Are the Mario kart Bundles officially Out of Production? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 01-19-2012, 01:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I was wondering if anyone knew for sure, not base don not seeing many of them in stores. When the New non BC NSMB Wii bundle came out, Nintendo announced they would continue to produce the Mario Kart bundles. But, as i mentioned, I have not seen many of them in stores. Anyone know if they are still being produced?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 02-23-2012, 11:00 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I agree! I used to LOVE Mario Kart back in the day. I would really love to see it out again so I can get my kids to play it on the Wii. ....well, okay, really I would love it so that I can play it on the Wii... Does anyone know the answer?
post #3 of 5 Old 02-23-2012, 10:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 200
If you just want Mario Kart Wii, it has never left store shelfs. Should be available anywhere that stocks Wii software outside of clearance chains like Big Lots that deal with leftovers that don't sell.
post #4 of 5 Old 02-24-2012, 08:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Ames View Post

If you just want Mario Kart Wii, it has never left store shelfs. Should be available anywhere that stocks Wii software outside of clearance chains like Big Lots that deal with leftovers that don't sell.

The op might be asking because those Wii's have Gamecube bc. Usually when a console gets changed this late in it's lifetime, there is also a price decrease because it's cheaper to make. Especially since bc was removed. This didn't happen with the new Wii. Purely a case of Nintendo crapping on the consumer.
post #5 of 5 Old 02-24-2012, 01:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 200
I agree, that's clearly what the original poster was talking about. I was talking about the following post.

While I think it's unfortunate they didn't drop the price to reflect a much cheaper system, I think one will be coming. I suspect they did this revision (Simpler disc drive, elimination of GCN memory card and controller ports, elimination of the vertical stand, etc.) to trim cost to clear the runway for a $99.99 Wii sometime this year. I imagine they felt like the Wii with Skyward Sword had one more good Christmas left in it at $150. And I suspect most Wii buyers of the last few months had no interest in GCN compatibility and probably were unaware it wasn't present on their console (After all, it looks very similar to the original model).

My impression of inyouratmosphere's post was that he owns a Wii, wants Mario Kart Wii, and mistakingly interpreted Phill's post to mean that it was out of production. Mario Kart Wii will be widely available new for years to come I suspect. Wouldn't be surprised to find that despite it being bundled with many Wii's last year that it's still the top selling game on the platform despite the $50 MSRP.
Reply Nintendo

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page