Coaxial Cable Causes Scrolling clear on Screen - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 12-31-2009, 06:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I use the Wii's USB occasionally, but recently, the USB Hard Drive is getting interfered by the coaxial cable. I don't know if USB devices that do not require power from an outlet will get interfered (USB keyboard, USB Thumb drive, etc.), I'll try to check this out now.
I just moved in to the new house, having moved from an apartment (TV/Wii/HDD is now in the basement). I can now receive digital cable through the wall (I didn't note if I could before). The screen has horizontal static (not enough to hinder gameplay) going upward. The static goes through the screen, and it's transparent, unlike TV static.

Is this a interference problem? When I unplug the coax, the screen returns to normal, even with the drive plugged in. Is it a shielding problem with the USB cable or the coax cable? I plan on getting component cables and maybe that'll do the trick.

Thanks for any help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-03-2010, 07:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Sounds like a ground loop issue. I would start with a Google search and learn more about it.
post #3 of 3 Old 01-06-2010, 09:53 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
there are many old threads on avs addressing ground loop issues. They were completely eliminated in my system by the use of very inexpensive ground loop filters like this one:

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/show...number=180-075

I see that the product says for analog cable, not digital, but I am using them on a digital (comcastic) system with no problem.

good luck,

ar
Reply Nintendo

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page