What was the worst WII game that you ever played? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 03-05-2012, 08:48 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Any games that you played that were the worst ever?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 03-05-2012, 11:55 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 17
martian panic.
i had a gift card and it was like $5. it wasn't worth it. It's a light gun game where you shoot little green men. It's really poorly put together - it ignores basic concepts from classic shooters like a visible reload sign and proper pacing. After the extended, pointless cutscenes, you're basically just firing nonstop. Usually these games take like 30 minutes to beat but we lasted about 10.

WiiU: moothemagiccow

PSN: moothemagiccow (duh)

post #3 of 8 Old 03-17-2012, 11:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 114
There is to many choose from on the Wii
post #4 of 8 Old 03-17-2012, 08:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 197
For games I've personally played, Mini Desktop Racing holds that position. Got a couple more games just as hated or more than that one that are still sitting in their shrinkwrap that never seemed worth bothering with even opening (Through gifts).
post #5 of 8 Old 03-19-2012, 08:54 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 32
I have to say anything geared towards kids wins by default, but ignoring all the crappy licensed games (Alvin and the Chipmunks wasn't even a video game, it was a torture simulator for kids to practice on their parents...) and mini game collections (an unfortunate Wii staple) the worst for me was probably Tenchu:Shadow Assassins. I like Tenchu as a series, and I liked the first 90 minutes or so, but once I got to the waggle & QTE's for the boss I stopped playing, they were just plain impossible. It was an early game in the Wii's life cycle, but when I hear people complain about other early games that had bad controls, like Red Steel,... Tenchu was infinitely worse.

The only game where I felt the waggle was an even bigger miss (but the game was slightly better) was Indiana Jones & the Staff of Kings. You could at least finish that game...
post #6 of 8 Old 03-19-2012, 09:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Maybe it's just from not having kids, but I kinda feel like I haven't played any truly awful Wii games. I mean, I buy selectively and read up on the games I'm interested in. If something's that bad, it isn't going to end up anywhere near my system, you know? I guess by default the "worst" Wii game I've played would be Cooking Mama, but even that was charmingly stupid.
post #7 of 8 Old 03-19-2012, 01:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 197
Some of these things aimed strictly at kids can be fun. I've gotten my 5 dollars or so out of Wii Play for instance that I paid on top of the price of what a standalone Wiimote would've cost (It's a C game if there was ever one, but there's some fun to be had in a few of the minigames like the tank one that made it worth going for the bundle).

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoozen View Post

The only game where I felt the waggle was an even bigger miss (but the game was slightly better) was Indiana Jones & the Staff of Kings. You could at least finish that game...

Bought that like many did just for the unlockable classic computer game that was included as a bonus.

I have Anubis II sitting here in the shrinkwrap. I believe that's often been considered the worst Wii game to be released. I'll check it out someday just for laughs.
post #8 of 8 Old 03-20-2012, 08:20 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Ames View Post

I have Anubis II sitting here in the shrinkwrap. I believe that's often been considered the worst Wii game to be released. I'll check it out someday just for laughs.

DUDE! You gotta do it: get a blog or twitter feed going documenting your daily teeth gnashing and hair-pulling, or better yet play it live on ustream.tv. We'll make it the first ever AVS live game event.
Reply Nintendo

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page