Rayman Legends - Wii U Trailer - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 14 Old 04-27-2012, 05:49 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 61
The graphics looked good, but also simple I suppose. It shows some Wii U specific features and local multiplayer with the tablet plus wiimotes. I'm not sure what was going on with the figurines being put on the tablet at the end.

Link
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 04-27-2012, 08:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monger View Post

I'm not sure what was going on with the figurines being put on the tablet at the end.

yeah... That seemed to be hinting at something specific - like an unannounced feature of the new controller.

Something like Skylanders maybe?

Console gamers curious/interested in PC gaming? Click here.
post #3 of 14 Old 04-27-2012, 09:45 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaverJ View Post

yeah... That seemed to be hinting at something specific - like an unannounced feature of the new controller.
!

Yeah. I should have added it was a leaked video. Im guessing it wasn't supposed to be shown until e3 if at all.
post #4 of 14 Old 04-28-2012, 08:32 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaverJ View Post

It was NFC (Near Field Communication) and I'm pretty sure that it has been previously announced. Not sure how useful it will be though. I guess we'll find out more at E3.
post #5 of 14 Old 04-28-2012, 10:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 557
Quote:

Yeah. I should have added it was a leaked video. Im guessing it wasn't supposed to be shown until e3 if at all.

From what I have gathered it was that it was an internal video not meant to be seen by the public.

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
Include your AVS username in the friend request.
post #6 of 14 Old 04-29-2012, 01:23 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PENDRAG0ON View Post

From what I have gathered it was that it was an internal video not meant to be seen by the public.

That's a quality production for an internal video. I'm impressed. It felt like a commercial.
post #7 of 14 Old 04-29-2012, 02:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 201
Quote:

That's a quality production for an internal video. I'm impressed. It felt like a commercial.

Haven't bothered watching it yet, but from what I've read it apparantly shows the WiiU tablet controller as being wired.

That's just the case with the development systems and isn't indicative of what consumers will be using when Fall rolls around, which supports it being an internal video not meant for the public. They certainly wouldn't want to mislead consumers into thinking the controllers won't be wireless.
post #8 of 14 Old 04-29-2012, 05:54 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Ames View Post

Haven't bothered watching it yet, but from what I've read it apparantly shows the WiiU tablet controller as being wired.

That's just the case with the development systems and isn't indicative of what consumers will be using when Fall rolls around, which supports it being an internal video not meant for the public. They certainly wouldn't want to mislead consumers into thinking the controllers won't be wireless.

I think you're reading more into my post than what was there.

It was well done and with the people interacting it felt like a commercial. Also, it's not very long...
post #9 of 14 Old 04-30-2012, 07:27 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 32
The NFC stuff holds no interest for me whatsoever... but it's cool to see it in use.

It's a ploy (and a clever one) to sell more gaming related 'stuff' when all the content is already sitting on the disc. Honestly I think things like this and pay DLC are part of the reason pirates are so prevalent, look at what the 360 went through with SF v Tekken...
post #10 of 14 Old 05-03-2012, 01:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Just watched the video. Don't think this one is for me. Looks like more of what they just released a while back, which didn't feel much like a traditional Rayman title to me. The production values look excellent though just like Rayman Origins was.

Quote:

I think you're reading more into my post than what was there.

You speculated it might've been intended for E3. That's all I was replying to. I think the fact that the controllers are connected via wires is enough to conclude this was never meant for us to see.
post #11 of 14 Old 05-03-2012, 05:44 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Ames View Post

Just watched the video. Don't think this one is for me. Looks like more of what they just released a while back, which didn't feel much like a traditional Rayman title to me. The production values look excellent though just like Rayman Origins was.

You speculated it might've been intended for E3. That's all I was replying to. I think the fact that the controllers are connected via wires is enough to conclude this was never meant for us to see.

The game doesn't look like something I'd be into but seeing her controlling the platform made me think it would be pretty cool that if instead of trying to help the other players you were setting up obstacles and trying to get them killed.
post #12 of 14 Old 05-03-2012, 08:38 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 17
Every time someone puts out something that's praised as a "great platformer" I'm bored with it. I tried the demo for rayman origins and mutant mudds and there really wasn't any motivation for me to hold down the right button.

WiiU: moothemagiccow

PSN: moothemagiccow (duh)

post #13 of 14 Old 05-04-2012, 01:45 PM
AVS Special Member

I didn't find the gameplay terribly pleasing either. And I absolutely hate the character designs of the game. It all felt very un-Raymanish to me and this Wii U game looks set to follow in the footsteps of Origins (I loved the earlier entries in the series before it lost its footing with the Wii with minigame collections).

It's ashame since it's evident a ton of TLC went into Origins. One of the most beautiful 2D games of all-time (Outside of the character designs which look like a cheap flash cartoon) and I'm quite saddened to say that it just wasn't for me despite loving 2D gaming. I'm glad a lot of people enjoyed it though since the high amount of polish the game has deserves recognition and it betters our chances of getting other high quality 2D projects down the road if people buy and enjoy games like this.
post #14 of 14 Old 05-16-2012, 09:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by moothemagiccow View Post

Every time someone puts out something that's praised as a "great platformer" I'm bored with it. I tried the demo for rayman origins and mutant mudds and there really wasn't any motivation for me to hold down the right button.

I tried Rayman Origins on the 360, and just didn't enjoy the game at all for some reason. I have tried the demo on my PS Vita, and the game seems like a dream on the Vita. Graphics are absolutely spectacular on that OLED screen.
Reply Nintendo

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page