Super Mario Galaxy 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 96 Old 10-08-2009, 08:07 AM - Thread Starter
D96

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Surprised to not see this around here, unless I missed it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iO10_IbDUBU
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 96 Old 10-08-2009, 08:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 48
I hope there is an option (and accompanying cutscene) for abandoning Yoshi into the cold dark vastness of space.
post #3 of 96 Old 10-08-2009, 08:45 AM - Thread Starter
D96

I have no issue with Yoshi. I do wish you could shoot all the toads in the face however.
post #4 of 96 Old 10-08-2009, 09:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Well, I think you can shoot them with Star Bits, but unfortunately there was a programming oversight and it doesn't cause their giant heads to explode.
post #5 of 96 Old 10-08-2009, 09:06 AM - Thread Starter
D96

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisOneKidMongo View Post

Well, I think you can shoot them with Star Bits, but unfortunately there was a programming oversight and it doesn't cause their giant heads to explode.

actually a nice slow strangling of them would be better. Nintendo needs to put out a pressure sensitive attachment for these stranglings.
post #6 of 96 Old 10-08-2009, 09:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Or release an upgraded nunchuck, the wire of which could be used as a garrote in-game. Maybe Nintendo can start working on that after they finish with the vitality sensor.

I still prefer using these on Yoshi, though. No problem with Yoshi? Clearly you never played much Smash Bros.
post #7 of 96 Old 10-08-2009, 09:27 AM - Thread Starter
D96

Quote:

Or release an upgraded nunchuck, the wire of which could be used as a garrote in-game. Maybe Nintendo can start working on that after they finish with the vitality sensor.

I still prefer using these on Yoshi, though. No problem with Yoshi? Clearly you never played much Smash Bros.

not much...my son plays it. But I enjoy the YOshi's Island franchise...fun games.

Not to say he wasn't annoying...at leats in Super Mario Sunshine you could jump into the water and watch Yoshi dissolve..
post #8 of 96 Old 10-08-2009, 09:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 34
Quote:

Garrote & strangling w Wiimote & 'chuck....

2 things you CAN & occasionally MUST do in Godfather: Blackhand. Something simultaneously sick & satisfying about strangling a victim while you feel said victim's pulse slowing & fading via Wiimote rumble.

Somehow I just do not see Miyamoto campaigning for this for inclusion in SMG2.

Money does not buy happiness. It can, however, buy you a giant boat that you can pull up alongside happiness. - David Lee Roth

post #9 of 96 Old 10-08-2009, 10:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by D96 View Post

...at leats in Super Mario Sunshine you could jump into the water and watch Yoshi dissolve..

And don't think I didn't. I have enjoyed a long history of Yoshi-murdering, starting from his first appearance in Super Mario World, where it could be quite useful to ditch him down a bottomless pit and save yourself on a mistimed jump.
post #10 of 96 Old 10-08-2009, 10:28 AM - Thread Starter
D96

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8Ug-66nlMk
post #11 of 96 Old 11-08-2009, 07:40 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 13
The first one is one of my all-time favorite games, and I have been gaming since the Nintendo came out. I can not wait to get this one!
post #12 of 96 Old 11-08-2009, 10:47 PM
AVS Special Member

The first MG was great. 1 of the best Mario's ever made. I would have liked some thing else though. Some thing in between snes mario world and mario64 on N64. I think Nintendo could pull it off.
post #13 of 96 Old 11-09-2009, 09:12 AM
AVS Special Member

I still don't understand that. I can't even play 1 level of it because I got bored. I still own it and haven't eben able to play it. (the original)

Got Talk (general discussion forum - someone add product reviews)

Got Zelda
post #14 of 96 Old 11-09-2009, 09:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BASHERS33 View Post

I still don't understand that. I can't even play 1 level of it because I got bored. I still own it and haven't eben able to play it. (the original)

See, I know everyone has their own tastes, and different strokes and to each his own and whatnot, but not liking Galaxy is legitimate proof that you have no/the worst tastes. Well, that and your openly admitting to having enjoyed the music of Jennifer Love Hewitt.
post #15 of 96 Old 11-09-2009, 09:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

See, I know everyone has their own tastes, and different strokes and to each his own and whatnot, but not liking Galaxy is legitimate proof that you have no/the worst tastes. Well, that and your openly admitting to having enjoyed the music of Jennifer Love Hewitt.

And if there is anything to appreciate about JL Hewett, it sure as hell isn't her singing voice (although part of her "charm" is actually located near her lungs).

Money does not buy happiness. It can, however, buy you a giant boat that you can pull up alongside happiness. - David Lee Roth

post #16 of 96 Old 11-09-2009, 09:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 32
How can someone not like Mario Galaxy? I don't even see how that's possible.
post #17 of 96 Old 11-09-2009, 09:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by number1laing View Post

How can someone not like Mario Galaxy? I don't even see how that's possible.

Me either. I found SMG to be far & away one of the best Wii experiences to date. Took all that was cool w/ Mario64 & upped all the good stuff & added so much more. Also argualbly the prettiest Wii title so far.

