Old 05-02-2014, 09:04 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 33

Time/Date: June 10, 12PM EST / 9AM PST
Stream: http://e3.nintendo.com or http://www.twitch.tv/nintendo
NOA Twitter(teasing and exclusive 'leaks' possible): https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica

Known games being shown:
  • Bayonetta 2
  • How to Train Your Dragon 2
  • Hyrule Warriors
  • LEGO Batman 3
  • One Piece Unlimited World
  • Skylanders Trap Team
  • Sonic Boom
  • Super Smash Bros. U
  • Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark
  • Watch_Dogs

Additional (unknown details/rumored) games to be shown:
  • Advance Wars 3D (believe it when I see Intelligent Systems standing next to Iwata)
  • Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
  • Nintendo Figurine Platform (NFC)
  • Pokémon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire
  • Pokkén Fighters/Tournament
  • Project Zero 5 (Fatal Frame)
  • Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem
  • Super Mario Galaxy 3
  • Yarn Yoshi
  • Zelda U

We do know that Nintendo has a 90 min press conference scheduled for a 'mystery' 3DS game; could be Adance Wars, could be Metroid, could be Majora's Mask... no clues yet.

As with 2013, there will be no Nintendo stage presentation, only a live streamed "Nintendo Digital Event" (I hope their servers don't suck this time): http://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/1z0zdhihwcoOoqsPcbaAnhQ_Pnmkh3od

UPDATE: Also showing live on Twitch, which does a lot better at handling streaming during peak demand
http://www.twitch.tv/nintendo

No new console announcement confirmed: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/461875/no-nintendo-hardware-reveal-at-e3-company-confirms/

Treehouse:
Quote:
Originally Posted by e3.nintendo.com 
This year, Nintendo will offer fans a deeper look at Nintendo’s biggest games of E3, with information directly from the source. The “Treehouse,” the Product Development department at Nintendo of America, will provide in-depth game demos live and unscripted from Nintendo’s booth. This new program will be live streamed during all hours of the E3 show. Fans can get settled in, open their browsers and experience the Nintendo games at E3 like never before.

Nintendo Treehouse: Live @ E3 is a new way to bring Nintendo fans closer to E3 than ever before. During all hours of E3 – which runs from June 10 to June 12 – members of the Treehouse, Nintendo of America’s Product Development division, will be live-streaming a wide variety of game demos directly from the show floor.

Fans will be getting an unprecedented look at all the E3 games Nintendo has to offer. Instead of reading a short tweet or catching a gameplay trailer, fans can watch live as members of the Treehouse give in-depth gameplay demos of new and previously unannounced titles. There will also be special guest appearances from developers who will provide in-depth game commentary, including an appearance by Shigeru Miyamoto on the afternoon of Tuesday, June 10th.

Keep your browser open to Twitch.tv/Nintendo beginning June 10th to make sure you don’t miss a minute of Nintendo Treehouse: Live @ E3, and follow @NintendoAmerica on Twitter for announcements about special guests, programming schedules and live updates.
Treehouse Live schedule:
  • Tuesday, June 10: 11:35 AM PT – 4:00 PM PT
  • Wednesday, June 11: 9:15 AM PT – 6:00 PM PT
  • Thursday, June 12: 9:30 AM PT – 5:00 PM PT

Smash Bros. Invitation Tournament ("Smash-Fest") onsite and at select Best Buy locations.
Watch the Super Smash Bros. Invitational Tournament live on Tuesday at 4 PM PT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by e3.nintendo.com 
In 2013, Nintendo broke new ground by expanding its E3 activities outside of the walls of the Los Angeles Convention Center and letting fans play some of the games being played on the show floor at participating Best Buy stores. The partnership between Nintendo and Best Buy continues in 2014 and will mark the first time around the world that fans have had the opportunity to get their hands on Super Smash Bros. for Wii U.

UPDATE: Website updatedhttp://e3.nintendo.com/invitational/info.html

EVEN BIGGER UPDATE: Official Wii U GCN controller adapter announced (no price yet)

Wonder if this means that more HD remakes are coming, and could support the GCN controller?

