Okamiden (DS) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 03-17-2011, 06:08 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked: 197
I loved Okami when I played it on the Wii, so I picked this up yesterday.

It was hyped up to be sort of a 'swan song' for the DS before the 3DS comes out, and I can't disagree. The painted look of the series looks great on the DS. I'd say it's probably one of the best looking DS games I've played yet.

Unfortunately, it's got two issues. One, there's a mostly fixed camera which can cause issues when navigating in a 3D world like this. Secondly, I'm about 2 hours in, and despite being a sequel to Okami, despite the fact that you're a new character, the gameplay is practically identical. In some ways that's a good thing, but I'm a little concerned it's going to feel like more of the same the further I get in.

I mean, the goals so far are identical to those in Okami (revive trees to revive the world), and the game takes place in the same world. There's a new wrinkle in fights as your partner can help out, and the same goes for dungeons, but that's really not that much. It's a really good game, but I'm hoping things change up soon so that it steps out on its own from the original.

XBL/Steam: JHoff80
Reply Nintendo

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page