Lego City Undercover - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 45 Old 03-21-2013, 07:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 48
I've heard the load times are long, but how frequent are they? Like, every time you enter/leave the open world? Or (ugh) between any section of the open world?

Stuff like that can really kill an otherwise great game for me. Then again, I got through Mass Effect 2 (several times) with only a mild lingering phobia of moving between levels on the Normandy, so...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 45 Old 03-21-2013, 12:07 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Any time you start a mission results in long loads, or when you go to the Police Station. The effect is a long load screen every (EDIT) 20-40 minutes of game time. There are no loads between open world sections.

There are also two long loads to start the game.

It's the single large blemish on an otherwise excellently executed game.
post #33 of 45 Old 03-21-2013, 11:45 PM - Thread Starter

Spent all day playing Lego City. Maybe 8 hours total at 10.5% complete. The list of best open world games now goes:

1) Saint's Row 3
2) Just Cause 2
3) Lego City Undercover
4) GTA 4

That is some very good placing for this title. Great work, TT Fusion!

Buy this.

Also, I'll modify my earlier claim for loads. It's more like a minute and a half of loading for 20-40 minutes of game time, not the 10-20 minutes that I estimated earlier.
post #34 of 45 Old 03-22-2013, 06:54 AM

Liked: 10
I wonder if the load times are any faster if it was digital and on a hard drive.. in either case, if it's only every 20-40 it's not THAT bad.. and my U is hooked up to my dual monitors so I will browse during the long load times.. mine is shipping from TN now from Best Buy.. kind of irritated they wouldn't give me the option to pick it up in-store.. just forced the shipping on me... must have been a supply issue.
post #35 of 45 Old 03-22-2013, 12:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mine is on a HDD.
post #36 of 45 Old 03-28-2013, 12:52 AM - Thread Starter

Alright, after 20 hours I finished up the main story for Lego City tonight. I'm a bit sad now, knowing that I've finished the story of the best game I'll play this year...

The writing is great. The references are fantastic. The situations that the game puts you in get wackier the deeper in to the game you get. The map is a ton of fun to explore with widely varying locations. The abilities that you gain over time are put to great use and make it so that the game changes how you play it every couple of hours. Overall, it's an A+ game. Go, play this now. It is the best title on the Wii U.
post #37 of 45 Old 03-28-2013, 03:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 547
You getting the 3DS prequel?

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
Include your AVS username in the friend request.
post #38 of 45 Old 03-28-2013, 04:02 AM - Thread Starter

I sure hope so. I'll wait on reviews as it may be built by their B team, but I'm leaning heavily toward a yes.
post #39 of 45 Old 04-08-2013, 04:24 PM - Thread Starter

Lego City continues to be the only game that I'm playing. 50 hours later and at 87% completion I am getting so close. The game after you finish the story mode is a very different game. It is a lot more about methodically searching through sections to find everything. The game is very friendly about helping you find stuff. It may sound tedious, but it really is still an interesting game with some good jokes and puzzles waiting to be found post-story.
post #40 of 45 Old 04-10-2013, 10:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 61
I've played the last couple of nights. Just finished the prison chapter so I'm not very far in. The game is a lot of fun so far and pretty funny. I was free running and passed by a window where someone was on the can reading a newspaper. A lot of nice little touches.

The cars handle poorly but that supposed to get better. I avoid my police cruiser. The load times are long, but I've never gotten frustrated by it. I'll usually start the game on the pad before I switch the tv over to the Wii U.
post #41 of 45 Old 04-10-2013, 12:37 PM - Thread Starter

I hit 100% last night at 57 hours. Now I've moved on to Tomb Raider.

Lego City Undercover gets a big thumbs up from me. It is certainly a "must have" title for the Wii U. More of you should own this.
post #42 of 45 Old 04-12-2013, 06:29 AM

Liked: 10
Lego City is amazing.. there is something that really hits home with this game.. it's probably amalgamation of everything.. it's incredibly entertaining.. the cut scenes aren't overly invasive, something I can't particularly stand in my games... This is probably my second favorite game next to Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. NOTHING tops that game... talk about pure addiction!! Also NFS:MW is a fantastic driving game.. Wii U had a great month!! Not to mention the 3DS was ON FIRE!!!!! It's good to be a gamer right now.. tons of great games to go around!
post #43 of 45 Old 04-12-2013, 08:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklordjames View Post

I hit 100% last night at 57 hours. Now I've moved on to Tomb Raider.

Lego City Undercover gets a big thumbs up from me. It is certainly a "must have" title for the Wii U. More of you should own this.

Alright DLJ, what am I missing here. After I unlock new characters/disguises around the world, like say Karate guy, how do I use them?
post #44 of 45 Old 04-12-2013, 11:10 AM - Thread Starter

You need to buy the disguise/vehicle/red brick in the basement of the police station. Then they will be available to select in the disguise booth/vehicle drop point/extras menu. Initially money may be a little tight, but after you find the 2x, 4x, and 6x red bricks, money will never be a problem again. My guy has 200,000,000,000 coins right now.

Yes, that is the correct number of zeros, no exaggeration.
post #45 of 45 Old 05-21-2013, 12:00 PM
AVS Special Member

I finally finished the story a couple of nights ago. The final few chapters were epic.

The game is one of the best of I've played in a while. It was nothing but fun throughout and really is the must have Wii U game.
Reply Nintendo

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page