Play Nintendo Teaser Video:

VDZ's predictions:

1. Retro is developing.... nothing! Or at least nothing that's being announced. 1,000 bonus points if they announce a new Retro game that's NOT a legacy Ninty IP re-imagined (save "Metroid Prime: HD", then I'm sold)
2. Zelda U not shown at all.
2b. If any Zelda is shown, it'll be Majora's Mask 3DS [/wishful thinking]

UPDATE
: I'm obviously not an oracle- Aonuma has said he's talking Zelda U at E3. Even though that quote is basically bait for Zelda fans... 2b could still be accurate, however.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashable.com 
Can you tell us anything about the Wii U Zelda game?

AONUMA: I'll say more at E3 2014.
3. Only gameplay vids of Q3-Q4 release titles, no playable demos outside previously known titles (MK8, Bayo 2, X, Smash, maybe Animal Crossing U)
4. QoL details will be underwhelming, and take up WAY too much time
5. Basically, no megatons. Mostly gameplay vids.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2014, 04:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 211
If Wii U is going to have an original Zelda, I don't see why it wouldn't be unveiled to coincide with this event. It will give them their usual well over a year period to take advantage of it for marketing purposes before releasing it during the Wii U's twilight in the Fall of 2015.

If we don't see it officially unveiled sometime during the next few months, I believe that the Wii U will be the first Nintendo platform besides the Virtual Boy to not see an original Zelda be released for it. Even the Game & Watch line got a Zelda...
Old 05-06-2014, 10:44 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

They'll have a Zelda U... I think, at least, but I have no clue when- only that it'll be later than when they needed it and nothing like fans demand wink.gif

I know, I know, Zelda fans are fickle and all that... but then you look at what just one guy was able to do recreating the Temple of Time in UE4, and realize that Ninty is still behind in HD development vs. the current gen teams.

X7CPCd3.jpg

http://vimeo.com/93897087

Ninty art-style points notwithstanding - I'm not a graphics guy in ANY sense of the word, and will always prefer when games are 'games', and don't try to be movies- Nintendo hasn't really given us any indication that they have more than just Wii up-ports and retreads, which could be hard to overcome this E3 if the other consoles have the surprises that you'd expect.

I just want to see something that's at least reaching for a higher (aka current) standard of fidelity; the Wii U hardware can take it, as I understand the tech... Overdoing browns and grays and shading/lighting doesn't make a next gen game, but having someone who at least can think like this on the team seems like a good idea. It's not as "Zelda" as the Zelda U tech demo, but it's pretty darn good considering it's made entirely from scratch. Imagine what someone with access to N's art assets and hardware could do? Imagine what one of the current crop of great indie dev teams could do if given a Retro-esque shot with a franchise?...

Or they could just announce more GCN games ported to HD, I guess.
Old 05-06-2014, 06:24 PM
AVS Special Member

I'd rather it looked like this Link Between Worlds concept art. smile.gif

That said, if they're going to have Zelda U and they stick to their normal practice for major console Zelda's by revealing it well over a year before release to hype it for everything it's worth, it has to have the lid taken off it this year I think. And the console could certainly use the news and excitement.

Hard to imagine Zelda U in 2016 being anything but a wasted opportunity on a console that barely is kicking even now (And one where I don't think it's out of the question will be replaced by the end of 2015). And a surprise release this Fall is unlikely so soon after Wind Waker U, a Zelda crossover release upcoming, and with Super Smash Brothers 4 on the calendar (and MK8 hopefully still selling well later this year). They're going to need this title to prop up their 2015 lineup.

That calls for a reveal this year, so I imagine it will likely be the cornerstone of whatever sort of event they do for E3 this year like a Nintendo Direct video with a Fall 2015 release likely in mind. Or if we're lucky, they'll shorten the hype period a bit and maybe we'll get it come next May like how Wind Waker originally was a late winter/early spring release over a decade ago.

And as a side bet, I suspect we'll see Majora's Mask 3D be released as the Zelda swan song for the 3DS right around the same time this hopefully hits stores.
Old 05-07-2014, 06:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 138
It's time for Nintendo to give their CEO the boot. And its time to reboot Nintendo. Completely lost touch with their consumer, piss poor hardware that nobody wants.

