The Death of the Wii - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 49 Old 07-02-2013, 11:10 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Arguably one of the most successful platforms of all time is now on death watch. As Nintendo announced in April, several Wii Channels went dark at the end of June.
  • Nintendo Channel: gone
  • Forecast Channel: gone
  • News Channel: Gone
  • Check Mii Out Channel: gone
  • Internet Channel: even more worthless than before, with browsers discontinued, not working, or working poorly

So, yes, it's not a surprise, and for many users not even a big deal, but I actually used some of these. It was disappointing to click on them and get the "discontinued, thanks for participating" kiss off.

The odd thing is, I've barely used my Wii U, while I continue to use my Wii every day. In fact, I think I wasted my money on the Wii U, though I got a very good deal. The Wii U continues to disappoint, while the Wii with its poor graphics and tepid processor gets me to turn it on every single day.

I hope Nintendo gets it in gear soon. I'm not a hardcore gamer, but my money is just as good, and Nintendo has nothing for me. Wii Fit U: MIA. Wii Sports/Wii Sports Resort U: MIA. Third party activity games: MIA (with one weak exception).

Not only has Nintendo blown it for hardcore gamers, it's completely lost it with the so-called casual gamers that made the Wii such a big success. The new GamePad is mostly a joke. Even a Wiimote provides better active participation and engagement given the GamePad's lame implementation and its "sit on the couch" and "stare down" proclivities.

It's just effing weak, all the way across the board. If things don't pick up soon, I'll sell the Wii U and keep my venerable Wii, crippled though she be, running as long as I can. I'd have been happier of they kept the old console and stuck better graphics and a faster CPU in it.
voodoozen likes this.

What I can afford, when I can afford it...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 49 Old 07-03-2013, 06:54 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 32
I'm sadly (regrettably, even) right there with you. Wii is still my favorite console of the last 10 years, but it's a dusty wasteland relegated to backlog-clearing status these days.

I know there's a lot of Wii U fans out there, and a slate of potentially awesome first party games coming down the line, but at this stage in the Wii U's life it's just not a console I need to own. Seeing Ninty continue to gimp the Wii and ignore it is very disappointing- Reggie made a reference the other day to Wii as a good console for "late adopters" with "significant advantages"... but most of those advantages seem to be Wii BC on Wii U, rather than any kind of support for folks who are late to the party.

PS2 was a force to be reckoned with far into the PS3's lifespan, and really was a true competitor to both the Gamecube and Wii- Sony didn't just throw out table scraps and then turn their backs while they promoted their newest Big Thing, they sent ports of major titles for YEARS (heck, Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 released in Oct 2012!), not to mention releasing amazing revisions every couple of years that were lighter and thinner. Wii hardware, on the other had, got... shamefully downgraded. First we lost gamecube BC, then Nintendo released the nearly- useless (but absolutely beautiful) Wii Mini, a Canadian & EU exclusive SKU that couldn't go online, didn't have an SD card slot, doesn't play Gamecbe games and only has composite output... none of the hardware revisions to Wii have done anything to offer "significant advantages" to late adopters, and outside of a few Nintendo Select releases, there's been a craptastic modest release of games that would draw gamers into the Wii since 2010.

I don't like bashing on the Big N, they're the only company still making games just to have fun, I love them dearly and still wait anxiously for everything they publish like a kid nervously trying to sleep on Christmas Eve, but it's hard not to find more to complain about than rave about these days. Letting the Wii slide into second class status so apathetically has soured my taste for their products, plain and simple.

Luckily, I've still got a NES, GB, SNES, GBA, N64, Gamecube and Wii sitting around to whisk me back to Nintendo Nostalgialand whenever reality gets too depressing.

[edit] seems an appropriate place to leave this:
post #3 of 49 Old 07-03-2013, 07:07 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Liked: 1349
Yeah, the Wii really was a great system in it's early years. It always felt to me like the start of something big, that they had just scratched the surface of what motion controls could do, and that the Wii 2 would take it to the next level. Unfortunately they second guessed themselves and came out with a console that doesn't differentiate itself enough from the rest of the pack. The console hardware itself isn't really the issue, but the gamepad was a huge blunder. It adds so much to the sticker price, actively scares away casuals, and isn't really that compelling on its own....it's really preventing the Wii U from making an effective case as a "second console."

