Forum Jump: 
 9Likes
post #271 of 282 Old 01-15-2015, 03:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 220
The one sad part of these Sega 3D Classics is that there apparently isn't going to be a third round. December is when they've started announcing and releasing these over in Japan in 2012 and 2013 for the first two waves, yet nothing has happened over the past few weeks.

And I wish we'd be seeing these in retail form like Japan is getting. I hate digital exclusives, although at least this arcade material benefits from the added convenience until a hardware issue rears its ugly head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by insertcoin2play View Post
3D Afterburner II is now available in the 3DS eShop. Probably going to grab it, but I'm more interested in 3D OutRun.
Outrun is also what I'm most looking forward to, but I was very pleased to see Afterburner yesterday.

When Outrun arrives, Sega Arcade Gallery for the GBA will soon gather dust for the first time in over a decade. All four titles from it will then be available in arcade perfect form on the 3DS.

It's also the first 3DS release is well over a year that excited me in any way.

Last edited by Leo_Ames; 01-15-2015 at 04:01 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 282 Old 01-16-2015, 10:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Wow, that is pretty dumb design choice!

You need a screwdriver to remove the SD card inside the New Nintendo 3DS!

http://kotaku.com/you-need-a-friggin...s-i-1679808994

With Target closing here in Canada... I might bite on a clearance sale on an old 3DS!
post #273 of 282 Old 01-16-2015, 05:56 PM
AVS Special Member

On the bright side, you can connect wirelessly to a PC to transfer files back and forth.
post #274 of 282 Old 01-16-2015, 11:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 793
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Ames View Post
On the bright side, you can connect wirelessly to a PC to transfer files back and forth.
Any word on how this works?
post #275 of 282 Old 01-17-2015, 01:35 AM
AVS Special Member

I haven't seen it detailed, but the feature is listed at the product page for it at some online retailers.
post #276 of 282 Old Yesterday, 11:00 AM
AVS Special Member

I just got Afterburner II - good port with some nice display and control options. Even the circle pad add-on is supported, but not sure how that would be used for this game.

Speaking of the circle-pad, I'm assuming any game that supports the it automatically supports the C-stick on the new 3DS, right?

Amazon doesn't have the new 3DS for pre-order, and on-line Best Buy and Gamestop's delivery estimate is the following week. So I'll probably take my chance with picking one up on launch day from BB, Gamestop or Target without the pre-order. Gamestop is currently giving $80 trade-in for the current 3DS XL, but mine is in such good condition and I still have the box and everything, so I might throw it up on eBay. It is currently trending around $135, but that price will probably drop once the new comes out.
post #277 of 282 Unread Yesterday, 07:38 PM
AVS Special Member

The right analog stick serves as your throttle.

I've heard two different things about Circle Pad Pro support on the New 3DS. One is that all CPP titles will be supported out of the box, the other is that titles have to be specifically programmed to take advantage of it after the fact. A patch that they may or may never receive.

And I've heard at least one statement about a title that apparently takes advantage of the right analog on the New 3DS, but doesn't with the regular 3DS attachment (I want to say Super Smash Brothers, although how you'd use it in a fighter, I don't know).

Hopefully logic has won out and Circle Pad Pro support and New 3DS right analog support is one and the same.
DaverJ likes this.
post #278 of 282 Unread Today, 07:23 AM
AVS Special Member

I was debating between picking up a 3DS XL or the New 3DS XL and I'll go with a New.

I don't have a 3DS but for the ~100$ difference after taxes, I should go with the new and improved version.

Feb 13th I'll go pick one up.. hopefully I can find a MM edition
post #279 of 282 Unread Today, 07:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashboard View Post
I was debating between picking up a 3DS XL or the New 3DS XL and I'll go with a New.

I don't have a 3DS but for the ~100$ difference after taxes, I should go with the new and improved version.

Feb 13th I'll go pick one up.. hopefully I can find a MM edition
I think all the Majora's Mask editions were snapped up within minutes of pre-orders. Finding one of these elusive hot-ticket items at list price would be very rare at this point, unless they surprise us and ramp up manufacturing to release more than expected.

If you want 3D, definitely go for the New. Most people turn off 3D on the current versions because it's hard to stay in the sweet spot when playing a game. But I hear the new head-tracking almost completely fixes this - it just works the way you would expect. And the new CPU is nice for popping around the UI, going into the store and downloading stuff.

EDIT: don't forget to pick up a charger!

Last edited by DaverJ; Today at 07:52 AM.
post #280 of 282 Unread Today, 08:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaverJ View Post
I think all the Majora's Mask editions were snapped up within minutes of pre-orders. Finding one of these elusive hot-ticket items at list price would be very rare at this point, unless they surprise us and ramp up manufacturing to release more than expected.

If you want 3D, definitely go for the New. Most people turn off 3D on the current versions because it's hard to stay in the sweet spot when playing a game. But I hear the new head-tracking almost completely fixes this - it just works the way you would expect. And the new CPU is nice for popping around the UI, going into the store and downloading stuff.

EDIT: don't forget to pick up a charger!
Yeah I know they sold like hot cakes! However, I finish early the 13th so I might head to a couple of stores in hope to find one. If not, I'll settle for a regular one or just wait for a sale (Not in a hurry but bought MM and OoT 3Ds).

I don't think I care about the 3D but the new CPU is appealing... it will come down to $ since I can find a brand new 3DS XL (old) for 150-160$ taxes in...or the New one for 229,99$ then add taxes and a charger.... decisions...
post #281 of 282 Unread Today, 08:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Ames View Post
And I've heard at least one statement about a title that apparently takes advantage of the right analog on the New 3DS, but doesn't with the regular 3DS attachment (I want to say Super Smash Brothers, although how you'd use it in a fighter, I don't know).
Pretty sure you're right about Smash 3DS--I think it works with the New 3DS' right analog (moving it lets you perform strong attacks easily, AKA C-Stick smashing) but not with the Circle Pad Pro, because hardcore Smashers were complaining that people playing on the New 3DS have an unfair advantage over people playing on the old model.
post #282 of 282 Unread Today, 11:52 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 26
I was going to get a New 3DS, but wanted the regular size, not the XL. Since it looks like they're not releasing the non-XL in the US I won't be upgrading at all. I've had an XL for a while and the screens, while large, show the poor resolution a bit too much for my taste (DS games blown up look especially jagged). I don't understand withholding the smaller version in North America and releasing it in literally every other region - makes no sense to me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Nintendo

Tags
Nintendo 3ds Cosmo Black , Nintendo 3ds Xl Blue Black , Nintendo 2ds Electric Blue

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page