Forum Jump: 
 9Likes

post #811 of 1323 Old 09-16-2013, 09:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 198
Since it's two games in retail form, I imagine digital is a very safe bet especially in the wake of the Wind Waker HD bundle.

It would be nice if they were both on the same disc with a Wii U game case or at least NSMBU was on physical disc. But I imagine Wind Waker HD signifies their future intentions with pack-in games.

If a special Zelda bundle that has the attention of collector's and Zelda enthusiast is digital, it sure doesn't bode well for the more normal everyday bundles.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #812 of 1323 Old 09-16-2013, 09:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 551
I expect all pack in games to be digital going forward, for all next gen consoles.

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
Include your AVS username in the friend request.
post #813 of 1323 Old 09-17-2013, 01:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Yeah I guess I asked that question already knowing the answer. Sigh, not liking this digital push.... i really don't want my gaming collection to become intangible 1's and 0's.....
Leo_Ames likes this.

Too many systems and games....not enough time or money!

post #814 of 1323 Old 09-17-2013, 06:00 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 32
I don't mind digital as much as the seemingly antiquated choice of pack ins... Zelda has some nostalgia going for it and a shiny HD coat of paint, NSMB isn't really new at this point, and packing in 2 very similar games wouldn't have been my first choice if I were trying to drum up support for my flagging console, especially with SM3DW launching at nearly the same time.

Maybe the next bundle... Actually, I'm almost certain a Mario Kart Bundle will hit by Christmas, or maybe early Q1 2014 when their sales typically start to slow down.
post #815 of 1323 Old 09-17-2013, 06:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Luigi U is a limited physical 2013 release, right? That will have some value down the line, so I guess I'm in for Zelda bundle( though I'd prefer a physical copy of Windwaker as well), as I just recently purchased Luigi as I don't anticipate it dropping in price( is $29.99 to start with) and I expect its value to rise starting next year once Nintendo stops producing it.

NSMB isn't a new concept at this point, but I would imagine it's still on the radar for many current and future Wii U owners. It's still one of the higher profile titles on the system. The good thing is that Nintendo is providing a choice. What's going on with the Zombie U bundle anyway, is that still available? I would imagine that will be $299 as well and depending on what you're looking for, may be the best deal considering you get a physical copy of Zombie U, digital Nintendoland, and a pro controller thrown in.
Leo_Ames likes this.

post #816 of 1323 Old 09-18-2013, 10:25 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 17
So on November 1, Wii Fit U will have a free month's trial for balance board owners, then a $20 upgrade w/ the fit meter
and there's an HD Wii Sports coming with online play

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/09/18/wii-fit-u-makes-it-easy-for-existing-wii-fit-users-to-upgrade/
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/09/18/wii-sports-headed-to-wii-u-eshop-with-hd-online-multiplayer/

WiiU: moothemagiccow

PSN: moothemagiccow (duh)

post #817 of 1323 Old 09-18-2013, 11:50 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by moothemagiccow View Post

So on November 1, Wii Fit U will have a free month's trial for balance board owners, then a $20 upgrade w/ the fit meter

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/09/18/wii-fit-u-makes-it-easy-for-existing-wii-fit-users-to-upgrade/
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/09/18/wii-sports-headed-to-wii-u-eshop-with-hd-online-multiplayer/

Cool- they're not charging an insane amount for what's essentially an add on pack. That's a fine approach Nintendo, glad you did that. How will the Wii U Sports work?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendo 
You’ll be able to download any of the five games for free on a 24-hour trial, and after that you’ll have the option of picking up either a $1.99 Day Pass or a $9.99 full purchase.

So $10-$50 for the ability to play up-res'd Wii Golf and bowling online? Pass. It's way better as a local multiplayer game.
post #818 of 1323 Old 09-18-2013, 01:31 PM
Advanced Member

I figure motion+, HD and online are a good enough sell for me.

It's a jump from the 0-$20 price of the original, but I like the pricing tiers. I always liked tennis best, and I'd never buy golf, for example.

The Day pass is $2 for the complete game (as complete as it will be on release). Curious to see if people buy into that option.

post #819 of 1323 Old 09-18-2013, 03:25 PM
AVS Special Member

For those of us that appreciate retail releases and actually owning our games, DuckTales Remastered is getting a disc release on all three consoles in a few weeks. smile.gif
Quote:

HD Wii Sports coming with online play

If it has to be digital, I like that the Wii Sports minigames are divided up. But I think $10 is way too high for remakes of a Wii launch title from 2006 that was the console's pack-in. We got 12 sports for $50 on Wii Sports Resort a few years ago. $5 a sport would be much more like it.

Tennis was fun enough but too simple to play much I thought and isn't worth rebuying at $10, baseball was a joke with a certain type of pitch that was virtually unable to be returned, and boxing just wasn't any fun.

And unless there's a new Motion Plus nunchuck I don't know about, your left is going to probably still be as unresponsive in boxing as it was back in 2006.

