Best Wii games for a 5 year old? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 11-17-2010, 10:16 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Looking to grab a(nother) Wii since my oldest is now 5 and seems to really enjoy her Leapster 2. I sold my first Wii due to lack in inactivity.

Any games worth picking up that she'll be able to handle? I was thinking Bloom Box Bash Party and Raymann Raving Rabbids (I can see my 5 year old and 3 year old both laughing it up w/ this one). Are these any good?

Anything pop into your minds that would work here?

Thanks !

Oh, and as far as my OWN gaming, there are now a bunch I'm interested in so that's not a issue !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-17-2010, 11:12 AM

Well, I'm not sure that there are that many good educational games, but there are some that I think a 5 year old could figure out.

It really depends how good they are at video games. If they're still on a basic level, it might be best to stick to 2D puzzle and platformer games. The older NES and SNES Mario games on the VC (Super Mario Bros, Super Mario World) might be ideal for this, as well as any version of Tetris or Dr. Mario. Kirby's Epic Yarn looks like it might be a good choice, also.

If they like racing games, you could try Mario Kart Wii or a similar racing game.

If you think they can handle a 3D game, you might want to invest in Super Mario Galaxy, and/or some of the Lego adventure games.
post #3 of 4 Old 11-17-2010, 11:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Both Boom Blox games should be great family games. I imagine any of the Wii Sports/Resort/Party games should offer at least some fun content for young kids, too.

Don't be afraid to let your kids try out more "complex" games like Mario Galaxy or New Super Mario Bros, either. I feel like kids today are going to just be naturally better at games (and from a younger age), just from growing up in an environment saturated by technology. I was amazed watching my three-year-old nephew play Mario Sunshine on his dad's old GameCube. He didn't quite grasp the concept of completing a stage, but he had a lot of fun just moving around the environment, and his competence in controlling Mario was almost creepy.
post #4 of 4 Old 11-17-2010, 12:01 PM - Thread Starter

I pre-ordered that Mario 25th Anniversary game that releases on 12/12. I figured the 2d side to side would keep them busy. Even if they don't get off world 1-1, it could be hours of fun.

And ... well ... Daddy needs some nostalgia ...
Reply Nintendo

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page