The 3DS Thread - Page 12 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 35Likes

post #331 of 343 Old 03-15-2015, 07:20 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 18
The 3DS had been dormant for a bit lately, but Out Run has successfully got me reaching for it often again. The 3D effect is surprisingly good. Almost makes me want to go out and get a N3DS so I don't lose it from time to time! The new songs are a perfect fit for the game. It's awesome they burned a sound ROM and played it through an original arcade board to get the recording for iTunes/Amazon mp3s. I think Cruising Line is right up there with Splash Wave, my favorite of the original 3. I can't go back to playing the game in 30fps after actually seeing the difference. Well.... maybe for old times sake!
DaverJ, tampabuc and Leo_Ames like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #332 of 343 Old 03-26-2015, 10:16 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Probably a good fake, but Reddit found a TTYD 3D video... Even if is a fake, this is encouraging. DKCR was darn good on 3DS, more revamps like this would be amazing:

http://www.reddit.com/r/3DS/comments..._door_3d_leak/

post #333 of 343 Old 03-27-2015, 07:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 87
The Majora's Mask N3DS was restocked at ebgames. They had 1 in stock left last night when I called.... decided to not buy it since I have a full backlog already.... I surprised myself
post #334 of 343 Old 03-30-2015, 02:06 PM

Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 73
A few nice deals if you haven't already picked up these titles. I'll be waiting around on digital sales (the rare times that they happen).

http://slickdeals.net/f/7761437-best...-sale-3-29-5-4

Best Buy has a few Nintendo 3DS Games on sale for $24.99 each. Shipping is free on orders over $35 otherwise you may opt for free store pickup. Thanks bmogrove
Amazon also has a few Nintendo 3DS Games on sale for $24.99 each. Shipping is free with Prime or if you spend $35 or more.

PSN ID: javant86
Xbox Live: PikturePerfekt
post #335 of 343 Old 04-07-2015, 04:27 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 21
I sold my 3DS before Christmas in prep for the N3DS. I think I am going to pick one up this week along with Xenoblade. I never had a chance to play it on the Wii.
post #336 of 343 Old 04-14-2015, 04:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 231 Post(s)
Liked: 255
I didn't realize that they brought NES Remix to 3DS, but got that today as a platinum reward. Drives me absolutely crazy that for the Mario stuff they force me to use B and A instead of the better Y and B control scheme. Seriously, I know we've talked about that before in this forum in regards to virtual console stuff, but seriously you would think the people who came up with the still-in use controller layout would realize that the way that puts both buttons under your thumb works far better.
Leo_Ames likes this.

XBL/Steam: JHoff80
post #337 of 343 Old 04-14-2015, 06:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Liked: 249
Nintendo's insistence on matched button lettering, over actual comfort and playability, is why I have no interest with the Virtual Console on the 3DS (I'd of supported the Game Gear section, since that one does feature button customization, but Sega never actually released something like their 8 bit Ristar port that I'd of actually wanted).

There are a good 7 or 8 Game Boy games here that I'd love to have on the much larger screen of these XL models compared to my backlit Game Boy Advance SP, but the button mapping is too terrible.

I saw this a year or so ago and bookmarked it. It pretty well illustrates why this is such a problem.

Amazing that for some people, they're able to work around that with something like a Super Mario Brothers platformer.

Sadly, it almost was a non-issue, as this scan showing a prototype Super Famicom controller demonstrates (Note where the A & B buttons are; and I've seen later prototype images with C & D renamed to X & Y, before they completely rearranged the layout to what we've used since 1991).

Two button Nintendo games would've translated with their button designations and playability intact to four button Nintendo platforms, had they stuck to that layout.
post #338 of 343 Old 04-14-2015, 09:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 231 Post(s)
Liked: 255
Apparently there's an undocumented trick I didn't know about that they use to work around this in NES Remix. Instead of making it configurable in this game, they ALSO map the NES B button to X on the 3DS, giving you the better feel. It's not quite as good as B and Y, because the A button is a little close to the edge of the 3DS, but it's still better.

XBL/Steam: JHoff80
post #339 of 343 Old 04-30-2015, 09:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Besides the button issues with Ultimate NES Remix, I was reminded of another problem today while checking out a New 3DS. For a fair number of people, myself included, the low d-pad placement on the 3DS is a real issue in releases such as this one.

It's sadly a bit too low for me to be entirely comfortable with, a complaint I've seen others voice from time to time. As a result, if I had a game such as this one on the 3DS, I'd pretty much rely on the analog circle pad as a result. And that's a control method that isn't as ideal for a release such as this one that was built with precise 8 way digital control in mind.
post #340 of 343 Old 05-05-2015, 07:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Traded some old games for in-store credit (66$ for GTA5 PS3 and other oldies like Prince of Persia, NHL08 and 13, etc) in my local store... but they only have the old N3Ds

Guess I'll pick a N3DS somewhere else and use those credit for 3DS games, since they rarely go on sale anywhere.

Closer to my quest of not forking any $ to get the N3DS (50$ free GC and now 66$ store credit!)
post #341 of 343 Old 05-10-2015, 09:24 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Picked up xenoblade chronicles. Probably only played the original on the wii for 30 minutes or so.

The 3d on it is very well done so far.
post #342 of 343 Old 05-16-2015, 04:44 AM
AVS Special Member

3D Thunder Blade is now out for the 3DS.

It's currently the last arcade game slated for Sega's 3D Classics line, although some new Genesis conversions just were confirmed recently. It's the arcade material that excites me though, so it's sad to see what's hopefully only a temporary conclusion to it.

Last edited by Leo_Ames; 05-19-2015 at 04:23 PM.
post #343 of 343 Old Today, 08:51 AM
AVS Special Member

I guess woman listen when you speak. My fiancé got me a N3DSXL for my bday

So I'm now a new proud owner and I can't wait to replay OoT and MM (I bought them months ago before the 3DS).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Nintendo

Tags
Nintendo 3ds Cosmo Black , Nintendo 3ds Xl Blue Black , Nintendo 2ds Electric Blue

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page