I actually think now is the perfect time for them to release a new powerful system.

The PS4 and Xbone are a complete disappointment to me. They do not feel next gen at all. With a slight hardware bump from both of them, they are still barely able to do a measly 1080p. There is no excuse for any new system to not be able to do a min of 1080p/60 on ALL games.

Piss poor controllers from both. Xbox one has horrible controller range. A Kinect that is useless to anyone with a TV more then 9' from a console. The PS4's horrible controller battery and imho age old design from the 90's that needs to die. Media wise they are more concerned with forcing their own media services down our throats vs giving us what we really want - DLNA devices like the PS3/360 could do. Neither one is thinking outside the box this generation (maybe Sony with VR, maybe Xbone with their Kinect controlled TV gimmick that nobody wanted) and there doesn't seem to be anything about them that makes anyone gotta have them. I'm talking GAMES, their sole purpose of existence. The entire ecosystem is really all about themselves and how to generate money from non gaming services, they have lost focus on the core gamer (despite what Sony claims) . Anyways, I could go on but you get the point.... only my opinion of course.

So, this is a huge reach here obviously, but if Nintendo came out with a really powerful system that blew the doors off of MS and Sony, nobody would see it coming. Sony and MS are now committed to their designs for at least 5years. I think the big N is really in a unique position now to stomp on the other two. But it is a huge risk. Core gamers will always migrate towards the latest greatest Tech - assuming they are of course GAMES for it. Which has been Nintendo's issue for years.

Of course its not that simple. Nintendo has always been known as the "cheap console" and a powerful system would cost 599? alienating some of their Walmart shoppers. After Sony did that years ago, people are concerned with that price point. Then again, if they design now, and release it 2015, a 499 price point with powerful hardware should be possible. They will need to go after the hard core gamer again. Forget the casual gamer. They abandoned Nintendo anyways, like we all predicted, but their strategy now just isn't working. Go back to their roots. There is no reason why they can't have their indie/motion games and whatnot as well of course, but we need to move past the kiddie games image. Don't get rid of them because hey they still sell, but we need more then Mario and Zelda.

It's either that, or for Nintendo's sake, abandon the console hardware market entirely, go software only and release their games on the PS4 and Xbone. They should be able to at least run Mario Kart at 1080p on both!

Just my wacky Wednesday rant.
Old 05-07-2014, 08:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Yes, that is a wacky rant. And some of us don't like to be called morons. mad.gif

What I can afford, when I can afford it...
Old 05-07-2014, 10:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 138
Sorry, but if you are reading things here you aren't who I'm referring too.

regardless edited.
Old 05-07-2014, 05:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Definitely time for some new blood and I think it's clear that his time is short over there barring a miraculous turnaround over the rest of the year. Japanese must be more patient since I think he'd of gotten the boot by now if it was based in the West.

Even if it isn't his fault, as the CEO, he'd typically be the one that has to shoulder the bulk of the blame even if everything had been out of his hands (Which clearly isn't the case, he's had more say than anyone with getting Nintendo to this position). I think they're going to eventually want someone to blame and he'll be shown the door.
Old 05-08-2014, 10:16 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

I'd be literally (pleasantly?) shocked to see Zelda U, but you do have a point about timing- waiting too much longer is going to net them little in terms of positive PR. Problem is the hype cycle, Zelda is so prone to fanboys on both sides going off the rails at every hint of news then, regardless of the final product, no one seems to like it until a couple of years later. C'est La Zelda.

I think with MK8 being the only major release this year until Smash hits stores, a little teaser is about all they'd do for Zelda at E3. Wouldn't be smart to take too much momentum away from the only thing they can actually deliver right now.

3DS could still have a couple of surprises, but I'm not sure what they're planning there... It's the only thing that's selling for them, but I hear so little about anything outside the Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire remakes and the yet-to-be-announced NFC figure thing, which I assume we'll see a lot of at E3.

