Super Mario Galaxy 2 - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 96 Old 07-02-2010, 09:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 35
The Octo Stomp was one that caused a bit of swearing on my part, too - after a couple days of trying & failing, I gave up & moved on to other areas. About a week later, I gave it another shot & met my stomp quota on attempt #2. That method of tacking pesky Prankster Comets seems to work for me.

Money does not buy happiness. It can, however, buy you a giant boat that you can pull up alongside happiness. - David Lee Roth

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 96 Old 07-02-2010, 11:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Itching for more Galaxy I went back to play some Galaxy 1. Much to my surprise, I'm finding it kind of...well, almost boring compared to Galaxy 2. You'd think the two are barely different, and that's true, mostly, but played back to back, the little (but significant) tweaks they made are sharply apparent. The hub world does seem a bit of an unnecessary chore (though I still love the theme, and how it gradually grows more musically complex the more stars you get) after Galaxy 2's simplified World Map. More than that, the levels seem so LONG compared to Galaxy 2, almost tedious, and the little wandering/exploring you have to do makes the game seem noticeably slower than Galaxy 2's short-but-sweet style, where you're almost constantly platforming. Another thing that really jumps out is how only about half the score is orchestrated. The midi tunes just sound extremely flat now. The little victory tunes that play when you get a power star, then arrive back at the hub with it, sound positively archaic when compared to Galaxy 2's orchestrated version, and as a result getting the star feels like less of a moment. I know this all sounds stupid, but try it yourself and see--the games seem much more different than you might think.
post #93 of 96 Old 07-02-2010, 12:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 35
So much for it being SMG 1.5, then!

Money does not buy happiness. It can, however, buy you a giant boat that you can pull up alongside happiness. - David Lee Roth

post #94 of 96 Old 07-14-2010, 12:22 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisOneKidMongo View Post

You save the princess at the end? Crazy! I was hoping that when you beat Bowser's last form and he calmly informs you that he already ate Peach 35 minutes ago.

Anyway, got this game on Friday. For the first ten or so stars, my expectations were confirmed: A great follow-up to the amazing original, but yeah, I didn't really need to play this again quite yet. But I have to admit, 25 stars in, there's been a bunch of times where I've had this giant idiotic grin on my face without even realizing it. I guess they really did manage to recapture the magic. I'll see how the rest of the game shakes out, but so far I'm thinking this is one of those rare cases where the sequel surpasses the original.

**** that glidey-bird thing though.

I thought that Bowser was gonna eat one of Peach's famous cakes.
post #95 of 96 Old 07-15-2010, 12:42 AM

Liked: 10
I bought this game today, and played a little of the first level. Like a previous poster said, I had a huge grin on my face as I was playing. When I finish RE4 Wii Edition, I'm going to devour this game!
post #96 of 96 Old 08-28-2010, 10:30 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 17
Found a good deal on this. Looks good so far! I can't say I miss the old spaceship menu. Yoshi is fun, but holding the remote up gets old after a bit.

WiiU: moothemagiccow

PSN: moothemagiccow (duh)

Reply Nintendo

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page