New Super Smash Bros?! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 07-14-2010, 12:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
has anyone heard anything about a new super smash bros game for the wii? my wii and all my games were stolen recently and im about to buy a new wii from a friend for cheap..i want to buy smash bros brawl again but if there is already talk about a new one, ill most likely wait for it...lemmi know! Thanks everyone!

--Ace
--PSN: AceStallion
----Wavee baby!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 07-14-2010, 12:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceStallion View Post

has anyone heard anything about a new super smash bros game for the wii? my wii and all my games were stolen recently and im about to buy a new wii from a friend for cheap..i want to buy smash bros brawl again but if there is already talk about a new one, ill most likely wait for it...lemmi know! Thanks everyone!

Nothing as of yet - I would imagine being such a relatively high profile Nintendo franchise, were a new installment coming in the forseeable future, it would have been announced or teased by now. The world knew of a new Zelda game for Wii over a year before the 1st images/gameplay shots/hands-on demos were shown.

It's not outside of the realm of possibilities for a new Smash Bros game, esp after seeing a Galaxy sequel during the same console lifespan (something Nintendo generally never does) - but considering the original's success & apparent continued playtime of SSBB based on Nintendo Channel data, it's probably not likely.

And despite 2 Zelda titles coming to Wii during it's lifespan, recall that TP was originally a GameCube title that they held back to issue on Wii.

Brawl was a huge hit, though - I would not be surprised if the next Ninty home platform sees a new version or if a 3DS edition is coming.

As for now, I think you are safe re-investing in a replacement copy.

Money does not buy happiness. It can, however, buy you a giant boat that you can pull up alongside happiness. - David Lee Roth

post #3 of 8 Old 07-14-2010, 01:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Added thoughts/comments - I owned Brawl but sold it not long ago. Could never fully get into it, although I see the appeal.

Some time later I rented, then bought, Tatsunoko Vs Capcom. And via a nice trade in promo from GameStop, got my hands on the TvsC FightStick for cheap. Since getting the FightStick, I have considered gong back to SSBB.

Anyone here ever play Brawl with the TvsC or similar arcade stick? Since it's basically a Classic Controller (short 1 analog stick) with bigger, arcade-style buttons begging to be mashed repeatedly (or set to Turbo mode!!), it seems like it would be great for Brawl.

The FightStick led to almost instant improvement in my TvsC abilities & wonder if the same effect would be felt using it w/ SSBB?

Money does not buy happiness. It can, however, buy you a giant boat that you can pull up alongside happiness. - David Lee Roth

post #4 of 8 Old 07-14-2010, 02:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 55
I wouldn't expect to see a new SSB until the next round of consoles. Even if it's before then, on Wii, you still wouldn't see it for at least another couple years.
post #5 of 8 Old 07-16-2010, 12:47 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
sad face

--Ace
--PSN: AceStallion
----Wavee baby!
post #6 of 8 Old 07-17-2010, 12:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 207
It and Mario Kart Wii are still excellent sellers years after their release.

I wouldn't count on a sequel to either title on this platform when the current releases are still selling so well.
post #7 of 8 Old 08-02-2010, 06:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 32
How does SSBB hold up now? Do people still play it online? I'm thinking about getting it to play with my gf.
post #8 of 8 Old 08-02-2010, 07:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by number1laing View Post

How does SSBB hold up now? Do people still play it online? I'm thinking about getting it to play with my gf.

Nintendo Channel numbers still show it to be rather popular. Kotaku charts Wii play data from said Channel monthly - SSBB is always fairly high on that list to this day.

Reply Nintendo

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page