I liked bowling well enough and I really enjoyed golf so I'd probably be in for at least golf.
post #820 of 1323 Old 09-18-2013, 08:14 PM
Advanced Member

I figure when they actually finish the game they'll put out a retail version.

post #821 of 1323 Old 09-18-2013, 09:02 PM
AVS Special Member

I don't think they will. Not when it mandates controllers that don't come with the system.

If a single Wiimote was all that was needed, I could see it being packed with a Wiimote in the future at retail. But boxing of course ruins that since it requires a nunchuck (Or here, hopefully two Motion Plus Wiimotes can be utilized for the best possible motion control).

I hope I'm wrong since that presents an issue for further HD updates that I'd like to see like Skyward Sword HD. But I have a feeling that at retail, motion will be relegated to an optional controller method (As seen in Pikmin 3) or one that can be utilized to fill out a multiplayer roster (Such as Nintendoland). It will never be one that is actually necessary just for the basic single player experience of a retail game in my opinion.

I don't think it has to be that way. Just make the requirement very clear on the front artwork and with the information that they provide to retailers for their product listings. Or even create a Motion line of software for the Wii U where the branding on the case makes it quite evident to the user. They could even have such games utilize white cases to make the Wii controller connection that much more obvious.

But somehow I don't think they will.
post #822 of 1323 Old 09-18-2013, 10:40 PM
AVS Special Member

@ Leo Ames, definitely in for Ducktales remastered in physical form!

As for wii sports HD, think they're a little overpriced at $10 a pop, $5 each and I may have bought bowling, baseball, tennis. At current asking prices I may just stick with the original wii disk. It seems like the kind of game that lends itself better to local multiplayer anyway, though bowling online sounds like serious fun.
Leo_Ames likes this.

post #823 of 1323 Old 09-19-2013, 08:38 AM
AVS Special Member

A moment of silence please.

Hiroshi Yamauchi passed away.

http://kotaku.com/longtime-nintendo-president-dies-aged-85-1347380487

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
post #824 of 1323 Old 09-19-2013, 11:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by PENDRAG0ON View Post

A moment of silence please.

Hiroshi Yamauchi passed away.

http://kotaku.com/longtime-nintendo-president-dies-aged-85-1347380487

It's hard to get a good picture of him, but NintenDomaine had one, sort of.

Maybe I should have written a picture of him looking good.

What I can afford, when I can afford it...
post #825 of 1323 Old 09-19-2013, 01:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Quote:

Well, talk about taking your sweet time to deliver! I didn't think this was ever going to come out.

I'm very cool with the approach being taken here, as it's likely to drive some additional Wii U adoption from Wii Fit users.

Of course, I already got the Wii U during the Target basic set clearance, but it is sitting unused most of the time while I go my plodding way with the Wii for Wii Fit plus , Wii Sports Resort, and Wii Sports. The main reason I grabbed the Wii U when it was being discounted was in anticipation of Wii Fit U, so if I'm willing to buy in anticipation I think others will overcome their upgrade resistance when Wii Fit U finally comes out.

What I can afford, when I can afford it...
post #826 of 1323 Old 09-22-2013, 11:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Ok......somebody around here must have grabbed Zelda off the eshop. Any comments, or are you guys so busy playing that you can't even keep your fellow Nintendo AVS brethren in the loop. biggrin.gif

post #827 of 1323 Old 09-22-2013, 12:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Go look up Gamexplain on Youtube, they have a ton of Wind Waker content. (They got a review copy)

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
post #828 of 1323 Old 09-23-2013, 08:33 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonyeuw View Post

Ok......somebody around here must have grabbed Zelda off the eshop. Any comments, or are you guys so busy playing that you can't even keep your fellow Nintendo AVS brethren in the loop.

they can't post until their eyes un-dilate from all the bloom biggrin.gif

On a related topic, Dolphin 4.0 released last week... and WW screenshots are amazing.

Dolphin (HD texture pack + SweetFX)

Wii U HD:

I still wish Wii U was essentially "Dolphin: the console". I'm not kidding, despite all my harsh words for the console, I'd have been in line at midnight day 1 to buy a console that played new Nintendo games and was Wii BC up-resing. I realize WW is CG so that had to be re-released or emulated, but imagine SMG! Prime Trilogy! Kirby's Epic Yarn! DKCR! Imagine the HD dollar bills gamers would have thrown at Nintendo for that kind of BC.

