AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by USA Today.com, Aug 5, 2009 View Post

'Modern Warfare' expanding to Wii
A version of the mega-hit first-person shooter Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare will debut on the Nintendo Wii this November, Activision revealed in a statement.

The title, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, will release on November 10, alongside Modern Warfare 2. No additional details on the game were given.

While studio Infinity Ward has led development on the Modern Warfare franchise for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, the Wii version is being handled by Treyarch, the developers behind Call of Duty: World at War.

Modern Warfare is also infiltrating the handheld space, as Activision announced earlier this week the franchise would debut on the Nintendo DS.

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...g-to-the-wii/1

You know, Treyarch did a rather fine job w/ COD: W@W on Wii. Here's hoping they do at least as well if not better w/ MW. Make it control like Conduit (or at least W@W) & you have a winner, I think.

Color me intrigued & hopeful. And if it does well - and that is fairly likely, since the last COD did a million+ on Wii - I assume MW2 will pop up in late 2010 on the Nintendo console? Hmm...

Money does not buy happiness. It can, however, buy you a giant boat that you can pull up alongside happiness. - David Lee Roth

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 86 Old 08-05-2009, 09:19 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 10
YES!!!!!!!!!!! WOOT!!!!!!
MP and everything? hope so!

PC/PS3/360/Wii U
PSN GT: chuckster1
XBL GT: TahoeCougar
Steam: chavan30

post #3 of 86 Old 08-05-2009, 09:25 AM
AVS Special Member

The Graphics will be awesome

My mom works for Sony, and she brought home a copy of "Starhawk BETA"
I quickly slipped it into my trusty PS3, and started playing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 86 Old 08-05-2009, 09:41 AM
Advanced Member

I was wondering why nintendo and activision would leave all the $$$ on the table of releasing a new game for the wii to coincide with MW2. I figured something was up. Just didnt make any sense.
The graphics will be awesome I hope. I also have hope they will do maybe 6 v 6 MP or add more modes. To be released by November 10, this has to have been in development for awhile, so here's hoping all of our wishes come true.

PC/PS3/360/Wii U

post #5 of 86 Old 08-05-2009, 09:58 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHAVAN30 View Post

I was wondering why nintendo and activision would leave all the $$$ on the table of releasing a new game for the wii to coincide with MW2. I figured something was up. Just didnt make any sense.
The graphics will be awesome I hope. I also have hope they will do maybe 6 v 6 MP or add more modes. To be released by November 10, this has to have been in development for awhile, so here's hoping all of our wishes come true.

Considering that Treyarch's last COD title for Wii did rather well sales wise - and can be argued that it's as good if not better then The Conduit in terms of FPS pointer based gameplay - I would imagine MW Wii has been on the table for awhile. Rumors have been floating for a long time regarding MW & the Wii.

No, it won't look as pretty. That is a given. But despite what some fanboys seem to believe, 1080p graphics do NOT make a game great.

If they can pull off COD: W@W level gameplay or better - how about some Conduit level controls & multiplayer - this should be just fine.

Perhaps Treyarch/Activision were waiting to see how Conduit turned out? Not sales wise - the name brand alone will propel sales of MW Wii - but in terms of pulling off a bigger multiplayer situation as well as pushing the visuals a bit. HVS pulled that off - so now it's Treyarch's turn to build on that foundation. Let's hope that's what they do.

Money does not buy happiness. It can, however, buy you a giant boat that you can pull up alongside happiness. - David Lee Roth

post #6 of 86 Old 08-05-2009, 03:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Yay, 2 years later! It comes out the same day everyone else gets MW2 . Kinda sad.

But still, if they do a great job with it and faithfully port it, without stripping contents like dlc and while at it-adding a few, then i'll get excited.

LN-T4671F - FW: 2003.2
DV-980H - FW: 0B-0903
6620NP - FW: 2.10
N081URAY-Y37 - FW: 0.0
post #7 of 86 Old 08-05-2009, 03:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 201
Whoever wrote that didn't do much research with the mention of a DS release at the end of it, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare was released on the Nintendo DS in November of 2007.

This new game will be the second release of the franchise on the DS.
post #8 of 86 Old 08-05-2009, 04:54 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Ames View Post

Whoever wrote that didn't do much research with the mention of a DS release at the end of it, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare was released on the Nintendo DS in November of 2007.

