Forum Jump: 
 26Likes

post #301 of 324 Old 02-11-2015, 06:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 222
Fantasy Zone comes out tomorrow, with Outrun, Fantasy Zone II, and Thunder Blade following in that order each subsequent month.

But perhaps best of all, it appears as if a 3rd wave of releases is now underway.

"3D Streets of Rage 2 Rated by Australian Classification Board

It seems like the Australian Classification Board has outed a major addition to the SEGA 3D Classics lineup on the Nintendo 3DS (eShop). While it hasn’t been officially announced yet (not even in Japan), it looks like brawler classic Streets of Rage 2 will be getting a 3D Classics treatment, joining its prequel in what has been an impressive lineup of stereoscopic 3D remasters."

http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2015/02...-board/134308/

And I don't think I've posted links to any of these in the past, but here's the latest in a series of interesting developer interviews covering the conversion of each of these titles. This two part interview is centered around Fantasy Zone, with past interviews for earlier releases available at the same site.

http://blogs.sega.com/2015/02/09/seg...erview-part-1/

http://blogs.sega.com/2015/02/10/seg...others-part-2/
DaverJ likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #302 of 324 Old 02-12-2015, 03:45 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Next month cannot come soon enough.
Leo_Ames likes this.
post #303 of 324 Old 02-12-2015, 08:41 PM

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 59
What's worth playing on the 3DS nowadays? I traded my blue xl for a wii u in 2013 and thinking about picking up the new one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PSN ID: javant86

post #304 of 324 Old 02-13-2015, 07:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamouflage View Post
What's worth playing on the 3DS nowadays? I traded my blue xl for a wii u in 2013 and thinking about picking up the new one.

Majora's Mask and Monster Hunter 4 came out today... so there's that

Edit : Looks like Target US has some MM 3DS XL console in stock... they don't ship here

Last edited by Dashboard; 02-13-2015 at 08:05 AM.
post #305 of 324 Old 02-13-2015, 08:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Liked: 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashboard View Post
Edit : Looks like Target US has some MM 3DS XL console in stock... they don't ship here
Just came here to post that.

Here's a link for online shipping in the U.S., but will probably be sold out within the hour.
post #306 of 324 Old 02-13-2015, 11:31 AM

Picked up a new red xl, ready to get home and try the 3d out vs the last one. Still debating if I should sale my LE Majoras Mask or not.

DaverJ likes this.

post #307 of 324 Old 02-13-2015, 12:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Here's my loot for the day.

The strategy guide was on sale and I had a 50% off coupon, so why not?
post #308 of 324 Old 02-13-2015, 02:22 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Picked up a new black 3DS XL today. I'm a big fan of playing in 3D but it was driving me crazy on the old 3DS XL. I have to say that the reviews were not overstating it -- Nintendo did a GREAT job getting the 3D to stay in focus now.

Strange thing was that I saw a unit on display about a week ago and at first I thought I couldn't pick it up. So I was getting down to eye level with it to test the 3D and it looked horrible. It kept shifting in and out of focus much like the original 3DS. I was so disappointed. However, I eventually figured out how to lift the 3DS from its base with all it's store security attached, and when I held it in my hands it improved dramatically. It's actually quite impressive how much you can angle it and the 3D remains in focus. I think it's going to be great being able to play in 3D comfortably now!

The little built-in circle-pad replacement also works pretty well. It doesn't move much but at the same time it feels very precise.

Looking forward to finishing Ocarina of Time and starting Mejora's Mask...
DaverJ and tampabuc like this.
post #309 of 324 Old 02-13-2015, 02:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolffe72 View Post
Picked up a new black 3DS XL today. I'm a big fan of playing in 3D but it was driving me crazy on the old 3DS XL. I have to say that the reviews were not overstating it -- Nintendo did a GREAT job getting the 3D to stay in focus now.
Great to hear!

How well did the data transfer process go? Any issue removing the back to get to the microSD card?
post #310 of 324 Old 02-13-2015, 02:37 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaverJ View Post
Great to hear!

How well did the data transfer process go? Any issue removing the back to get to the microSD card?
Ah, I didn't do a system transfer. "Technically" the other 3DS belongs to my son (who, like just about every other kid it seems, always plays with the 3D turned off completely).