[/daydream]

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
don't google Metroid Prime. You'll cry. Human eyes aren't ready for pure, uncut awesome.
post #829 of 1323 Old 09-23-2013, 09:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonyeuw View Post

Ok......somebody around here must have grabbed Zelda off the eshop. Any comments, or are you guys so busy playing that you can't even keep your fellow Nintendo AVS brethren in the loop. biggrin.gif

Wired had a very favorable review:
http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2013/09/wind-waker-hd-wii-u/
post #830 of 1323 Old 09-23-2013, 09:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 180
Question for Pro Controller owners (I still don't have one): Is it possible to use a Pro controller with a PC using the USB cable or is that a charging cable only?
post #831 of 1323 Old 09-23-2013, 11:58 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osirus23 View Post

Question for Pro Controller owners (I still don't have one): Is it possible to use a Pro controller with a PC using the USB cable or is that a charging cable only?
I tried in Win8 and couldn't get it to recognize. I'm assuming it is similar to the 360 controller cable that is charge only.
Osirus23 likes this.
post #832 of 1323 Old 09-23-2013, 12:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 180
Thanks
post #833 of 1323 Old 09-23-2013, 06:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 61
Target is running a buy 2 get 1 free deal on Wii U software until the 28th.

I picked up W101, Rayman and Luigi U today. I can't wait to play W101, but I probably won't get a chance until the weekend.
post #834 of 1323 Old 09-24-2013, 07:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoozen View Post

they can't post until their eyes un-dilate from all the bloom biggrin.gif

On a related topic, Dolphin 4.0 released last week... and WW screenshots are amazing.

Dolphin (HD texture pack + SweetFX)

Wii U HD:

I still wish Wii U was essentially "Dolphin: the console". I'm not kidding, despite all my harsh words for the console, I'd have been in line at midnight day 1 to buy a console that played new Nintendo games and was Wii BC up-resing. I realize WW is CG so that had to be re-released or emulated, but imagine SMG! Prime Trilogy! Kirby's Epic Yarn! DKCR! Imagine the HD dollar bills gamers would have thrown at Nintendo for that kind of BC.

[/daydream]

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
don't google Metroid Prime. You'll cry. Human eyes aren't ready for pure, uncut awesome.

Wow, I am stunned. That Dolphin screenshot is amazing.

The new HD version of WW is incredible but as noted in many reviews they did over use bloom. It is pretty evident when comparing the screenshots. Although I doubt it would bother me when playing the game if I am not looking at the non bloom Dolphin version.

The Dolphin just may be what I need to play GC and Wii games on my projector with a larger screen. However, it does look like it takes some trouble to set up. I might have to look into it in a month or two when the room is finished.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Oh, and I did watch a trailer for the Dolphin Metroid Prime (one of my favorite games) and it does look good for such an old game.
post #835 of 1323 Old 09-24-2013, 07:42 PM
Advanced Member

I think they both look kinda crappy

post #836 of 1323 Old 09-24-2013, 08:31 PM
AVS Special Member

At least they toned the bloom lighting down a bit compared to what they first showed off.
post #837 of 1323 Old 09-25-2013, 07:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 42
I like them both. I suppose if you did not like it 10 years ago then you would not like it now either. But, I was a fan from the start. Yes, it broke from tradition but it worked. I was instantly sucked into that world. I have WW HD pre ordered and I can't wait to play the game on my new set up to be completed in a month or two (9' wide 2.35 screen so will be a smaller 1.78 image at 9.5' viewing distance). This HD remake is just what I needed for the larger screen size. I hope they do the same treatment to many other GC and Wii classics. Nintendo seems to love to do this sort of thing so I would not be surprised to see many more. Bring on Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword!
post #838 of 1323 Old 09-25-2013, 08:09 AM
Advanced Member

I think the old game looks fine and it's a weird choice for a remake.

post #839 of 1323 Old 09-25-2013, 09:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimastergrant View Post

Wow, I am stunned. That Dolphin screenshot is amazing.

The new HD version of WW is incredible but as noted in many reviews they did over use bloom. It is pretty evident when comparing the screenshots. Although I doubt it would bother me when playing the game if I am not looking at the non bloom Dolphin version.

The Dolphin just may be what I need to play GC and Wii games on my projector with a larger screen. However, it does look like it takes some trouble to set up. I might have to look into it in a month or two when the room is finished.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Oh, and I did watch a trailer for the Dolphin Metroid Prime (one of my favorite games) and it does look good for such an old game.

It's worth the 15 minutes. It's really not hard to set up. It can be a pain at times, but being able to play games like Galaxy and DKCR crystal clear on the big screen is worth it. The screenshots don't do it justice.
post #840 of 1323 Old 09-25-2013, 10:55 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monger View Post

It's worth the 15 minutes. It's really not hard to set up. It can be a pain at times, but being able to play games like Galaxy and DKCR crystal clear on the big screen is worth it. The screenshots don't do it justice.

Skyward Sword needs a mention, it looks even more like a watercolor painting at 1080p. One dude's playing through it on Dolphin 4.0 now, blogging screenshots as he goes. Dolphin is rendering the game at 3x native resolution (1920x1584), 4xSSAA, and 16x Anisotropic filtering.

TeflonSoul likes this.
Reply Nintendo

Tags
The Legend Of Zelda The Wind Waker Hd , Nintendo Wii U Game Console 32 Gb Flash , Wii U

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page