what is the best method to play snes,nes and n64 on lcd? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 08-16-2010, 12:33 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Zebas_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 47
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
hi what is the best method to play snes,nes and n64 on lcd bravia 46 ?...... my english sucks hehe
Zebas_ is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 Old 08-16-2010, 12:34 PM
AVS Special Member
 
jwebb1970's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Visalia, CA
Posts: 8,339
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebas_ View Post

hi what is the best method to play snes,nes and n64 on lcd bravia 46 ?...... my english sucks hehe

With a Wii connected via component, using the Virtual Console offerings, would be my suggestion.

Money does not buy happiness. It can, however, buy you a giant boat that you can pull up alongside happiness. - David Lee Roth

jwebb1970 is offline  
post #3 of 7 Old 08-16-2010, 01:08 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Zebas_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 47
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwebb1970 View Post

With a Wii connected via component, using the Virtual Console offerings, would be my suggestion.

hey but in virtual console theres no games like donkey kong 64 mario all star etc
Zebas_ is offline  
post #4 of 7 Old 08-16-2010, 01:45 PM
AVS Special Member
 
jwebb1970's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Visalia, CA
Posts: 8,339
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebas_ View Post

hey but in virtual console theres no games like donkey kong 64 mario all star etc


Very true - but as far as AV quality, it's generally your best & easiest bet.

That said, you should look thru the threads here for options when using the original consoles.

And I'm sure others will chime in with some of those options here, too.

Money does not buy happiness. It can, however, buy you a giant boat that you can pull up alongside happiness. - David Lee Roth

jwebb1970 is offline  
post #5 of 7 Old 08-16-2010, 11:42 PM
Member
 
Masked MarvelHD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: El Paso, TX
Posts: 77
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just used the original AV cables for my SNES and N64. The picture quality isn't great, but it works.
Masked MarvelHD is offline  
post #6 of 7 Old 08-17-2010, 10:22 AM
Newbie
 
pennygwoods's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Honestly? I would say through a PC emulator. I was surprised to see how subpar the graphics were by using WiiWare or Virtual Console - this after spending money on a Classic Controller (that isn't even wireless!) and for points to play the classic games. Of course, I do NOT condone anything that involves piracy, ROMS, etc. But for games I already own and backed up, I prefer my PC; the graphics aren't any better, and I use my (wireless, already paid for) XBox 360 controller (with the wireless PC connector).

(Slightly O/T, but Nintendo must have been out of their minds. I have to have a Gamecube controller AND memory card to play Gamecube games on the Wii, plus the non-wireless classic controller to play the VC games. How the heck is that fair?)
pennygwoods is offline  
post #7 of 7 Old 08-17-2010, 03:57 PM
Member
 
insertcoin2play's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 80
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennygwoods View Post

Honestly? I would say through a PC emulator. I was surprised to see how subpar the graphics were by using WiiWare or Virtual Console - this after spending money on a Classic Controller (that isn't even wireless!) and for points to play the classic games. Of course, I do NOT condone anything that involves piracy, ROMS, etc. But for games I already own and backed up, I prefer my PC; the graphics aren't any better, and I use my (wireless, already paid for) XBox 360 controller (with the wireless PC connector).

(Slightly O/T, but Nintendo must have been out of their minds. I have to have a Gamecube controller AND memory card to play Gamecube games on the Wii, plus the non-wireless classic controller to play the VC games. How the heck is that fair?)

Grab the appropriate usb adaptors for your original controllers at retrousb.com and it doesn't get any better than that for classic gaming on an LCD.
insertcoin2play is offline  
Reply Nintendo

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off