Forum Jump: 

Old Today, 09:56 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Wii U Gamepad Question

So - does the gamepad have to stay 'on' if I'm using all Pro Controllers? I can't figure out how to turn it off, and it seems stupid to have it docked just to keep the battery full b/c the screen won't turn off.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Today, 10:08 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by s1njin View Post
So - does the gamepad have to stay 'on' if I'm using all Pro Controllers? I can't figure out how to turn it off, and it seems stupid to have it docked just to keep the battery full b/c the screen won't turn off.
Press Home, go to Controller Settings, you'll see the option to turn the Gamepad display off. I believe it doesn't turn the Gamepad off, so the battery may still slowly drain. Gamefaqs had this explanation on how to actually turn it off, but it seems kind of tedious:

Quote:
From the home screen press the sync button on the console.
That brings up the sync menu, press it one more time and it brings up the game pad sync menu.
Then on the gamepad it will show something like "this gamepad is already synced."
At that point hold the game pad's power button and it should just turn off.
Finally hit b on the other controller and the game pad will stay off until you restart the console or press the game pad's power button.
Old Today, 10:10 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaL View Post
Press Home, go to Controller Settings, you'll see the option to turn the Gamepad display off. I believe it doesn't turn the Gamepad off, so the battery may still slowly drain. Gamefaqs had this explanation on how to actually turn it off, but it seems kind of tedious:
Thank you !

Tags
The Legend Of Zelda The Wind Waker Hd , Nintendo Wii U Game Console 32 Gb Flash , Wii U