I haven't done much with it beside get through the quick setup and fire-up Mejora's Mask. I'll have to wait until I get home to finish setting it up fully.
post #311 of 324 Old 02-13-2015, 05:59 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 178 Post(s)
Liked: 165
Thanks for the info. and first impressions. Sold!

Looking forward to trying out the enhanced 3D.

Picked up a new 3DS XL at Target this morning, daughter's Valentine's present, and mine too (when I can get my hands on it).
post #312 of 324 Old 02-13-2015, 10:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
EDIT #2 : Here's a good guide to the transfer process. They strongly recommend using the PC for the process.
Well, I had a New 3DS transfer SNAFU.

Everything was going perfectly with the data transfer from my older 3DS XL w/ 2gig SD card to New 3DS w/ 32gig replacement microSD, thanks to the guide quoted above. That is, until I get near the end of the process - putting the microSD card in my PC. For some reason, my up-to-date Windows 8.1 PC doesn't recognize microSDs. It works fine with standard SD cards, but nothing from the 32gig card I bought or the 4gig microSD that comes with the 3Ds.

Fortunately, even though they say a PC is needed, I used my MacBook Air with an SD card reader built-in, and it did fine with both the SD card from the old 3DS and the new microSD card - the copy worked. *whew!*

===

So far I've only messed with a few things. The improved 3D is nice, but not as perfect as I was hoping. I still see occasional flickers or lines on the screen that are slightly distracting. But the wonked-out double vision from moving while playing seems to be fixed, so that's great. I think the small glitches might have been a case of too-high expectations, so I'm sure that once I get used to it I'll learn to ignore the little issues and just enjoy the 3D.

EDIT: played some more, and impressed that the improved 3D can now actaully be used in "VR-style" - holding and moving the unit around as it changes the view. I'll have to try Face Raiders again, and pull out the AR cards to give them another shot.

Also interesting how much muscle memory plays into operating these things, because I'm totally stumbling searching for new locations of buttons, card slots, stylus, volume control, etc..
tampabuc likes this.

Last edited by DaverJ; 02-14-2015 at 07:57 AM.
post #313 of 324 Old 02-15-2015, 10:04 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Also interesting how much muscle memory plays into operating these things, because I'm totally stumbling searching for new locations of buttons, card slots, stylus, volume control, etc..
This! I keep running my hand down the right side for the stylus then thinking I've lost the stylus somewhere. again.

I do like the new volume placement though, on the old XL my hand was constantly sliding it back up.
DaverJ likes this.
post #314 of 324 Old 02-16-2015, 06:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gariputo View Post
I do like the new volume placement though, on the old XL my hand was constantly sliding it back up.
This is the most enticing feature of the new XL I've heard so far: I do thus SO MUCH with my original XL, constantly messing myself up in intense games of Smash Bros by my palm accidentally hitting the volume slider and temporarily deafening myself.
jhoff80 and tampabuc like this.
post #315 of 324 Old 02-16-2015, 11:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 70
I was on the fence for the new 3ds but decided to pick it up yesterday. I am glad I did because the improvements are very noticeable. Runs faster, nice c button, and the 3d is a 500% upgrade. I keep the 3d on the entire time and it looks fantastic. Not perfect, there's occasional ghosting, but it's what I was hoping for. The functional 3d made Mario Land a more enjoyable experience and Monster Hunter 4 is pretty great as well. Now I need to find someone who wants my Mario/Luigi 3ds xl with r4 emulator cartridge.
DaverJ, tampabuc and kamouflage like this.
post #316 of 324 Old 02-17-2015, 09:20 AM
AVS Special Member

I'm enjoying the heck out of Zelda: Majora's Mask. I played it on N64 back in the day, but didn't finish it and forgotten most of it! So it seems like a new "old" game to me.

Also glad I got the strategy guide -- I have no idea how people find many of these secrets on their own!!!! You have to be in the right place at the right time, sometimes looking in the right direction or holding the right item.... Crazy.
post #317 of 324 Old 02-17-2015, 08:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 161 Post(s)
Liked: 214
There's also an in-game help system for that particular game though.

