Fml... - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 10 Old 06-25-2010, 07:35 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Well, 2 nights ago i came home from work to find my apartment door kicked in..what was missing? My new PS3, my Wii, around 50 games, my laptop, my new iomega 1TB external hard drive and my camera around $300...so in all i lost like $2000 worth of electronics...great...now what do i do...

No renters insurance like a dumbass but my lease is up the second week of July so i figured why do i need it?...THAT bit me in the ass..

So my question to you all...i'm only gonna buy one system this time...i loved my Wii and my PS3..but im not going to buy both again...so should i get another slim? or buy a wii? or even an xbox? Of course i'm leaning towards a PS3 again just because i believe its the best out of the three, but i'd like to hear your comments and suggestions...which is the better value, price wise, game (both present and future) wise, feature wise, fun wise, etc...

I'm asking because thinking about a PS3 puts a sour taste in my mouth, so I'm open to Xbox suggestions..as well as Wii...Let's hear'em..Thanks!

--Ace
--PSN: AceStallion
----Wavee baby!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 06-25-2010, 08:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 34
PS3 seems to be the "utility knife" of the 3 consoles - I'd actually lean that way in your case. Depends greatly on how much you need to have the Nintendo exclusives. But you can also get the low end 360s for $150 now (minus HDD of course). And aren't the "classic" Wiis (w/ Wii Sports only) also selling for $150 in some places now? While both are stripped down packages that'll need additional purchases to flesh out, A Wii & 360 Arcade combined retail for what a PS3 runs.

Sorry - not an answer - more just jumbling the options up for you.

And BTW - SERIOUS bummer! Sorry to hear about the break-in. That sucks.

Money does not buy happiness. It can, however, buy you a giant boat that you can pull up alongside happiness. - David Lee Roth

post #3 of 10 Old 06-25-2010, 11:07 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 31
THAT SUCKS! I beleive we can grant you forum permission to kick the crap out of whoever did it, should you ever locate them. Post when and where you'll be kicking them and you can probably arrange to have some AVS'ers assist with a full HD a$$ kicking...

But to answer your question, if you only want one, I'd vote PS3 as well. Bluray, games, music... it's handy. But if you're looking to get more than one, I'd recommend hitting craigslist for used consoles. I've seen Wii's with a couple of games for around $100 cash money, you could potentially find a second hand PS3 phat and a Wii for the same cost as a new slim.

-vdz
post #4 of 10 Old 06-25-2010, 11:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 34
Exactly - if I were currently console-less, as well as BD player-less - I'd have a PS3 Slim in my living room, like, yesterday.

Money does not buy happiness. It can, however, buy you a giant boat that you can pull up alongside happiness. - David Lee Roth

post #5 of 10 Old 06-25-2010, 12:01 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwebb1970 View Post

Exactly - if I were currently console-less, as well as BD player-less - I'd have a PS3 Slim in my living room, like, yesterday.

hahaha...yeah but i have to move away from these douche bags first...

--Ace
----Wavee baby!
post #6 of 10 Old 07-06-2010, 12:54 AM

I'm very sorry about your loss...that sounds terrible. **** dirty lowlifes that do that **** to other people.

I have all 3 systems, and I must say, the least played system for me is my PS3. I mean, I enjoyed a few games on it...LBP, GOW3, MGS4, and to a lesser extend Killzone 2, but the media capabilities of the PS3 are lacking compared to the 360. I like the controller better on the 360 too so I buy all cross platform games on the 360. The only downside is there's no bluray player, but I used that a few times and never bought another bluray. I just download bluray rips and stream them to my 360 which handles them better, has better picture quality, and has a faster user interface. Plus on the PS3, you can't even listen to music while you play games...wtf is that. I had my 360 die on me a few times but it was a launch console and never paid for a repair. MS even fixed it when it was 5 years old and 2 years out of warranty for free. My Wii just broke too, black screen of death...ugh. Anywho, the wii is cheap as hell you should get it and a 360. Probably can get both for 400$. Then, just softmod the wii and download all your games. I have over 60 games on my 60$ western digital hard drive.
post #7 of 10 Old 07-06-2010, 04:08 AM
AVS Special Member

That sucks.

Well I would automatically say Wii just because zelda > anything else in life.

I was forced to get renter's insurance or they wouldn't even let me move in.

Got Talk (general discussion forum - someone add product reviews)

Got Zelda
post #8 of 10 Old 07-12-2010, 10:56 AM - Thread Starter

Yeah i wish they'd made me get Renter's...anyway..lesson learned..i have another question...so i DL like 5 games from Wii shop channel...are those lost forever? or if i buy a new wii can i get them back for free?

--Ace
----Wavee baby!
post #9 of 10 Old 07-12-2010, 01:07 PM
AVS Special Member

I think you can call Nintendo and get them transferred somehow.

Got Talk (general discussion forum - someone add product reviews)

Got Zelda
post #10 of 10 Old 07-12-2010, 02:39 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks, but i heard they need the serial number to do that and I def dont know the serial number...I heard however that the serial number is posted on every Piece of the system you buy...The dumbasses that robbed me left the motion bar...is the serial number on or in that somewhere? that's my only hope it seems...

--Ace
----Wavee baby!
Reply Nintendo

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page