Receiver showing "Stereo" - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 02-21-2012, 11:26 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I am playing Monster Hunter Tri which says Dolby Pro Logic II on the back of the case.

My Wii component cable is hooked up to the DVD audio in, and the input setup assigned the DVD to the component.

When I play the game, my Denon 791 displays "Stereo" and I only hear audio from the front speakers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 02-21-2012, 02:32 PM

Liked: 10
I believe you just need to press "Surround Mode" (or the equivalent) on the Denon to select "Pro Logic II" manually ... that's what I did on my Denon 3312 (it will remember the setting on that input for next time so you only need to do it once). I believe Pro Logic II is just processing applied to a stereo signal (or maybe a stereo signal with some extra info embedded) so the receiver defaulting to stereo isn't surprising ...
post #3 of 6 Old 02-21-2012, 02:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 32
I think daidavel is right. I can't remember how mine is set up, but I think that's it.

And, "component" cable is for video, not audio. Did you actually use 2 RCA cables?

Doug
post #4 of 6 Old 02-21-2012, 05:34 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks, I will play with it. Can't do it right now. I changed the Wii sound setting from Stereo to Surround, but I guess have to figure out how to tell the receiver to covert the signal to 5.1. I looked in the menu settings to see if I could change the audio signal input, but it is on Auto detect, and surround mode is turned on.

The cable coming out of the Wii has 5 plugs - 3 for the component video, I believe, and 1 red and 1 white for the audio.

EDIT: According to Batpig's website, there is a button called "Standard" on the remote that changes the sound mode. I checked in the manual and all the pertinent information is in the section "Selecting a listening mode" on pg 26-28 on the 791 manual.
post #5 of 6 Old 02-21-2012, 06:28 PM

Liked: 93
Man, I wish this forum had a search function. Then I wouldn't have to answer this question over and over and over again.
post #6 of 6 Old 02-21-2012, 06:45 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklordjames View Post

Man, I wish this forum had a search function. Then I wouldn't have to answer this question over and over and over again.

I don't know. I never found any threads here that dealt specifically with how to change receiver output from stereo to surround if you had the cables set up the right way, let alone how to do with with a Denon.

Maybe in the future when others used the "search function," THIS is the post they will find helpful...
Reply Nintendo

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page