Forum Jump: 
 37Likes

post #1441 of 1445 Old 11-22-2014, 07:14 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 32
I'm going to assume that I need some sort of account with Ninty to use my Wii U? Is there a place I can create that ahead of time so things proceed easier on Xmas morning?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1442 of 1445 Old 11-22-2014, 12:51 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naylia View Post
Anyone done the large attached hard drive? Any benefit to SSD vs conventional? What are thoughts on sizing...1 TB? Any performance concerns?
...per the drives Nintendo has stated officially work w/the Wii U it seems that conventional is the way to go. As far as sizing goes the system doesn't support more than 2TB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1njin View Post
I'm going to assume that I need some sort of account with Ninty to use my Wii U? Is there a place I can create that ahead of time so things proceed easier on Xmas morning?
...you need to setup a Nintendo Network ID (NNID), but I don't believe you can do that before purchasing a Wii U or 3DS. It doesn't take much time to set one up though so your Christmas will still run smoothly. I don't believe you need the account to actually use the system though, it's used for eShop, Miiverse, and online play functionality.
post #1443 of 1445 Old Today, 06:52 AM
Advanced Member

Trying to figure out my controller purchase situation. I was leaning heavily towards going w/ 3 Pro controllers and calling it a day.

Do the Pro controllers work with VC games? I've got 40 bucks worth of eShop cards (I really jones for the original Zelda among others).

Is the wiimote / nunchuk combo perfectly fine for all the Mario games (not counting Smash Bros.)? I'll probably pick up the Zelda games as well at some point.

I need 3 controllers; I really don't want to end up needing 6 controllers to the tune of 300 bucks !!!

Help? If you guys were in my boat w/ no controllers at all and 150 bucks or so to spend, would it be 3 Wiimotes/Nunchuk combos or 3 Pro controllers?

Last edited by s1njin; Today at 08:38 AM. Reason: clarification
post #1444 of 1445 Old Today, 03:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Pro controllers work with *Wii U* VC console games, but not regular ol' Wii VC consoles games, if that makes sense. They're two separate online stores on technically two different systems, and the Wii U VC is not terribly expansive as of yet. Definitely don't assume that just because a game's on the Wii VC that it's also on the Wii U VC.

Wiimote/nunchuck, as well as Wiimote alone, technically works for all Mario games I believe (as well as Smash Bros, FYI, but it's not ideal). Pro controller would definitely be better for all those. Wiimote alone isn't so bad with the 2D Mario games, but the 3D ones really are better with an analog stick. Wiimote/nunchuck might solve that, but then you'd have your "run" button mapped to a trigger, which would take most people some getting used to.

So yeah, it sounds like three Pro controllers is the way to go for you.
post #1445 of 1445 Old Today, 06:05 PM
Advanced Member

Thanks Mongo. 3 Pro Controllers it is.
Reply Nintendo

Tags
The Legend Of Zelda The Wind Waker Hd , Nintendo Wii U Game Console 32 Gb Flash , Wii U

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page