post #1351 of 1365 Old 09-19-2014, 06:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 767
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Ames View Post
WalMart Canada is having a good sale. Wind Waker HD for $20 and Super Mario 3D World for $30.

3D World is so bad ass.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Steam: Guts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1352 of 1365 Old 09-21-2014, 04:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 204
So where are these DS downloads for the Wii U Virtual Console? I wonder why they felt compelled to announce such a thing 9 months in advance and counting, yet here we are with just Brain Training available in Japan and Europe and not even that for North America.

Their Virtual Console frustrates me. I can tolerate things like the pricing (Although I bet they'd rake in more than enough revenue from additional sales to come out on top if they'd slash their prices in half... these price points are just high enough where they're not impulse buys.), the slow pace for their releases, and the often barebones nature of their efforts (Like the lack of manual scans for NES & SNES downloads).

I can even turn a blind eye towards their anti consumer lock to the hardware that bought it DRM policy and the lack of 3DS/Wii U cross-buying.

But content wise, I just don't get it. Where are things like...

-Nintendo 64 downloads, promised even before the Wii U launched.
-Game Boy and Game Boy Color games (The two Kirby Game Boy games were just fine on Kirby's Dream Collection for the Wii).
-An arcade section stocked with releases like Donkey Kong, Mario Brothers, and Vs. Super Mario Brothers, not to mention 3rd party releases.
-Why are superior versions not made available like their edited Donkey Kong release for the NES in place of the original Famicom effort or the 1993 Mario Bros. conversion for the NES in Europe?
-Where are the Super FX SuperNes downloads (Super FX patents are now public domain, so the old excuse from 2006 that they don't own that chip design doesn't fly.).
-NES Zapper games using the Wii remote and with a Sega style calibration setup (Like in House of the Dead II/III for the Wii) to allow an off-screen cross-hair to be disabled.
-Nintendo imports (A translated release of Marvelous for the Super Famicom or the Jap exclusive F-Zero for the GBA), prototypes (Star Fox 2), Satelliteview conversions of stuff like the exclusive Zelda content, etc.

And that's just for Nintendo's own lineup and ignores such things as the glaring absence of Sega support.
JoshuaL, TeflonSoul and gamermwm like this.

Last edited by Leo_Ames; 09-21-2014 at 05:00 PM.
post #1353 of 1365 Old 09-22-2014, 03:37 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello guys, I have a question for you savvys

I recently puchased a Wii U and hooked it up to a Harman Kardon AVR 1565, but I think it only supports multichannel (5.1) LPCM at 16 bit. Whenever I set the configuration in my Wii U (which I assume it operates at a greater resolution than 16 bit) to surround or in Windows audio configuration at more than 16 bit regardless the sample rate, the receiver automatically switches to stereo mode, and when I go back to 16 bit, it switches to multichannel instantly. I tried with 3 different HDMI cables and with all available inputs.

Do you think my Wii U is faulty or perhaps the Receiver?

I would greatly appreciate your insight on this two models
post #1354 of 1365 Old 09-26-2014, 05:31 PM
AVS Special Member

The repair process with Nintendo isn't too elegant.

First, there's no actual way to do it online despite claims to the contrary on their poorly setup support page. You have to call them in person, a process that went just fine but hardly should've been necessary.

My second hint was what they emailed me the same day I setup my repair. The email with instructions was fine as was the email with the UPS shipping label. But also sent was a customer satisfaction survey that I started to fill out, before reaching questions that can't be answered until the entire deal is returned to me and tested. Sending it now was fine, but why waste my time by not specifying not to fill it out until everything is finished?

It went out on Thursday the 11th, and arrived Friday morning on the 12th. Their claim is that it could take up to two days for delivery to be reflected in my online status. Yet it wasn't shown as delivered until Wednesday, the 17th. Not even two business days, which Nintendo didn't specify. And while delivery was noted in the email title (And confirmed at their status page), the email update I received was blank.

Now, it's the 26th and I've been emailed again that they've now received my system (This time, without the actual email being blank when opened). Yet they claim on their site that it should be returned in about one and a half to two weeks after being received from UPS.

Yet it arrived two weeks ago, barely 12 hours after being mailed out. And they're still just acknowledging its arrival, for a second time...

