wii play vs wii motion plus what is the difference? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 06-27-2013, 06:07 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Are they the same games pretty much as wii play but just use the motion plus or totally different games? Do you have to get better and unlock more games or all games will play without having to be unlocked?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-27-2013, 07:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 197
Wii Motion Plus isn't a videogame. It's an add-on enhancement to improve the motion capabilities of a stock Wii remote (And is factory integrated into later Wiimotes) in the handful of games that support that functionality. And most of those that can take advantage of it require Motion Plus.

Or are you talking about the difference between Wii Play and Wii Play: Motion? They're two separate minigame collections with different game lineups in reach (Although a couple in Motion are updates of minigames from the original). Both rely largely on motion control and feature the Wii's signature 'Mii' characters. And in the case of Wii Play: Motion, it requires a Wiimote with Motion Plus to be used. And I don't recall any locked games.

They're both just so-so which is hardly unsurprising due to almost being freebies with the purchase of a Wii remote. Even with multiplayer which is their forte, it's unlikely that they would have much in the way of replayability for the average person. A round in each minigame was enough to satisfy me besides the tank minigame in the original Wii Play which saw me return to it several times.

I rather liked that one. It reminded me of the tank minigame in the arcade game Tron from 25 years ago, Atari's B&W arcade tank games from the 1970's, and Combat on the Atari 2600 and several other console contemporaries from other companies.

I'd buy an entire game based off that if more features were tossed in to add variety and a bit more depth and strategy.

Would make for a nice e-Shop release.
post #3 of 5 Old 06-28-2013, 01:41 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Liked: 19
thank you for explaining it to me I appreciate it. I thought about buying both games on amazon.
post #4 of 5 Old 06-28-2013, 10:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Ames View Post

Wii Motion Plus isn't a videogame. It's an add-on enhancement to improve the motion capabilities of a stock Wii remote (And is factory integrated into later Wiimotes) in the handful of games that support that functionality. And most of those that can take advantage of it require Motion Plus.

Or are you talking about the difference between Wii Play and Wii Play: Motion? They're two separate minigame collections with different game lineups in reach (Although a couple in Motion are updates of minigames from the original). Both rely largely on motion control and feature the Wii's signature 'Mii' characters. And in the case of Wii Play: Motion, it requires a Wiimote with Motion Plus to be used. And I don't recall any locked games.

They're both just so-so which is hardly unsurprising due to almost being freebies with the purchase of a Wii remote. Even with multiplayer which is their forte, it's unlikely that they would have much in the way of replayability for the average person. A round in each minigame was enough to satisfy me besides the tank minigame in the original Wii Play which saw me return to it several times.

I rather liked that one. It reminded me of the tank minigame in the arcade game Tron from 25 years ago, Atari's B&W arcade tank games from the 1970's, and Combat on the Atari 2600 and several other console contemporaries from other companies.

I'd buy an entire game based off that if more features were tossed in to add variety and a bit more depth and strategy.

Would make for a nice e-Shop release.

While my kids enjoyed most of the other Wii Play minigames, I also really only dug the Tank game - and yes, a e-Shop expanded version would be on my list of must haves as well. Was very much a mashup (to me) of the Atari Combat game & the tanks from the Tron arcade game.
Leo_Ames likes this.

Money does not buy happiness. It can, however, buy you a giant boat that you can pull up alongside happiness. - David Lee Roth

post #5 of 5 Old 08-31-2013, 05:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 197
Looks like Wii Party U will have a tank minigame. Hope it takes what made the original intriguing and improves upon it. Especially if it can be played as a standalone game on demand like in Wii Play (the original Wii Party was a Mario Party style game).

It also comes bundled with a Wii Motion Plus remote. So it seems to be the Wii U counterpart of the various budget minigame collections that were bundled with Wiimotes back on the Wii.
Reply Nintendo

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page