i was in my garage cleaning the place out today - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 10 Old 03-30-2012, 08:01 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 15
guess what i found? my old nes and about 100 games. i dont even know if the games work. what do you guys think i can get if i put the lot up on ebay?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 03-31-2012, 12:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 201
I'm sure the games still work. Cartridge games are durable. I'd be shocked if more than one of them didn't work after a good cleaning.

As for the value, you didn't provide enough information to even venture a guess. A lot depends on what games they are, the condition, and if the games are complete.

I would think on average that $2-$3 per game for loose NES games in decent shape for a big lot wouldn't be too terribly far off the mark. More if you take the time to sell things individually or in small lots. And more if you confirm that things are in operating condition rather than being untested. So I'd suggest taking a stroll down memory lane and keep some q tips and alcohol handy to get the more stubborn games going again.

Toss in manuals, boxes, and some desirable games and you'd be able to earn quite a bit more.
post #3 of 10 Old 03-31-2012, 12:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Are you sure that you don't want to keep the games ,play them, and re live the old school gaming days? 100 games might get you a lot of money. You have to find the right buyer. Maybe some of your games are rare and worth more.
post #4 of 10 Old 04-01-2012, 04:20 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 15
i may just keep them and get one of these nes clones because i remember the nes having that blue screen problem

http://www.amazon.com/Retro-Nintendo...3322146&sr=8-4
post #5 of 10 Old 04-01-2012, 09:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Your NES is easily repaired. Bending the cartridge pins back or replacing the edge connector with a new replacement would solve that issue.

Here's a tutorial on bending them back which seems to be the popular method to get them going again these days.

http://classicgaming.gamespy.com/Vie....Detail&id=256

NES clones are horrible. Build quality is extremely low, game compatibility is poor, and there isn't a single one yet that reproduces audio anywhere close to correctly.
post #6 of 10 Old 04-02-2012, 08:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 50
I doubt you'd get enough to make it worth your while to sell. Probably better to just keep it and experience some retro 8-bit goodness.

Too many systems and games....not enough time or money!

post #7 of 10 Old 04-02-2012, 05:59 PM
AVS Special Member

~100 NES games isn't going to get him just $10, $20, or even $30 dollars. Worst case scenario is he'll break $100 but not $200. But I could see him getting $200-$300 for that lot if they're not a bunch of common releases, lots of duplicates, or games in horrible shape.

Certainly an amount most people would consider worthwhile even at the bottom end of the spectrum.
post #8 of 10 Old 04-03-2012, 10:04 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 14
Keep it. Don't be one of those ppls who sell it then rebuy it on virtual console for the Wii. Erks me when people buy an emulated version of an NES game. I finally broke down and bought an original NES and games..best childhood memories money could buy

PSN:The_Wise_Guy
XBL:DirtySanWiseGuy
Steam:The_Wise_Guy
BF4 PC:The_Wise_Guy

post #9 of 10 Old 04-04-2012, 12:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 17
With 100 cartriges there is a chance you have a gem or two in there. I'd suggest going through your games and comparing to some online pricing guides for NES games and seeing if there is anything valueable.

Other then that. I think the $2-$3 per game is about right, but only if you sell them 1 by 1. Selling as a bulk, they are worth much less.

I would personally just toss the whole bundle into a garage sale at $100 or something and call it a day. NES systems are a dime a dozen these days.

PSN / Steam - KrimsonStudios
post #10 of 10 Old 04-05-2012, 12:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by krimson View Post

Other then that. I think the $2-$3 per game is about right, but only if you sell them 1 by 1. Selling as a bulk, they are worth much less.

I'm not a regular follower of NES prices. But I would think he could manage an average of $2-$3 for a big lot and more like $5 if he were to deal with the hassles of doing it individually (And assuming it's not filled to the brim with common junk that nobody wants; if he had good taste back in the day it will likely be beneficial to the resell value).

For instance, a quick check of Ebay shows an auction for 22 loose NES games. Nearly 8 hours left to go and it's at $50 after 27 bids. It's mostly very common (Many of which are fairly undesirable) NES games (Although it has Bubble Bobble, a fairly common but in demand game which is certainly helping keep people interested).

Easy to say that a lot of 100 games will have a few similar games of interest like Bubble Bobble. And who knows, there might be one or two really valuable games that would balloon the price significantly such as Menace Beach or Flintstones: The Surprise at Dinosaur Peak or the very rare and in demand Bubble Bobble II.
Reply Nintendo

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page