This new game will be the second release of the franchise on the DS.

The "new" DS title, IIRC, is actually a new game - not a MW re-release. But yeah - the 1st one had a DS version already.

edit: http://kotaku.com/5328758/modern-war...d-coming-to-ds

Yes - a different MW for DS - Modern Warfare: Mobilized is coming in Nov.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotaku.com View Post

The latest DS-version of Modern Warfare will include multiplayer and horde modes, Activision announced today.

Modern Warfare: Mobilized is being developed by n-Space for a Nov. 10 release. Previous DS titles by n-Space include Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: World at War and Star Wars: The Force Unleashed.

Mobilized will have gamers fighting on the ground, hacking into enemy computer terminals, controlling tanks and UAV spy drones and manning the guns of an AC-130 gunship.

The title, which will have its own storyline, will include six-player online multiplayer modes and a Survival Mode that has players trying to hold off waves of oncoming enemies. Finally, Arcade Mode has players going through the single-player campaign with a time limit and running score.

post #9 of 86 Old 08-05-2009, 11:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 201
I know its different and a new title, I was just criticizing USA Today for not spending a little time researching their story before writing their news release. A few minutes of time would've shown them that the new title doesn't mark the debut of the franchise on the Nintendo DS, but is actually the second Modern Warfare game to see release on the handheld. Sloppy work.

Since the news piece is short on details, I'll be curious to see if it also makes it way to the PS2 like past Call of Duty releases on the Wii, or if the platform will be abandoned. And I'm also curious if its really a port of the original or the upcoming sequel, or perhaps an original entry into the Modern Warfare series built from the ground up for the Nintendo Wii.

Besides Call of Duty 3, last generation consoles and the Nintendo Wii have always recieved unique titles different from their PC/360/PS3 counterparts.
post #10 of 86 Old 08-06-2009, 03:51 AM
Advanced Member

according to Activisions website, Treyarch is porting the game to the Wii. So it doesnt read as if it is entirely new.
but, who knows??
I know I loved the game on both the ps3 and 360 so I am stoked to play it on my Wii.

PC/PS3/360/Wii U

post #11 of 86 Old 08-06-2009, 06:01 AM

I can't believe that I'm this hyped for a port of a two year old title. As much as i try to love the multi-player on the Conduit, something seems a little off to me. I think it's because my first real experience with a FPS was COD:WAW.

I find myself going back COD:WAW multi-player again and again. The replay value of this game has been tremendous because of the weapon challenges and custom classes. The Conduit has more multi-player game modes, but WAW does more with the modes it has. If Treyarch can deliver a port that is similar in quality to WAW, it's a day one purchase for me. Our UAV's online!

TWW resident bullet sponge
PSN: ThreeWulfMoon
post #12 of 86 Old 08-06-2009, 07:54 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I actually do better, points/kills wise, in Conduit than W@W. And the "pull grenade right before you die" to take out your killer.....god I hated that!!

My bro in law has had COD on semi-permanent loan for a while - might need to get that back & give MP yet another go.

But I do see where you're coming from in terms of the multiplayer - more OPTIONS within CoD's seemingly more limited MP offerings.

post #13 of 86 Old 08-06-2009, 08:15 AM

In WAW, I love the FG-42 and the BAR because they have stopping power at longer range and I can take apart the MP 40 users from a safe distance. Being able to set up classes with these guns has allowed me to develop a style of play that works for me. I also have a heavy gunner class that works well for smaller maps.

I think being able to consistently play with the weapons that you enjoy or that best suit a particular map is one of the things that is missing from the Conduit. It seems that the group picks the explosive weapon set three out of five matches, so I hardly ever get to use the deatomizer and shotty combo that I so love. If I was a betting man, the Conduit 2 will have custom classes ala WAW.

post #14 of 86 Old 08-06-2009, 08:21 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Wes View Post

In WAW, I love the FG-42 and the BAR because they have stopping power at longer range and I can take apart the MP 40 users from a safe distance. Being able to set up classes with these guns has allowed me to develop a style of play that works for me. I also have a heavy gunner class that works well for smaller maps.