XBL/Steam: JHoff80

Last edited by jhoff80; 02-17-2015 at 10:08 PM.
post #318 of 324 Old 02-18-2015, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfoltz View Post
I was on the fence for the new 3ds but decided to pick it up yesterday. I am glad I did because the improvements are very noticeable. Runs faster, nice c button, and the 3d is a 500% upgrade. I keep the 3d on the entire time and it looks fantastic. Not perfect, there's occasional ghosting, but it's what I was hoping for. The functional 3d made Mario Land a more enjoyable experience and Monster Hunter 4 is pretty great as well. Now I need to find someone who wants my Mario/Luigi 3ds xl with r4 emulator cartridge.
I'm with you, the 3D on the New 3DS is outstanding! I traded my original XL a long time ago for a Wii U but I'll be going back and picking up all the old games I had to experience it in proper 3D. Last time I estimate I used 3D for a grand total of <10 minutes. I think I'm going to end up buying a lot of games this go around. I picked up A Link Between World's and Majora's Mask is on the way (that may get sold since it's an LE), Super Mario 3D Land and a Pokemon title are on the list as well.

post #319 of 324 Old 02-20-2015, 09:12 AM

The 3DS Thread

So who has picked up Monster Hunter 4? Just want to hear some impressions on it and how good/bad the online is. Also anyone else plan on going all digital? I used to be against it but for handhelds I think it's the way to go. I'm using a 32GB PNY sdhc card from Amazon.

post #320 of 324 Old 02-20-2015, 10:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
So who has picked up Monster Hunter 4? Just want to hear some impressions on it and how good/bad the online is. Also anyone else plan on going all digital? I used to be against it but for handhelds I think it's the way to go. I'm using a 32GB PNY sdhc card from Amazon.

I've played Monster Hunter for 11 hours over the last few days and love it. It's a bit overwhelming figuring out the weapons, armor, items, food, quests, etc., but the game does a good job of instructing you. I use the NeoGAF forum to ask questions when I'm confused. The online has been fantastic and it's nice that you can chat to eachother with the bottom screen.

I usually go for physical carts so I can trade in later if necessary, though digital does have a lot of benefits on handheld.
DaverJ likes this.
post #321 of 324 Old 02-21-2015, 10:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 161 Post(s)
Liked: 214
Quote:
Also anyone else plan on going all digital? I used to be against it but for handhelds I think it's the way to go.
Other than the 12 or so games I bought before the eShop sold full games, I've only done digital myself. The games I do have a physical version of also tend to be played far less often for me than the ones that are digital, because I never have the games with me.

XBL/Steam: JHoff80
post #322 of 324 Old Today, 07:21 AM
AVS Special Member

I went to Best Buy this weekend to see the New 3DS (never owned a 3DS) and try the 3D to see how I feel about it (I have travel sickness in cars, boats).

The 3D worked pretty well and it didn't make me feel dizzy and want to puke which is a plus. However, I think I will spend most of my time playing without 3D when I get my hands on a N3DS
DaverJ likes this.
post #323 of 324 Old Today, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashboard View Post
I went to Best Buy this weekend to see the New 3DS (never owned a 3DS) and try the 3D to see how I feel about it (I have travel sickness in cars, boats).

The 3D worked pretty well and it didn't make me feel dizzy and want to puke which is a plus. However, I think I will spend most of my time playing without 3D when I get my hands on a N3DS
I think you'll get hooked on it once you pick one up. It even makes playing 2D games like New Super Mario Bros. 2 more engaging with the increased depth the 3D provides.

On another note Pokemon is addictive! I downloaded Omega Ruby the other day and can't stop playing it.
DaverJ likes this.

post #324 of 324 Old Today, 02:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I think you'll get hooked on it once you pick one up. It even makes playing 2D games like New Super Mario Bros. 2 more engaging with the increased depth the 3D provides.

On another note Pokemon is addictive! I downloaded Omega Ruby the other day and can't stop playing it.
Like I said, with my travel sickness, the 3D will probably make me dizzy and want to puke (I know I wasn't 100% after trying it at BB but I didn't hold the console in my hands in the perfect spot and I lost the 3D focus a couple of times).

Kinda wish it won't make me feel sick tho! It does add a nice touch to the games.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Nintendo

Tags
Nintendo 3ds Cosmo Black , Nintendo 3ds Xl Blue Black , Nintendo 2ds Electric Blue