Going forward with their next console, they need to commit more strongly in one direction or the other.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
post #4 of 49 Old 07-03-2013, 08:48 AM
AVS Special Member

I don't know why Nintendo moved away from motion controls either. Both Sony and MS are keeping it going.

The Wii U is just a bad idea. I don't know what they were thinking. They saw tablets and designed a tablet-like thing with NONE of the advantages of a tablet. The Wii U GamePad is not convenient, portable, or flexible like a tablet. It's just a huge controller. I like the off-screen gaming aspect of it but that's not a system seller.

Then they claimed they were courting 3rd parties and released hardware that can't run new games.
post #5 of 49 Old 07-03-2013, 08:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 34
The Wii U should have had at least WindwakerHD as a bundle package at launch. They should have GameCube controller compatibility, or at least an adapter. If they had done that, I would own one right now.
post #6 of 49 Old 07-03-2013, 09:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 49
It's not like they abandoned motion controls altogether. You guys know Wiimotes still work with the Wii U, right? They're present in Nintendo Land (fantastic in the Metroid minigame) and Pikmin 3 was being primarily shown off with Wiimote pointer control. I'm not holding my breath to see how well supported Sony and MS support motion controls going forward.

Not that I don't agree Wii U hasn't been bungled, but again, it's still early. And honestly at this point I'm not sure WHAT they could do or could have done to make the the thing appealing, beyond fanboy armchairisms like 'Make it as powerful as the PS4 supporting every controller ever made and Mario/Zelda/Metroid at launch and exclusive games from every third party also I only want to pay $200.' I'm skeptical how well the PS4 and X1 will do too. The latter until it pulled a complete 180 regarding its DRM policies was shaping up to be far more of a mess than the Wii U, and the former's main selling point was "It's not an XboxOne and also it's $100 cheaper than an XboxOne." I think we're going to see, for the first year or two at least, that the large majority of consumers are perfectly happy with PS3-level graphics.

Also, it'd be nice if Nintendo kept supporting the original Wii, but we have to be realistic. They simply don't have the resources that their giant competitors do. Hell, they're already at a disadvantage supporting both a home console and a portable (still not counting Sony as supporting the Vita), if they need to pull a few resources to end support of all those weird channels on the original Wii that -- sorry FileCat -- practically nobody uses, I can't really blame them.
post #7 of 49 Old 07-03-2013, 09:49 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Well, the Wiimote is supported, but it's not packed in. I haven't seen anything huge that fundamentally requires it, like Wii Sports or skyward sword.

The only thing I can see that can make the Wii U appealing is a bunch of huge new ideas and games. Something to get you to run out and buy it like Wii Sports...and by that I don't mean Wii sports 2, but something so radically unique and awesome that it compels you to buy it for that one game. There's no way they're going to pull that off if they keep playing it so safe with the remakes and sequels.

post #8 of 49 Old 07-03-2013, 09:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 199
Other than the Nintendo Channel, nothing is going away that I ever used more than once or twice. A lot of what's going away didn't even work unless you turned WiiConnect24 on which left your Wii constantly hot.

At least the Wii Shop seems to have a future. Surely it's more than paying for its upkeep and it still is receiving new downloads. Even the original Virtual Console, once given up for dead after something like a year of inactivity, is still kicking although it has been down to about 1 Neo Geo download a month recently after the pace seemed to be two for a while.

And I doubt the popular streaming apps require Nintendo to function (Other than the Nintendo Channel, obviously). If Nintendo were to shut everything down right now, likely just our ability to redownload things like Netflix would be affected.
Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoozen View Post

Seeing Ninty continue to gimp the Wii and ignore it is very disappointing- Reggie made a reference the other day to Wii as a good console for "late adopters" with "significant advantages"... but most of those advantages seem to be Wii BC on Wii U, rather than any kind of support for folks who are late to the party.