I think being able to consistently play with the weapons that you enjoy or that best suit a particular map is one of the things that is missing from the Conduit. It seems that the group picks the explosive weapon set three out of five matches, so I hardly ever get to use the deatomizer and shotty combo that I so love. If I was a betting man, the Conduit 2 will have custom classes ala WAW.

I've learned to deal w/ the pick of explosive weapons - but yeah, still dread it a tad when it comes up (I never vote for them - usually Drudge or Near/Far are my picks).

OTOH, I have nailed a few with a rocket to the face/back of head before - usually hurts/kills me as well if too close by - but a satisfying sacrifice, esp if the victim is an opponent who has been hammering away on me earlier in the match. B ut during those times, as soon as I encounter a more "suitable" weapon, I'll ditch either the rocket or grenade launcher for it.

Agree about a possible Conduit 2 & it's options - HVS nailed the controls & got semi-large MP happening - a sequel should have more fine tuning of the in game options, a la COD. BUt I think the Grinder will be HVS next big one before a Conduit redux.

post #15 of 86 Old 08-19-2009, 03:38 AM
Advanced Member

IGN screens have just surfaced. Have at 'em...

http://media.wii.ign.com/media/902/902591/imgs_1.html
post #16 of 86 Old 08-19-2009, 03:54 AM
Advanced Member

wow. looks better than i thought it would. getting stoked.

PC/PS3/360/Wii U

post #17 of 86 Old 08-19-2009, 09:37 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

wow. looks better than i thought it would. getting stoked.

I'd say that while quite similar (thinking trees/grass elements) this looks a hair better than COD: W@W Wii did. Nice.

post #18 of 86 Old 08-19-2009, 11:49 AM

Is that a flat sniper rifle...lol? Doesn't matter, I'm still buying it day one

post #19 of 86 Old 08-19-2009, 12:51 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Is that a flat sniper rifle...lol? Doesn't matter, I'm still buying it day one

Highly likely for me, too.

If they can keep the framerate nice & smooth, the graphial hit shouldn't matter much. If it controls at least as well as W@W did on Wii - or they take some cues from The Conduit for the control schemes - might just have a winner here.

I see a possible Wii FPS-ish future lining up for me....Metriod Prime Trilogy for offline single player (that disc will have approx 80 hours worth of play length overall) & MW as a (hopefully) kickass online shooter.

post #20 of 86 Old 08-19-2009, 01:21 PM

i would like to see a few more game modes from the Xbox 360/PS3 versions held over. Headquarters would be a good mode for team play. It really wouldn't hurt my feelings if they took the standard and hardcore online modes and averaged them together to make room for more game types.

I hope that Treyarch will at least include Wii Speak support, and quite possibly even add compatibility for USB or Bluetooth headsets as well. I've got a Wii Speak which I can't use until I Time Warner reconnects my internet and I can download the Wii Speak Channel. However, I'm still skeptical about its functionality, especially in a 5 or 7.1 environment (the manual instructs users to use stereo mode only).

post #21 of 86 Old 08-19-2009, 03:15 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

i would like to see a few more game modes from the Xbox 360/PS3 versions held over. Headquarters would be a good mode for team play. It really wouldn't hurt my feelings if they took the standard and hardcore online modes and averaged them together to make room for more game types.

I hope that Treyarch will at least include Wii Speak support, and quite possibly even add compatibility for USB or Bluetooth headsets as well. I've got a Wii Speak which I can't use until I Time Warner reconnects my internet and I can download the Wii Speak Channel. However, I'm still skeptical about its functionality, especially in a 5 or 7.1 environment (the manual instructs users to use stereo mode only).

Unless you have the game audio cranked out to the max, the surrounds & center (mostly surrounds, I imagine) should not interfere much w/ WiiSpeak I would think.

post #22 of 86 Old 08-19-2009, 05:00 PM
Advanced Member

over at ign they are reporting all game modes, maps and 10 player online.
the term is "nothing is left out of the game" online or offline.
unfortunately no wiispeak. which i dont get.
ther are conflicting reports of possible dlc.....

PC/PS3/360/Wii U

post #23 of 86 Old 08-20-2009, 06:37 AM

Quote:

over at ign they are reporting all game modes, maps and 10 player online.
the term is "nothing is left out of the game" online or offline.
unfortunately no wiispeak. which i dont get.
ther are conflicting reports of possible dlc.....