While the sequel may just be more of the same, I have found that Miyamoto tends to hit 'em out of the park with more consistency than most. Hell, they've added Yoshi to SMG2 - makes for a more interesting situation in the wacky gravity-defying world this game lives in.

post #18 of 96 Old 11-09-2009, 10:19 AM
AVS Special Member

I want to like it, trust me. I'm sure I will try it again. I never likes smasgh bros. melee either. I just never understood the point in that game. It seemed boring to me. It was like fight and no adventure or anything.

I still havent even played my copy of the wii paper mario game either. Or finished super mario bros. 2 (the japan 2, not u.s. 2). I have a lot of mario I should be playing.

Oh and super strikers charged... I tried that one time and I was like what in the world is the goal of this game and then didn't play that again either. For some reason mario spinoffs seem to ahve no objective and link spinoffs are fun.

Got Zelda
post #19 of 96 Old 11-09-2009, 10:23 AM
AVS Special Member

I thought SSBM had some sort of adventure mode... Subspace Emissary or something.

In any case, the point of the game is multiplayer.
post #20 of 96 Old 11-09-2009, 10:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by number1laing View Post

I thought SSBM had some sort of adventure mode... Subspace Emissary or something.

In any case, the point of the game is multiplayer.

It does & that's what it's called.

If SSBB had a weak spot it was that, although even it was not a total waste of time & does allow one to unlock a lot of the game's goodies outside of the normal brawl. Some nice eye candy in it, too.

post #21 of 96 Old 11-09-2009, 11:05 AM
AVS Special Member

I can understand not liking SSB or Strikers or whatever. (Though the "point" of Strikers, I'd say, is the same as the game of soccer, which is to score points, specifically, more points than the opposing team at the end of a set time period; I could go on.) But to not like Mario Galaxy is to deny the existence of a kind and loving God, and also spitting in His nonexistent face.
post #22 of 96 Old 11-09-2009, 11:55 AM
AVS Special Member

lol

Well on SMG what's so good about it? All i did was play at the beginning and it wasn't interesting to me. Same with mario 64. i played barely any of that game.

Well i thought strikers' point was score goals too but when I tried playing a game it was ll weird and not like a soccer field and seemed to have no space to do anything on it. I dunno.

As far as SSB I just neevr got into fighting games because to me one move is the same as any other and nothing that excites me. i liked soul calibur 2 though, but barely played it also.

Got Zelda
post #23 of 96 Old 11-09-2009, 12:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Describe the face of God to a disbeliever? Not even gonna try. If you're going to insist on sitting over there eating giant jars of paste I am not going to expend the effort to explain to you why ice cream is delicious.
post #24 of 96 Old 11-09-2009, 12:37 PM
AVS Special Member

If nothing else, SMG was a good spectator game. The wife never minded when I was playing that, as it always had something colorful, humorous or cool to look at. And she has even wrestled away the Wiimote from our daughter to help grab star bits from time to time.

post #25 of 96 Old 11-12-2009, 07:31 PM

What's good about Galaxy is that it was like a classic sidescrolling Mario game done in 3D. It wasn't pointless running around like I found Mario 64 to be, but more like an obstacle course. Couple that with an epic-sounding theme and the stars... well it's just an overall good package! As for Strikers Charged, well you really should play the game with people. Think of it as a hockey game with Mario items and a ball. And if it's too busy for you, you can always turn off the stuff.
post #26 of 96 Old 11-12-2009, 07:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Mario 64 wasn't pointless running around. It had less structure than Galaxy but the goals were similar.
post #27 of 96 Old 11-12-2009, 10:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Well with galaxy something just felt weird. But I only played like an hour before feeling uninterested. So I hope some day I play it again and like it. I really have had a hard time staying interested in any action/adventure type of game other than the zelda series.

Got Zelda
post #28 of 96 Old 11-25-2009, 08:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
I never use any other game other then mario galaxy.

Not a big gamer but when I play for a few minutes it always seems to be galaxy
post #29 of 96 Old 04-19-2010, 07:50 AM
AVS Special Member

This screenshot from SMG2 seems to confirm either a new 2 player mode or at least an expansion on the 1st game's 2-player mode (#2 just collects Star Bits - and chucks them, too and occasionally harrasses enemies). Either way, looks like P2 takes on the role of a Luma.

post #30 of 96 Old 04-19-2010, 08:10 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 31
Man, I thought Ninty got it when they pushed out NSMBW: we all like multiplayer, we all love single player... sad middle ground = meh.

Honestly, Another "hey, use your 'mote to grab that thing that's not even remotely fun to grab but you have to so we can play 'together'!" isn't cool. Make it single player and call it a day, I don't play Metroid/Zelda/Galaxy for the intense bonding moment between me and my bored friends... I play to conquer!

But then again, this game still looks a bit like a SMG1 level pack to me. I can't find much outside a couple unique new worlds that make my $49.99 worth spending.

-vdz
Reply Nintendo

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page