What puzzles me is 100 million Wii's, excellent backwards compatibility on the Wii U, a solid 2012 Christmas season for the 6 year old Wii, and a redesign slowly being rolled out worldwide. Yet the Nintendo Selects lineup died back in 2011 that could be providing games at a economical price to play on these devices. They have a gold mine of modern classics that they could be rereleasing for $20 at retail to sell to these people yet they're just ignoring it. If you're lucky you will locate something like Mario Kart Wii for $40. And many popular classics like the later releases of Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Skyward Sword largely seem gone from retail.

If someone were to buy the stripped down Wii redesign in 2013, you're going to be hard pressed just to locate quality games at B&M retail stores where you likely make most of your videogame purchases to play on it. And besides the existing Nintendo Selects lineup from 2011 that seems to still be available and occasional deals like Donkey Kong Country Returns (Which seems widely available and usually for $30 new), you'd likely be paying close to original MSRP for what you can find.

Wouldn't $20 Nintendo Selects reprintings of their big hitters from the Wii generation make sense now? Give Wii owners something to play (Both new Wii owners and those that missed their opportunity originally that still play on the system) and provide Wii U owners with a stream of excellent games to play to tide them over during the long gaps between Wii U releases.
Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoozen View Post

PS2 was a force to be reckoned with far into the PS3's lifespan, and really was a true competitor to both the Gamecube and Wii- Sony didn't just throw out table scraps and then turn their backs while they promoted their newest Big Thing, they sent ports of major titles for YEARS (heck, Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 released in Oct 2012!), not to mention releasing amazing revisions every couple of years that were lighter and thinner.

And it's not quite done yet. This year's FIFA is slated to see a PS2 release. smile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisOneKidMongo View Post

It's not like they abandoned motion controls altogether. You guys know Wiimotes still work with the Wii U, right? They're present in Nintendo Land (fantastic in the Metroid minigame) and Pikmin 3 was being primarily shown off with Wiimote pointer control. I'm not holding my breath to see how well supported Sony and MS support motion controls going forward.

Nobody seems to want to release something tailored around them that requires it just to function though. Asymmetrical multiplayer and optional controls are nice and all. But the cream of the motion crop are the games designed around motion and everyone seems loath to do such a project on the Wii U between its sluggish sales performance and the failure to bundle in the necessary controllers so everyone is guaranteed to have what they need out of the box.
Quote:
Originally Posted by filecat13 View Post

Internet Channel: even more worthless than before, with browsers discontinued, not working, or working poorly.

Browsers? I thought there was just one browser on the Wii?

And while I can see how they could end your ability to redownload it from the Wii Shop, I assume it still functions as poorly as ever. I really doubt it relies upon something server side at Nintendo just to browse things like internet forums once the browser has been downloaded and installed on your Wii.
post #9 of 49 Old 07-03-2013, 09:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I think we're going to see, for the first year or two at least, that the large majority of consumers are perfectly happy with PS3-level graphics.

I disagree with this, but that's an aside. The only reason why I mentioned power was because 3rd parties want to put their games everywhere. Besides the fact that it's not even that straightforward to port from a 360/PS3 to Wii U (which is mind-boggling), the Wii U has no hope of playing next gen games. So now it will miss out on lots of great 3rd party games. So once again it's up to Nintendo to prop up the system by itself. The problem is that the games aren't good enough yet. As bd2003 points out they basically need to catch lightning in a bottle again, and they didn't do that with Nintendoland so what's next? It's not Pikmin 3 as good as that looks.

FWIW I have noticed a lot of Nintendo fanboys really loved and still love the GC, and I wonder if it's not because it had solid 3rd party games in between the Nintendo releases.
post #10 of 49 Old 07-03-2013, 10:25 AM
AVS Special Member

I imagine the GameCube having a solid couple of years of multiplatform support before it started to putter out in 2004 probably helps its reputation these days.

During that time if there was a game on both the PS2 and the Xbox, chances are it was also on the GameCube and even performed a bit better than its PS2 counterpart. And 3rd parties would still release excellent exclusives on the GameCube as well like Resident Evil 4 before it eventually went multiplatform. Was the first and so far only time since the Super Nintendo days where a Nintendo console performed well, even if it was just briefly, in the 3rd party department.

