Game Cube, no picture signal - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 07-08-2012, 01:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just purchased a game cube got it home and plugged it all in, firstly the power works it starts on, the disc spins and I can hear the fan, so then i proceeded to plug in the supplied picture cable (scart) so i plugged one end into the game cube (analoge output) and then into the back of my tv (using scart, has red white yellow on the scart lead as option) and then i turned the game off and on, it changed to the correct channel automatically but then 'No Signal' appeared.

Is the game cube broke? is it a common error? do i need a new cable?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-08-2012, 09:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 199
Not familiar with SCART cables. My thought would be trying a different cable. If you're a Nintendo fan, surely you have another compatible cable you could try since any SuperNes and N64 cable will work. Also try something else with a SCART cable to that input to make sure there's not something wrong at that end.

I can't help but wonder if plugging it in while the system was powered on caused some damage. Never heard of someone plugging in a video cable while the power was turned on and it wouldn't shock me if I opened up my GCN instruction book to see a precaution against doing just that.
Reply Nintendo

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page