NOOOOOOO!!!! How in the heck do they expect a team to coordinate its strategy in a mode like HQ if you can't freakin' talk to one another? If there's no Wii Speak, we'll have to find a PC based alternative. Anyone got suggestions?

post #24 of 86 Old 08-20-2009, 06:41 AM
Advanced Member

and this has all been *somewhat* confirmed on n4g.
skype is the answer you are looking for for pc based talk.
it's what all the kids use on cod:waw.

PC/PS3/360/Wii U

post #25 of 86 Old 08-20-2009, 06:47 AM

Ah, yes. I guess skype would work well for voice chat. I had it installed once, but never really used it much. Is it very difficult to add friends and set up multi-user conference calls?

Quote:

and this has all been *somewhat* confirmed on n4g.
skype is the answer you are looking for for pc based talk.
it's what all the kids use on cod:waw.

post #26 of 86 Old 08-20-2009, 06:58 AM
Advanced Member

i dont think so. hell my son does it when he plays, so it can be done.

PC/PS3/360/Wii U

post #27 of 86 Old 08-20-2009, 07:53 AM

Well, that makes me feel a little better. I guess we can use a thread to post skype info as well as friend codes. Of course, Treyarch might see the demand for Wii Speak and include support for it before MW is released.

post #28 of 86 Old 08-20-2009, 07:55 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Here's a list of apparently confirmed (as in, coming from Activision/Treyarch @ Gamescomthis week) MW Wii features - the plusses & minuses. I think the plusses outweigh the negatives..

http://www.el33tonline.com/past/2009...n_warfare_wii/

*Gamescom version is “almost beta”

*Nothing was taken down from the original version, everything is included: every multiplayer map, every multiplayer mode, all the original AI in single mode, all campaign modes from PS3 and Xbox 360.

*Downloadable Content (DLC) will not be included.

*There will be no support for Wii Speak or MotionPlus.

*One of the reasons they’re porting the game is to continue the evolution of Treyarch’s engine.

*Graphical improvements in some textures resolution, general performance, new particle effects.

*The game runs at 30 fps.

*Call of Duty: World at War (WaW) connections numbers on Wii were over any expectation, and were a complete surprise, which is one of the reasons for this game’s existence and multiplayer addition

*Online improvements include support for up to 10 players, host migration and possibility to invite connected friends

*Development team is similar to WaW’s: from 25 to 30 people

*Infinity Ward’s role in development of the game includes providing the engine code last year, Modern Warfare code and supervision throughout production

*Controls: Everything is configurable, ala Conduit, in addition to being smoother and better. All parameters, new scope setting. Up to 6 presets: from “greenhorn” to “insane”

*Squad mate mode is back, which includes support for the Zapper in single player

*CG/VA/sound effects/ OST from PS3 and Xbox 360.

No voice chat or DLC - kind of a bummer, but not enough to kill this for me.

The Skype thing sounds like a preferrable option for chat. Still, this is shaping up to be perhaps the "real" best FPS for Wii (sorry Conduit, I love ya....but this could trump that one big time). The Conduit-ish control options sound nice & hopefully become the de facto way FPS controls are done from here on out.

I'm thinking a day 1 buy.

post #29 of 86 Old 08-31-2009, 07:09 AM

I noticed that this is not listed for pre-order at Gamestop yet. I'm wondering if 11-10 might be a desired release date, but could be rescheduled if quality issues deem it necessary. Of course, a late launch would miss out on all of the MW2 hype. I'm hoping that the outcry from many gamers regarding lack of Wii Speak support might sway Treyarch to include it. I read a comment on an article regarding the lack of Wii Speak that summed it up best: without voice chat, the level of interaction with your squad mates is no better than that of playing with AI bots.

post #30 of 86 Old 09-11-2009, 03:42 PM

Stopped into the Gamestop in Lexington and pre-ordered MW. As of right now, there's no special promotions or freebies for MW at GS. While I was talking to the clerk, he mentioned something that I found interesting. He commented that the number of copies that they stock is now tied to the number of pre-orders. This may make it harder to get upcoming hardcore Wii titles on launch day in the future. I'm sure there will be copies to be had, just not as many.

Reply Nintendo

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page