I'm a Nintendo fan but I'm not blind where they're concerned. Probably the reason why I love the GameCube so much these days is the Game Boy Player. A good number of their 1st party releases didn't grab me like the Wave Race sequel and I was mostly a Xbox guy where multiplatform releases are concerned. But the ability to play the entire Game Boy range on my tv including GBC and GBA games for the first time was something I loved (Until around 2005, Nintendo handheld screens were never good enough for me).

I had my Super Game Boy for the Super Nintendo which was great for original Game Boy games. But finally being able to enjoy all the great 2D games on the Game Boy Advance will be what I most remember the GameCube for.
post #11 of 49 Old 07-03-2013, 10:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Did the GC really have good third-party support? I seem to remember Nintendo getting lambasted for releasing first-party-only consoles ever since the N64. Wasn't that why it was such a big deal that Capcom announced that slew of games that included Viewtiful Joe, PN03, etc., only half of which ended up being any good.

I do agree Wii U is pretty much dead in the water already on that front. Nintendo's "attract third parties" strategy seemed to be "hope the Wii U is super successful and everyone wants to make games for it" and "hope everyone wants to make creative, innovative games that take advantage of our weird controller super well." Neither of which is exactly panning out.
post #12 of 49 Old 07-03-2013, 10:38 AM
AVS Special Member

The GameCube got a lot of good 3rd party exclusives or saw games be released there first. And an awful lot of the third party stuff from major publishers like Activision, Electronic Arts, and Ubisoft would see release on the GameCube. And the games often outperformed their PS2 counterparts and would look almost as nice as the Xbox versions. Sometimes games would arrive a bit later on the GameCube though. But occasionally that extra time was put to good use.

Probably the biggest games that didn't appear during its best years were the Grand Theft Auto series. But they weren't even originally multiplatform. And by the time they first appeared on the Xbox in late 2003, the GameCube's best days were coming to a end and the system was facing a decline that quickly started shortly afterwards during 2004 that would leave the system all but dead within a year with just the occasional game (And Twilight Princess) to look forward to with cancellations filling the news. And I imagine the amount of space on a GCN disc was getting pretty cramped for such large games by that time.

But during its first couple of years and into 2004, the most common complaint I can remember with 3rd party releases was the C stick not being good enough for first person shooters. A lot of the stuff that would appear on the PS2/Xbox appeared here. And a good number of PS2 or Xbox releases would see their only other release on the GameCube. Particularly from Japanese publishers like Capcom.
post #13 of 49 Old 07-03-2013, 11:00 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Did the GC really have good third-party support? I seem to remember Nintendo getting lambasted for releasing first-party-only consoles ever since the N64. Wasn't that why it was such a big deal that Capcom announced that slew of games that included Viewtiful Joe, PN03, etc., only half of which ended up being any good.

I do agree Wii U is pretty much dead in the water already on that front. Nintendo's "attract third parties" strategy seemed to be "hope the Wii U is super successful and everyone wants to make games for it" and "hope everyone wants to make creative, innovative games that take advantage of our weird controller super well." Neither of which is exactly panning out.

Yeah, GC definitely had good 3rd party support, probably better than the Xbox 1. The capcom thing was a big deal because a third party releasing that many exclusives in a short timeframe was really unusual, even back then.

post #14 of 49 Old 07-03-2013, 11:57 AM
AVS Special Member

The Gamecube is definitely an underrated gem in Nintendo's history of console gaming. Interestingly enough, many of the GC's notable titles have held and even increased their value as compared to PS2 and Xbox games.

Too many systems and games....not enough time or money!

post #15 of 49 Old 07-03-2013, 12:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

Yeah, GC definitely had good 3rd party support, probably better than the Xbox 1. The capcom thing was a big deal because a third party releasing that many exclusives in a short timeframe was really unusual, even back then.

This I don't agree with.

The GameCube got good support from Capcom. But the Xbox got support from Japanese publishers that the GameCube didn't get much from. A lot of Sega games appeared on the Xbox like Outrun that never did on the GameCube (With few examples that appeared on the GameCube but not on the Xbox), Konami gave the Xbox a lot more support, and Tecmo did as well with things like Fatal Frame. Not sure about Square and my impression was that Namco gave them about equal attention. And Western publishers seemed to give the Xbox more love.

