Wii - lines darting across screen when loud sounds play - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 04-27-2012, 04:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a very peculiar issue with my Wii.

I have just bought an official power adaptor and a composite cable (third party but gold plated).

When I am playing Skyward Sword the picture is fine except for when a loud sound is play through the game. For example, if I swing the sword and kill an enemy loads of horizontal lines will dart across the screen in time with the sound and then disappear as soon as it goes away. Similarly if there is a dramatic scene or event that happens that creates a lot of noise these lines will occur again. I have no idea what is causing this. The lines are soft horizontal lines that are fuzzy and distort the picture. It only happens with sound. I have tried muting/removing the sound cables but that makes no difference.

I am stumped as to what the issue is. My TV doesn't have this issue with anything else.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 04-30-2012, 07:01 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by kachopra View Post

I have a very peculiar issue with my Wii.

I have just bought an official power adaptor and a composite cable (third party but gold plated).

When I am playing Skyward Sword the picture is fine except for when a loud sound is play through the game. For example, if I swing the sword and kill an enemy loads of horizontal lines will dart across the screen in time with the sound and then disappear as soon as it goes away. Similarly if there is a dramatic scene or event that happens that creates a lot of noise these lines will occur again. I have no idea what is causing this. The lines are soft horizontal lines that are fuzzy and distort the picture. It only happens with sound. I have tried muting/removing the sound cables but that makes no difference.

I am stumped as to what the issue is. My TV doesn't have this issue with anything else.

Have you tired playing through the same events with the factory cable? I suspect it's an improper shielding thing and the new cable is causing the interference. Switching back to the OEM cable is the quickest and easiest way to confirm the cable is your culprit. You said the new cable is composite, did you mean component? If not, I'd also recommend a component cable, they're dirt cheap nowadays (click the monoprice banner here and search for product 5689).

If not, I think the only alternative is buying a 145" UHD TV to replace your current set. The kids don't really need to go to college anyway, amirite?

Reply Nintendo

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page