A 20th Anniversary Kirby compilation has been announced for the Wii - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 04-22-2012, 10:28 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 201
No news yet on the contents of the compilation, but if it has a halfway decent selection of games, here's at least one worthwhile release to look forward to later this year. Also, it has been confirmed by NOA for a North American release via their Twitter account.

And who knows, maybe they'd go the extra mile and actually go beyond just tossing some emulators and roms on a disc this time. I'd love to get colorized versions of Kirby's Dream Land and Kirby's Dream Land 2 for instance.

Hoping it at least has Kirby Super Star and Kirby's Dream Land 3. Don't own either SuperNes cartridge (Although I have the DS remake of Super Star) and don't love the series enough to pay the used price those two late releases go for these days. So I've planned to download them off the Virtual Console someday when I'm bored.

If I can get both games and maybe a few more on a actual disc, that will please me just fine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 04-22-2012, 04:56 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Ames View Post

No news yet on the contents of the compilation, but if it has a halfway decent selection of games, here's at least one worthwhile release to look forward to later this year. Also, it has been confirmed by NOA for a North American release via their Twitter account.

And who knows, maybe they'd go the extra mile and actually go beyond just tossing some emulators and roms on a disc this time. I'd love to get colorized versions of Kirby's Dream Land and Kirby's Dream Land 2 for instance.

Hoping it at least has Kirby Super Star and Kirby's Dream Land 3. Don't own either SuperNes cartridge (Although I have the DS remake of Super Star) and don't love the series enough to pay the used price those two late releases go for these days. So I've planned to download them off the Virtual Console someday when I'm bored.

If I can get both games and maybe a few more on a actual disc, that will please me just fine.

I have a couple Kirby titles, but I've never been a huge fan of the series. I'd love to think this could be a great retrospective for casual Kirby players like myself, but sadly, knowing Ninty as we all do... This will be exactly what you mentioned: roms with a new interface, and yet somehow will be able to print cash money hand over fist.

Especially if they slap 'limited' on there...
post #3 of 5 Old 06-24-2012, 09:24 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 201
Game list is confirmed.

-Kirby's Adventure (NES)
-Kirby's Dreamland (Game Boy)
-Kirby's Dreamland 2 (Game Boy)
-Kirby's Dreamland 3 (SuperNes)
-Kirby Superstar (SuperNes)
-Kirby 64 (N64)

Also has an on-disc history section.

Looks far more like what people expected them to do with Mario and Zelda the past couple of years. Has all classic era Kirby platformers. It's just lacking platformers from the past decade (The majority of which were full fledged retail Wii releases and clearly were never under consideration here) and various spinoffs from the past 20 years.

Looking forward to playing the three Dreamland games. I've never tried any of them.

Looks like this, Pikmin 2, and an import copy from the UK for the Fatal Frame 2 remake will be my last new Wii releases barring some surprises (I still hope NOA will surprise everyone by bundling Fatal Frame IV and the remake of FF2 together).
post #4 of 5 Old 06-26-2012, 01:41 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 32
I just peed myself a little when I saw thebox art:

Worth a buy for that alone
post #5 of 5 Old 08-24-2012, 07:18 AM
Advanced Member