Official Wii U discussion thread. - Page 55 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 73Likes

post #1621 of 1626 Old 09-25-2015, 03:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Would anyone disagree with the price tag right now; I would only be getting for a few games, but if it includes that big tablet thing, how often will I even use that?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1622 of 1626 Old 09-25-2015, 03:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 258
The gamepad despite its size is quite light and comfortable.

And if you look past that touch screen, you have a traditional modern console gamepad. Twin analog sticks, a d-pad, four face buttons, pairs of shoulder buttons and triggers, etc. Everything is here that you're used to being here. The analogs even depress for R3 & L3 functions, although I've yet to ever need it.

The only thing somewhat unconventional here is the digital triggers, but it's not like we have any racing games here that could've put analog to good use. And for everything else, I prefer digital.

That said, touch screen gaming is largely worthless. So Nintendo's attempt to bring that "innovation" to consoles, despite it largely being overlooked on the 3DS now that everyone realizes its inferiority for most tasks, hasn't accomplished much on the console.

But I use it frequently for off-screen play. I like to lean back in bed and basically enjoy my Wii U like I would with a handheld. And on the rare instances where the touch screen is put to use, it usually actually adds to the experience like streamlining inventory control in Wind Waker HD.

And I suspect using it as a camera in the upcoming Fatal Frame 5 is going to be its best use yet.
DaverJ likes this.
post #1623 of 1626 Old 11-10-2015, 04:27 PM
AVS Special Member

New Nintendo Direct announced for Thursday.

Speculation is that Twilight Princess HD will be announced for release this Christmas season as another interim Zelda just like Wind Waker HD previously was, in place of the original Zelda that was recently delayed and which the Wii U perhaps may now never see.

I'll gladly take it though if it happens, although I hope Zelda U still follows through eventually. This rumored announcement essentially confirms that Zelda U will be a cross-gen release at the very least, just like Twilight Princess originally was back in 2006.

I sure hope the NX maintains Wiimote support so that Skyward Sword HD is possible someday.
post #1624 of 1626 Old 11-10-2015, 04:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 398 Post(s)
Liked: 2552
I was cleaning the house over the weekend, and sadly packed up the Wii U and put it in the console graveyard closet -- alongside the 360, PS3, Gamecube, etc..

I had hope for the console, and it gave me some good times, I guess.
s1njin likes this.

"My advice: don't spend money on therapy. Spend it in a record store." – Wim Wenders
post #1625 of 1626 Old 11-12-2015, 03:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Twilight Princess HD confirmed for a more sensible March 2016 release (Many fans I think were hoping for a Diddy Kong Racing 64 style surprise with it making it out in the next week or two after being announced).

And best of all, Zelda U reconfirmed for Wii U in 2016.

I wonder if TPHD will allow you to play the regular and mirrored versions of the title, with optional Wimote controls.
post #1626 of 1626 Old 11-24-2015, 11:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaverJ View Post
I was cleaning the house over the weekend, and sadly packed up the Wii U and put it in the console graveyard closet -- alongside the 360, PS3, Gamecube, etc..

I had hope for the console, and it gave me some good times, I guess.
I agree with you. Mine is still up and running but only b/c my 8 and 10 year old still enjoy Mario World. I'm probably going to get them the new Yoshi game, but sadly I view this console as a complete failure.

Shame on me too, b/c I knew about the sparse lineup of quality games going into it. I gambled there would be more content, but for me its too late for Zelda.

Gaming hard from October thru April.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Nintendo

Tags
The Legend Of Zelda The Wind Waker Hd , Nintendo Wii U Game Console 32 Gb Flash , Wii U