Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 02-06-2013, 08:51 AM - Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Is this "officially" coming to the U?

I've heard rumours but I would love to see this on the Wii U. The gamepad could really elevate this game to a whole new level.
And well, Ubisoft can easily pull this off.

Any official word?

"Good... Bad... I'm the guy with the gun."

Ash - Army of Darkness
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 02-27-2013, 12:23 PM - Thread Starter
Super Moderator

More rumours are making this look like it will surface on the Wii U. Still waiting for the official word. rolleyes.gif

Ash - Army of Darkness
post #3 of 6 Old 04-10-2013, 08:41 AM - Thread Starter
Super Moderator

It's official. LINK

Ash - Army of Darkness
post #4 of 6 Old 04-23-2013, 07:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 61
I loved this series starting with the original on Gamecube. I even got some enjoyment out of Double Agent on the 360. I couldn't finish Conviction though. It was awful. I'd love to see the series get back on track but quotes like these don't inspire confidence:
Quote:
"One of the things that held it back is despite all of the changes that have happened over the years, it's still one of the more complex and difficult games to play," Raymond told Eurogamer.
Quote:
For Splinter Cell: Blacklist, due out in August on PC, PlayStation 3, Wii U and Xbox 360, Ubisoft Toronto tried to offer a "broader range of play", that is, the kind of stealth experience hardcore fans of the series want and the more action-oriented experience Raymond hopes will broaden Splinter Cell's potential audience.
Quote:
By default, though, Splinter Cell: Blacklist offers a more "fluid, modern play-style", Raymond explained, which helps Fisher navigate the 3D environments without the need for as much interaction on the part of the player.

post #5 of 6 Old 12-03-2013, 05:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Bought this game on Black Friday and love it. However, I'm probably one of the few people who didn't like any of the previous Splinter Cell games until Conviction. I'm not into pure stealth and though I liked MGS back in the day, I actually found MGS 4 pretty boring. Blacklist is similar to Conviction, but with much bigger environments and path options.

The great thing about this game is that you can play it anyway you please. You can avoid detection and use non-lethal combat (Ghost - rewarded with the most points, which translates into money for upgrades), kill enemies without being detected (Panther), or go in guns ablazing (Assault - play it like a cover-based TPS). For those that haven't played Conviction (360 exclusive), Blacklist is like Batman AA, but with gunplay instead of melee as the main form of combat.

I chose to get this game on the Wii U because of the 720p graphics (higher resolution than its console counterparts). The Wii U sacrifices local co-op and the frame rate is supposed to dip badly compared to the PS3/360 versions, but I prefer sharper graphics. However, as with many Wii U games, the load times are pretty awful. I enjoyed the story and the voice acting is top notch (Michael Ironside isn't voicing Sam Fisher anymore though due to his age and the use of mo-cap). I use the Pro controller whenever I can, so any benefits of the gamepad are lost on me (except for Off TV play).

Some people didn't like Conviction because of its move away from pure stealth to action, but with this game, you have the option for either (those who absolutely hated Conviction should play on Perfectionist difficulty). Imo this game is an overlooked gem. I rank it up there with the rebooted Tomb Raider and Uncharted for TPS action games. I'm probably in the minority, but I hope the new Metal Gear games are more like Blacklist than MGS 4.
ATC7 likes this.
post #6 of 6 Old 02-08-2014, 10:07 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Having difficulty finding a partner for some of the coop missions. Feel free to add ScarletSpeedstr if you're playing.
Reply Nintendo

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page