Mario Kart 7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 12-02-2011, 07:31 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 50
So, who's picking this up? It comes out this Sunday, and with both BB and TRU doing B2G1/B1G50% deals in the coming week, it's looking pretty attractive. I'm still not sure I want it, frankly, but if a lot of people here plan on getting it that might affect my decision, since uh, you guys are the only people I know with 3DS's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 12-02-2011, 09:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisOneKidMongo View Post

So, who's picking this up? It comes out this Sunday, and with both BB and TRU doing B2G1/B1G50% deals in the coming week, it's looking pretty attractive. I'm still not sure I want it, frankly, but if a lot of people here plan on getting it that might affect my decision, since uh, you guys are the only people I know with 3DS's.

Having just purchased Mario 3D like 2 weeks ago, I'm not entirely sure I'll be getting it right away, but I'm sure I'll be getting it eventually.

XBL/Steam: JHoff80
post #3 of 8 Old 12-02-2011, 11:08 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Yeah, I have a complete assload of games to get through right now. (And I'm not generally a "backlog" kinda guy.) These holiday sales make it hard to resist, though.
post #4 of 8 Old 12-03-2011, 06:21 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
What's in this mario 7 kart game?? It's been awhile since I played this game. I'm so excited to get a new mario game for me. I so missed it..

If you die in an elevator, be sure to push the Up button. :p

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 8 Old 12-03-2011, 12:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 201
What do you mean? It's a brand new Mario Kart. Are you asking for things like the character roster, weapons, and a track list?

http://www.mariowiki.com/Mario_Kart_7
post #6 of 8 Old 12-19-2011, 03:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 35
I posted the following in the main 3DS thread...probably shoulda gone here....

Well....out of some late evening boredom, I was a tad naughty & openend up the MK7 game we got our eldest daughter for XMAS (nice that the game can be easily sealed up as "new" without her knowledge - and it had yet to be giftwrapped).

Been a while since I played MK Wii. MK7 3D is pretty much MK Wii 2.0, which is not a bad thing. First Kart game I have played on a handheld. I like it...a lot! Digging the 3D & found online to be very smooth.

Money does not buy happiness. It can, however, buy you a giant boat that you can pull up alongside happiness. - David Lee Roth

post #7 of 8 Old 12-19-2011, 05:27 PM

Liked: 10
Yeah, I'm continuing to rave about this game. The original SMK is actually my favorite video game of all time, and IMHO this is the first one I think gives it legitimate contention. I think it strikes a much better balance than recent installments in letting good racing trump lucky items. Not saying blue shells still don't show up and royally piss me off, but I rarely fall completely out of a race because of them. The game seems to reward you a lot more for bringing your A-game on racing. I've found it even more refreshing that even generally holds in online matches too.

I'm thrilled that coins have made a comeback and think that the new track designs are outstanding. My biggest gripe thus far has been how for how great the 3D effects are, in a game like this with contant track twisting, it's easy to let your hold on the system accidentally move out of the visual sweet spot and lose 3D focus. I'm guessing that's a common issue in other fast-paced racing games as well. Funny how 25 years later I can still catch myself driving with controller instead of the buttons.

This was the game that got me to buy a 3DS before the inevitable 3DS_Lite comes out, and couldn't be happier with my purchase. Looking forward to Christmas now to try out some other 3DS offerings.
post #8 of 8 Old 12-20-2011, 06:18 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwebb1970 View Post

I posted the following in the main 3DS thread...probably shoulda gone here....

Well....out of some late evening boredom, I was a tad naughty & openend up the MK7 game we got our eldest daughter for XMAS (nice that the game can be easily sealed up as "new" without her knowledge - and it had yet to be giftwrapped).

This practiced by every parent I know, and absolutely appropriate- provided you ALSO sip scotch while you play with the present. You can't open your kids' presents for recreational use while sober. It's state law.

-vdz
Reply Nintendo

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page