Last edited by Leo_Ames; 09-27-2014 at 12:28 AM.
post #1355 of 1365 Old 09-26-2014, 09:34 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 26
wow i would think they would be more efficient...
post #1356 of 1365 Old 09-28-2014, 07:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Has no one played Hyrule Warriors yet? There's a fairly positive review at Wired.
post #1357 of 1365 Old 09-28-2014, 10:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 767
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougotte View Post
Has no one played Hyrule Warriors yet? There's a fairly positive review at Wired.
It's getting great word of mouth all over. I think it's what the ancients called "fun."

Steam: Guts
post #1358 of 1365 Old 09-28-2014, 01:18 PM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:

I want to pick that up along with some other games on the PS4. I just don't have a lot of time for games, kind of sucks because so many good titles are coming out one after another.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PSN ID: javant86

post #1359 of 1365 Old 09-28-2014, 07:02 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
I bought it friday. I was a bit hesitant at first since I've never really played a Warriors game before (I played a demo of one on the Xbox 360 a long time ago) but it's pretty fun despite being repetitive. The variety of characters mixes it up a bit. I'm not really far so I don't know if it'll bore me in the long run and I haven't checked out co-op mode yet. The graphics are very nice. It has surround sound but it's sound field sounds odd but not really a big deal too much. The "talking" except for the narrator is just undecipherable noises which bugs me, plus the characters "talk" during a battle which has on screen text to tell you of objectives and which makes it hard to read in the middle of combat. That's my biggest annoyance since I'll be capturing a point and a character complains about something happening across the map and you might lose the level since you're trying to take care of enemies right in front of you. Gotta adapt to ignoring entire legions to get across the map and help out.

(Mitsubishi, MartinLogan, Marantz, DIYMA, and others)

post #1360 of 1365 Old 09-28-2014, 08:56 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 26
any one see the new Wii U bundle yet? Super Mario 3D World and Nintendo land...
post #1361 of 1365 Old 09-29-2014, 01:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
I hate to be that guy, but I kind of lost interest after confirming the totally unsurprising lack of online multiplayer. There's just no reason for that. Even other Dynasty Warrior games on Wii U had online co-op. Repetitive (or even bad) gameplay is always much less of an issue if there's online co-op. As it is, I'll happily just wait and see if this is the rare Nintendo game that drops to around $20-30.
post #1362 of 1365 Old Yesterday, 05:19 PM
AVS Special Member

They emailed me today (Twice with the same message) telling me that my repaired Wii U has been shipped and urging me to check my status if I want to track its progress.

Yet when I enter my repair number and zip code, only the old inbound UPS tracking information is available.

Not sure I like that.

Edit: My support ticket went ignored, but the outbound tracking data appeared on their status page.

The only problem is that UPS had delivered it already earlier this morning before they did that...

Last edited by Leo_Ames; Today at 07:59 AM.
post #1363 of 1365 Old Today, 09:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Thanks for the Hyrule responses. I guess I'll get it one day, but I'm not too excited yet. The only Wii U game I'm playing now is Lego Movie, and I'm having a hard time getting excited about it, too. It's not as engaging as Undercover, IMO.
post #1364 of 1365 Old Today, 03:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Japanese gamers now have Fatal Frame 5. Looks like North America is again out of luck.

I wish Sony had partnered up with Tecmo instead of Nintendo.
post #1365 of 1365 Old Today, 04:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 41
http://wiiudaily.com/2014/09/new-wii...e-to-download/

New Firmware Update -- folders!!

Quote:
Version 5.2.0 U:

Released September 29th, 2014

Changes to the Wii U Menu:

Folders can now be created in the Wii U Menu to hold and organize software icons
A Download Management icon has been added to the Wii U Menu

Changes to Quick Start Menu:

The Quick Start Menu will now display when the Wii U is powered on from the Wii U GamePad TV Remote
Options have been added to Power Settings that allow users to hide certain software from the Quick Start Menu

Changes to the HOME Menu:

The design and layout of the HOME Menu has been updated

Changes to the Nintendo eShop:

Disabled usage of characters not used when redeeming Nintendo eShop cards (O, I, Z, etc.)

Improvements to system stability and usability:

Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience
Reply Nintendo

Tags
The Legend Of Zelda The Wind Waker Hd , Nintendo Wii U Game Console 32 Gb Flash , Wii U

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page