what is the best method to play snes,nes and n64 on lcd? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 08-16-2010, 12:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
hi what is the best method to play snes,nes and n64 on lcd bravia 46 ?...... my english sucks hehe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 08-16-2010, 12:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebas_ View Post

hi what is the best method to play snes,nes and n64 on lcd bravia 46 ?...... my english sucks hehe

With a Wii connected via component, using the Virtual Console offerings, would be my suggestion.

Money does not buy happiness. It can, however, buy you a giant boat that you can pull up alongside happiness. - David Lee Roth

post #3 of 7 Old 08-16-2010, 01:08 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwebb1970 View Post

With a Wii connected via component, using the Virtual Console offerings, would be my suggestion.

hey but in virtual console theres no games like donkey kong 64 mario all star etc
post #4 of 7 Old 08-16-2010, 01:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebas_ View Post

hey but in virtual console theres no games like donkey kong 64 mario all star etc

Very true - but as far as AV quality, it's generally your best & easiest bet.

That said, you should look thru the threads here for options when using the original consoles.

And I'm sure others will chime in with some of those options here, too.

Money does not buy happiness. It can, however, buy you a giant boat that you can pull up alongside happiness. - David Lee Roth

post #5 of 7 Old 08-16-2010, 11:42 PM

I just used the original AV cables for my SNES and N64. The picture quality isn't great, but it works.
post #6 of 7 Old 08-17-2010, 10:22 AM

Honestly? I would say through a PC emulator. I was surprised to see how subpar the graphics were by using WiiWare or Virtual Console - this after spending money on a Classic Controller (that isn't even wireless!) and for points to play the classic games. Of course, I do NOT condone anything that involves piracy, ROMS, etc. But for games I already own and backed up, I prefer my PC; the graphics aren't any better, and I use my (wireless, already paid for) XBox 360 controller (with the wireless PC connector).

(Slightly O/T, but Nintendo must have been out of their minds. I have to have a Gamecube controller AND memory card to play Gamecube games on the Wii, plus the non-wireless classic controller to play the VC games. How the heck is that fair?)
post #7 of 7 Old 08-17-2010, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennygwoods View Post

Honestly? I would say through a PC emulator. I was surprised to see how subpar the graphics were by using WiiWare or Virtual Console - this after spending money on a Classic Controller (that isn't even wireless!) and for points to play the classic games. Of course, I do NOT condone anything that involves piracy, ROMS, etc. But for games I already own and backed up, I prefer my PC; the graphics aren't any better, and I use my (wireless, already paid for) XBox 360 controller (with the wireless PC connector).

(Slightly O/T, but Nintendo must have been out of their minds. I have to have a Gamecube controller AND memory card to play Gamecube games on the Wii, plus the non-wireless classic controller to play the VC games. How the heck is that fair?)

Grab the appropriate usb adaptors for your original controllers at retrousb.com and it doesn't get any better than that for classic gaming on an LCD.
Reply Nintendo

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page