And not only did I think the 3rd party lineup was better (Although it certainly paled compared to the PS2), the Xbox versions tended to be the best. While the popular PS2 limited its advantages somewhat since developers naturally tend to code for the lowest common denominator especially when it dominates the marketplace, Xbox builds tended to still look nicer than the other two (And had more instances of progressive scan and/or 16:9 support), load faster thanks to the hard drive, and have superior online connectivity (And excluding the PS2, there was virtually nothing on the GCN despite modem accessories). And Xbox versions tended to appear simultaneously with the PS2 version where as the GameCube increasingly started to see its releases lag behind for multiplatform releases. And the Xbox seemed to get support from 3rd parties a bit longer than the GameCube did.

And their releases lagged behind, but the Xbox had versions of the biggest new gaming phenomena of that generation (At least in the US & Canada); Grand Theft Auto III, Vice City, and San Andreas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonyeuw View Post

The Gamecube is definitely an underrated gem in Nintendo's history of console gaming. Interestingly enough, many of the GC's notable titles have held and even increased their value as compared to PS2 and Xbox games.

The Wii seems set to follow that trend with its best 1st party releases.
post #16 of 49 Old 07-04-2013, 02:10 PM

Liked: 11
I grew up on Nintendo so this is really sad new. I wish it would have been able to keep up with Xbox and Playstation. I'm actually disappointed that it isnt keeping up since the latter parties are money hungry and don't care a whole lot about customer service.
post #17 of 49 Old 07-05-2013, 07:38 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 17
This turned into a Nintendoom thread fast

WiiU: moothemagiccow

PSN: moothemagiccow (duh)

post #18 of 49 Old 07-05-2013, 11:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 641
Quote:
Originally Posted by moothemagiccow View Post

is there any evidence outside of the usual, wait until mario 19, SSMB, etc.. games come out? what other evidence is there that N is headed down the right road?
post #19 of 49 Old 07-05-2013, 11:52 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I know that it's not love in the human sense, but I do love my Wii and the many hours of fun, family activity, and fitness that it's given me. It's just a fun console that has a nice personality, at least with the Nintendo-produced titles, and cheers me up whenever I use it.

My Wii U seems to have personality deficit, largely due to the lack of much content that interests me, and the absence of any compelling reason to visit it each day. It's an awkward, down-on-its-luck stranger, sitting in the corner.

Nintendo gave the impression it was trying to win back serious gamers, but it's given little evidence that it has a successful plan to do so. At the same time, it's completely left out in the cold that mass of Wii users who were casual gamers. These are people with money, too, and it's being left on the table.

Now that the Wii is being marginalized, my sense of things is changing from "can't wait to upgrade to the Wii U with new innovative titles" to "need to make sure I get everything I need to support and maintain my Wii to keep it running as long as possible" as the Wii U has not proven to be worth much to me as a casual gamer.

It's like Nintendo has gone on vacation and may not be back.

post #20 of 49 Old 07-05-2013, 11:56 AM
AVS Addicted Member

It's has to get worse before it can get better. I dunno if the Wii U will ever find its way, but I'm not really that worried about the fate of Nintendo. I just wish they'd hurry up and hit rock bottom already, so they can start their recovery.

post #21 of 49 Old 07-05-2013, 01:10 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by filecat13 View Post

I know that it's not love in the human sense, but I do love my Wii and the many hours of fun, family activity, and fitness that it's given me. It's just a fun console that has a nice personality, at least with the Nintendo-produced titles, and cheers me up whenever I use it.

My Wii U seems to have personality deficit, largely due to the lack of much content that interests me, and the absence of any compelling reason to visit it each day. It's an awkward, down-on-its-luck stranger, sitting in the corner.

Nintendo gave the impression it was trying to win back serious gamers, but it's given little evidence that it has a successful plan to do so. At the same time, it's completely left out in the cold that mass of Wii users who were casual gamers. These are people with money, too, and it's being left on the table.

