Time Out to Honor A Real Console Heroe - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #1 of 2 Old 04-14-2011, 08:49 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 190 Post(s)
Liked: 310
I had no idea that the inventor of the modern video game console was an African American. His name was Ted Lawson from Silicon Valley. And he passed away at age 70 yesterday. He was the forerunner for Atari, Coleco, Sega, Nintendo, PS, XBox, PC Games and all of them. He was the catalyst for the modern Video Gaming Industry! The story on "Wired" follows in the link below.

I applaud this giant of a man whose vision created an industry we all enjoy so much. And I salute Wired for pulling this fascinating accomplishment out of the "Closet" of industry secrets.

Thank You Ted! May God bless you and R.I.P.

I will post this on all of the gaming console threads. It is a compelling story that should be recognized by all of us gamers.
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 2 Old 04-14-2011, 09:18 AM
Advanced Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Originally Posted by barrelbelly View Post

Jerry Lawson R.I.P.

Totally agree- I'd never heard of Mr. Lawson until his passing unfortunately. Like too many visionaries, his impact wasn't fully noticed during his lifetime... here's to hoping his work gets properly appreciated!

Also, your link didn't come through properly, try this one:

Sponsored Links
Reply Nintendo

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page