First Person Shooters - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 02-03-2010, 08:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Any FPS for the Wii that is multiplayer (not online) that can be played with 4 players, similar to Halo?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 02-04-2010, 07:04 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 14
The Conduit is pretty good and Metroid Prime 3 Corruption is most excellent in my opinion.

edit -- Whoops, you said local multiplayer. Sorry. The only one I can think of is Quantum of Solace, which had terrible reviews so I never thought about getting it.

chili
somebody set up us the bomb
post #3 of 7 Old 02-04-2010, 08:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliDog View Post

The Conduit is pretty good and Metroid Prime 3 Corruption is most excellent in my opinion.

edit -- Whoops, you said local multiplayer. Sorry. The only one I can think of is Quantum of Solace, which had terrible reviews so I never thought about getting it.

QoS got horrid reviews from crticis, but I have read where there are some Wii users that actually dig the game for their system - have never played it myself, but may rent it.

Metroid Prime Trilogy does include the multiplayer from MP2 Echoes - 4 players, local only. Not a great improvement over the local mulitplayer we saw in Goldeneye for N64, but it is what the OP is seeking. Granted, it is perhaps the lesser feature in an otherwise jam packed disc that any Wii owner that likes shooters or adventure/quest games needs to own.

While not true multiplayer, the last 2 Call of Duty games for Wii (World @ War, Modern Warfare Reflex) have "squadmate" mode in single player. A 2nd player can jump in w/ just a Wiimote and act as a 2nd shooter to the main player, who handles all the primary game actions. Will say that for online, Modern Warfare Reflex is actually very good - a better online shooter than the Conduit or even the previous COD for Wii.

Money does not buy happiness. It can, however, buy you a giant boat that you can pull up alongside happiness. - David Lee Roth

post #4 of 7 Old 02-04-2010, 08:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
I had a lot of fun with my friends playing 007: Nightfire. It's for the Gamecube.
post #5 of 7 Old 02-26-2012, 12:21 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked: 823
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobL View Post

Any FPS for the Wii that is multiplayer (not online) that can be played with 4 players, similar to Halo?

I am not sure but I thought Nintendo did a redo of the original goldeneye James bond game that was 4 player offline.

The original was awesome on N64 back in the day.

-

"Too much is almost enough. Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards."
post #6 of 7 Old 02-26-2012, 07:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 201
I never really thought of the Metroid Prime series as first person shooters. I suppose they more or less qualify as members of the genre, but something in me hates to classify them as such. First person adventure seems to be what they're typically classified as.

Nintendo has never remade Goldeneye 007. It's apparantly caught in No Man's Land since both Nintendo and Rare (MS owned) hold rights to it and obviously both want it on their console and not the competition. You're thinking of a brand new Activision game that utilized the same movie license (And clearly took some inspiration from the N64 classic). Was recently ported to HD consoles as well.

It doesn't have local multiplayer, but just in case you ever considered it for single player, stay away from Brothers in Arms Double Time. That was $50 wasted. Loved both games on the Xbox so I wanted to see how their conversion turned out on the Wii. That was a mistake with very poor motion controls, no GCN or Classic Controller support to make up for the lousy motion control implementation, the ports were based off the PS2 builds rather than the PC/Xbox versions (Not an issue so much on Road to Hill 30 where they were fairly equal, but it really hurts the sequel that had some great AI on the Xbox version and some other enhancements that aren't here due to its PS2 heritage), an unsteady frame rate that gets very choppy when the action gets busy, and various other technical glitches that are in abundance like lockups.

I enjoyed Medal of Honor Heroes 2. But I can't recall if it had local multiplayer (It did have a well recieved online mode though). And the already mentioned Conduit game has a sequel and if the first one rates a mention, the improved sequel certainly should.
post #7 of 7 Old 02-26-2012, 09:26 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 17
the goldeneye game is 4 player local

WiiU: moothemagiccow

PSN: moothemagiccow (duh)

Reply Nintendo

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version