Now that the Wii is being marginalized, my sense of things is changing from "can't wait to upgrade to the Wii U with new innovative titles" to "need to make sure I get everything I need to support and maintain my Wii to keep it running as long as possible" as the Wii U has not proven to be worth much to me as a casual gamer.

It's like Nintendo has gone on vacation and may not be back.

I just figured the thread would be about cutting Wii support. The channels aren't much of a loss to me.
I'm not a "serious gamer" but I'm on WiiU almost every day.

Personifying the console and the company seems really strange to me.
Leo_Ames likes this.

post #22 of 49 Old 07-06-2013, 11:18 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I just figured the thread would be about cutting Wii support. The channels aren't much of a loss to me.
I'm not a "serious gamer" but I'm on WiiU almost every day.

Personifying the console and the company seems really strange to me.

It shouldn't seem strange or at least not really strange. We do it all the time. People do it with their cars, their pets, their plants, their personal electronics, pieces of art, so no big deal. At least I didn't anthropomorphize it by giving it a gender, age, race, social status, name, etc. I just call it an "it" and bequeathed it with a "nice personality."

The title, The Death of the Wii, gives away the fact that there will be some personification here. Machines don't die. Nonetheless, we say that machines die, as though they had a life. It's a handy metaphor, nothing more.

So, when there are features that I use at least a couple times a week that no longer work, their absence seems like a sign of impending death. The platform's not as viable as before. The fact that some folks rarely or never use them is a nice personal check point, but the underlying reality is that the platform is less robust. The fact that this happens is a part of life a product's life cycle, and for some who've used it for a long time, it's a sort of sad passage to observe, particularly for those who aren't yet enthralled with the replacement.

post #23 of 49 Old 07-08-2013, 11:06 AM

Liked: 18
Thanks to disks and my Wii U I can still play Wii games with BC.
post #24 of 49 Old 10-11-2013, 09:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 60
I only recently got "into" wii.

I've had a PS3 since Nov 2006 but the kids never noticed.

I bought a Wii with 4 controller, 4 steering wheels, 3 games and a motion plus thing for $15 at a garage sale and we never turned if off for at least a week.

I like it so much ... I'm thinking I will get rid of the DreamCast that I just hang onto for no reason.

I love the Wii. My oldest wants to make me a Donkey Kong birthday cake this year.

If the Wii dies ... it's not dieing here.

I will certainly pick up a spare or two.

(And those channels that are gone? .... I never ever ever thought of using them.) (It would be nice if they could be removed from the interface though.)
post #25 of 49 Old 10-12-2013, 11:03 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

For $15 you can't go wrong. It's a great family console with lots of playability. My niece and nephew go wild on it.

Spares are a good idea but be sure you understand any limitations. If the HD goes out but the console still boots, you can transfer some data via SD card from one Wii to another, but if the whole unit dies, I'm not sure Nintendo is even doing any saving and transferring for you anymore, and if they do it's to a new console only. Of course, if you don't care about saving any data or transferring your Mii, it doesn't matter.

http://techforums.nintendo.com/thread/6235

post #26 of 49 Old 10-12-2013, 05:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Nintendo will retain your data whenever possible when a system is sent in for repair. Nothing has changed there.
post #27 of 49 Old 10-17-2013, 10:58 PM

Liked: 10
Channels gone, does this mean, you can't buy WIIware games anymore?
post #28 of 49 Old 10-17-2013, 11:19 PM
Advanced Member

Nah, Wii Shop Channel's still up and running. The News and Weather channels don't work anymore, and I think the voting channel too.

post #29 of 49 Old 10-17-2013, 11:23 PM

Liked: 10
Little bit of thread, but if you buy a game from the WII Shop. Where do you sve it? and how to keep the game if you sell your WII and buy another one?
Can you pay in the WII shop with credit card?
post #30 of 49 Old 10-17-2013, 11:28 PM
Advanced Member

It's saved onto the Wii's internal memory, which is quite small, I think 256MB. You can also save to an SD card.
Yes, you can pay with credit card in the wii shop.
If you sell your Wii, the games go with it. Your wii shop account is tied to that system.

Reply Nintendo

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page