a cool theme in this game. I don't have a DS, but I liked the idea of spirit tracks where you ride the train. I hope they think of something cool like that. Hmm I think it would be cool to have some "haunted" feel to a lot of it and maybe related to some ghosts of past characters and then some sort of really unique means of travel through space or time or something... I've had ideas in the past, but can't remember many.

One thing I've mentioend before though is weather-related puzzles! A lot of things based on weather or time of day due to heating or something. I dunno.

Got Zelda
Old 10-31-2009, 09:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Still no screenshots or video footage? I'm disappointed.

PS Network: HZR
Xbox 360 Tag: HZR Nam 75
Wii Connect: 7793 3308 1436 9373

I support cycle commuting.
Old 10-31-2009, 10:01 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Boo! (well booing them but boo for halloween too I guess?)

Man I really hope they do show something soon and details.

I haven't bought wii sports resort, but was talking to my cousin while he played sword fighting on it and I was thinking to myself wow how fun the next zelda game is going to be! I'm sure you would raise the nunchuk to put your shield up and then use the wiimote for the sword. That's going to be so fun!

Oh you know what would be so cool? Have the hit do more damage based on the accelerometer!!! I wish I had pull on this game because I think I would have cool ideas. Let's just hope they think of some of this. And I bet there will finally be more unique puzzles since we can do a bit more with the wii motion plus. Twisting it for various puzzles maybe.

Got Zelda
Old 11-03-2009, 07:28 AM

I wouldn't be too worried about a 2010 release date. New Super Mario Bros Wii is Miyamoto's pinnacle dream of that series and we had no idea about it until E3 this year and it is being released this year. I am being optomistic. Nintendo has admited that they are lacking big feature title's this year, so I wouldn't be surprised if we see Mario Galaxy 2 and Zelda next year.

Old 11-03-2009, 09:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Hey, Miyamoto confirmed Motion+ support for the sword-fighting (at the very least) in this game. I hope they go ahead and make it required for play, instead of an optional extra, to maximize the implementation. For a title this big, I'm sure they'd be willing to bundle in another dongle anyway.
Old 11-04-2009, 03:24 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

As I mentioned earlier in this same topic they did already confirm wii motion plus is required, not optional.

Got Zelda
Old 11-04-2009, 06:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Source on that? It's been rumored that it will be required for forever, but according to everything I've read (such as this Wired article, posted two days ago, which cites a Miyamoto interview from 10/30) it's still up in the air. It seems likely, sure, but I'm not taking anything for granted until I see it in print. Any "confirmation" up till now sounds like hopeful message-board fanboyism.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 32
The only Zelda I care about is Spirit Tracks atm.
Old 11-04-2009, 09:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Oddly, I can't bring myself to care about Spirit Tracks. I enjoyed the first DS Zelda as a fun departure, but I have no real desire to recreate the experiment, this time with a train theme.
Old 11-04-2009, 12:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Liked: 195
I just hope that Spirit Tracks doesn't have you going through the same temple 20 different times. While it was cool for a while to find shortcuts, by the end it got tedious.

XBL/Steam: JHoff80
Old 11-04-2009, 01:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 32
Loved Phantom Hourglass. Loved the Temple of the Ocean King.

The whole point of the Temple was to do it quickly, cleanly, confidently. It was like a little speedrun challenge. The only time it sucked was when you got the sword that could kill the guards.
Old 11-04-2009, 02:29 PM

After I was thoroughly disappointed with Twilight Princess, I could really care less about any Zelda game right now. I've played and beaten about every console Zelda game made (even the two crap fests that were on CD-i) and for the most part enjoyed them immensely. But Twilight Princess drove me insane with the backtracking. How many times do I need to tread back over the same area killing bugs or rounding up goats? It's nothing but lazy design meant to extend the playtime of a game. In order to convince me to buy a new Zelda game, Nintendo is going to have to prove that it isn't just another phoned in attempt with a new "gimmick" attached. Advance the storyline or universe in which the game is set and give me some new tools and items to use.

TWW resident bullet sponge
PSN: ThreeWulfMoon
Old 11-04-2009, 06:11 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

How someone could be a zelda fan of past games and not like Twilight Princess, I dunno. I'm tempted to play it a second time soon. i usually don't play games a second time for a long time so I hope I forgot some cool things by now.

I would LOVE to play spirit tracks if my vision didn't suck. I played the minish cap via game boy player on gamecube and loved that game.

I have not seen true confirmation of wii motion plus from Miyamoto, but IGN themselves said Miyamoto confirmed it was required. So I justa ssumed they know what they/'re talking about.

Got Zelda
Old 11-04-2009, 07:11 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by BASHERS33 View Post

How someone could be a zelda fan of past games and not like Twilight Princess, I dunno.

Herding goats, round 2. I didn't stick around to see if there would be a round 3.

WiiU: moothemagiccow

PSN: moothemagiccow (duh)

Old 11-04-2009, 08:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Liked: 195
They are making a DSi with larger screens, if you haven't seen.

4.2 inch screens - not sure if that's big enough to make a difference if you have that bad of vision.

XBL/Steam: JHoff80
Old 11-04-2009, 10:01 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Yeah I don't know. I would have to try it. Still wish there was something similar to gameboy player, but I guess it wouldn't work out so well since the ds has the stylus or w/e. When is the larger screen version released?

As far as herding, yes its annoying having to do some of that. But still once you get past that it's pretty fun. I didn't like being forced to stay in wolf form in the beginning, but then eventually liekd it.

Got Zelda
Old 11-04-2009, 10:24 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 17
Everyone says that, and more power to you all. The latest I got was "first six hours were slow but the rest was fantastic" and I understand by the end you'll have spent 30 or 40 hours playing. I'm just not that patient. I never finished Wind Waker because digging for triforce pieces was too much work.

I am a bit worried about the motion+ support. In wii swords you have to calibrate the remote by pointing at the screen at the start of each round.

WiiU: moothemagiccow

PSN: moothemagiccow (duh)