Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

post #31 of 42 Old 12-31-2012, 01:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 93
"I got the Denon 1713, plugged it in, ran through the setup, and wow, what a huge difference."

MultEQ is pretty rad, huh? smile.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 42 Old 12-31-2012, 08:11 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by darklordjames View Post

"I got the Denon 1713, plugged it in, ran through the setup, and wow, what a huge difference."
MultEQ is pretty rad, huh? smile.gif

Yes it is; the difference is night and day. I didn't spend a lot of $$$ on my home theater, but I've long felt it should sound better than it has. I never could fix it on my old receiver though.
post #33 of 42 Old 01-06-2013, 10:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 148
If anybody is looking to buy a Wii U, my advice is to check your local Craigslist. Where I live, I can buy a brand new, factory sealed basic for $220. I've seen brand new factory sealed deluxe versions for about $260. When you consider the fact that you're not paying any tax, it's pretty tempting...
post #34 of 42 Old 01-08-2013, 04:31 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schloob1 View Post

I'll be curious to actually see how long this thing lasts before it gets a price drop. I would say since it has been out I've been to TRU/BB/Target at least once a week and I've seen at least seen the basic version and just yesterday the deluxe version whenever I've been at the store. For being this close to Xmas these are not flying off the shelves. I could definitely see a price drop or sweet bundle be made around the time say Xbox720 or PS4 come out if the rumors of 2013 holiday season are true. If it was the Wii that would not have happened since I was never able to see those in the stores this soon after the launch with relative ease like I see with the WiiU.
the wii u has outsold the ps3 and 360 at launch. over 2 million sold in 5 weeks. that's huge. ps3 sold only 500000. the reason you see so many? Nintendo wasnt going to let a shortage happen.
post #35 of 42 Old 01-10-2013, 04:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 148
460K sold in December. OUCH.
post #36 of 42 Old 01-10-2013, 05:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1 View Post

460K sold in December. OUCH.

Based on what I found online, PS3 in Dec of its launch year was about the same number. Anything less than whacked out Wii sales numbers are gonna seem like a failure on paper. I'm betting Wii U & Ninty will be just fine, Debby Downer.

Money does not buy happiness. It can, however, buy you a giant boat that you can pull up alongside happiness. - David Lee Roth

post #37 of 42 Old 01-10-2013, 05:16 PM

Oh noes! Nintendo only sold $150,000,000 worth of their new console in a month!!!1 Better start writing out Reggie's welfare check right now, right? Oh man, and every one of those was profitable upon the first sale of software, instead of at a $300 loss like the PS3 was, or the ~$100 loss of the launch 360. O' woe is Nintendo...

To be clear, the Wii U is still a mess in terms of it's OS, but it is selling just fine regardless of how hard Anthony wants us to believe otherwise. Can anyone else here figure out why he is pushing this false narrative of the Wii U's failure so hard? 'Cuz I sure as hell can't.
post #38 of 42 Old 01-10-2013, 06:35 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 14
I saw a Wii U in every store I went to in Dec., based on that alone I don't think it was a success. You can post sales numbers till the cows come home, but when it's sitting on the shelf right before my eyes, well there you go. Just my two cents.
post #39 of 42 Old 01-10-2013, 06:56 PM

Just so we are all on the same page here: Every iteration of the iPad is not a success. Why? Because I can walk in to any store I choose in the first month of availability and they are sitting there ready for me to purchase.

That is what you just said, right Amber? The iPad. A smash hit by every metric except for Amber Ale's Gut-Mark 2012.

Yes, both Nintendo and Apple have made the dire mistake of managing their supply channel well enough to meet demand upon launching a new product. Ooooh.
post #40 of 42 Old 01-10-2013, 07:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 201
Even if the launch was slow and I think that's far from a fact, I would think people would've learned from the 3DS.

That seemed to get off to a slow start. Heck, it probably got off to a slow year. Yet things are ramping up, sales are increasing, publisher support is on the rise, and the library is quickly growing with worthwhile software that has the interest of consumer's.

Not sure why people insist on being a Doubting Thomas here (Or for that matter, even giving the sales performance during the first few days of its life a look at all). Even if the launch was less than perfect, it's still just the console's launch. It's all but meaningless for the future. What matter's is what happens down the road, not the sales numbers during the opening 6 weeks or whatever of sales.

Come back a year or two from now if you want to discuss how things are shaping up. It's far too early one way or another to gauge how successful this will be (It's certainly not going to be a failure).
post #41 of 42 Old 01-10-2013, 08:15 PM

Liked: 10
I'm going to have to agree with dlj on this one. Just because Nintendo was smart enough to have ample production to supply the demand for the wiiu doesn't mean it was a terrible debut, it just isn't the original Wii, which was ridiculous.
post #42 of 42 Old 01-10-2013, 08:20 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Going to shut this down as it's turning into a 'he said, she said' discussion. The sales figures are out there. Nuff said.

"Good... Bad... I'm the guy with the gun."

Ash - Army of Darkness
Closed Thread Nintendo

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page