If anything, I honestly expect a long, hard sales pitch on the QoL stuff. Maybe not the device itself, but something that's aimed at getting some excitement behind it... Because there's none right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by newfmp3 View Post

wacky Wednesday rant

As to a new Nintendo console, I'm really hoping they go the exact opposite direction; half of the reason that Ninty has been so successful is based on the value of their systems, especially when compared to their competition. Ignoring the 3DS's initial failure and rebound after the price drop, Wii U is a great example of what people don't want from Nintendo. The $349 price point caused people to scoff and pass on the system from Day 1, popping out a $500+ console would be suicide. Steamboxes (lol), PS4 and XBONE are the high water mark right now, and that's not likely to change even if the Nintendo box was 100% badass, mind melting specs. Plus no one would be ready to develop games for it, ESPECIALLY Nintendo, which is the #1 reason to buy a N system. You'd end up with an immediate lull or outright drought like we're seeing from Sony and MS. Or they could join forces with Steam and blow everyone's minds.... but that's never gonna happen.

If it were me rather than Iwata, I'd be aiming for a $200 or lower price point, a system that's super tiny, sleek, and HD ready, similar to VitaTv. Let it talk to and share/stream content straight from your 3DS/WiiU, track progress with the still-nebulous QoL device daily via wifi or NFC, give the VC library a massive update (aka things like GBA, Gamecube and DS games) and let the box play anything you own that's connected to your Nintendo Network ID.

Let it use the Classic controller, CC Pro, Wii U gamepad or 3ds as a controller -again, like VitaTV with a vita or DS3- and it's a no brainer purchase... It's ready to go out of the box in minutes, and it works with the s#it you already own (parents rejoice). And it's insanely portable, so once Nintendo figures out how to make a PS+ like service, they'd sell sell one these to everyone. Kids can take it to a friend's, Grandma's house, or just to a different room when someone wants the TV. And I'd KILL to have access to all my games while sitting in a hotel for work travel. It's really the reason my PSP is so handy, I ripped all my old PS1 games that I've never finished and I can play them on a plane, at the hotel, in the toilet, anywhere. If I owned a PS4 and Vita I'd be all over remote play , but playing games on a real TV would win out, no question.

I'm glad to see them doing more things like the freshly announced Mario Kart 8 TV web portal, which is a huge leap into courting the trophy and gamerscore crowd, it'll add a lot of interaction for gamers, I just hope they don't screw it up and gimp it in the way they're prone to do lately (Wii mini).

http://www.engadget.com/2014/05/07/nintendo-smartphone-portal/

We'll have a lot to see at E3, but it seems like the slew of pre-E3 announcements this week are going to take a lot of wind out of their sails when the presentation actually happens. I know that financial briefing was 100% awful news, but I have my doubts that they're changing anything by blowing all their announcements now and hoping to distract folks.

It's two different crowds, you need fans to be excited first, then the investors will get the message. Investors aren't going to do much if anything until they see people buying...
Old 05-13-2014, 10:28 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Fresh from the investor Q&A, Nintendo is teasing us again, this time not about QOL hardware (they also "already have a clear idea to some extent about the direction our next hardware is going to take"):

"The titles we are preparing to show you at E3 vary from being nearly complete to still in the early phases of development but with the core of its appeal noticeable"

Here's to hoping that "nearly complete" means Zelda, and "early phases" means a new Metroid.

Expanded quote:
Quote:
As to whether our philosophy has changed or not, the basic idea that consumers reluctantly purchase hardware only because they want to play with appealing software remains unchanged. I only mentioned the Wii U software “Mario Kart 8” and “Super Smash Bros. for Wii U” today, but of course, we are going to talk about other Wii U titles at E3 (Electronic Entertainment Expo) in Los Angeles in June. Also, our internal software development teams directed by Shigeru Miyamoto (Senior Managing Director and General Manager of Entertainment Analysis & Development Division) are committed to developing several titles that focus on offering unique experiences only made possible with the Wii U GamePad in order for a large number of people to understand the Wii U GamePad’s significance. The titles we are preparing to show you at E3 vary from being nearly complete to still in the early phases of development but with the core of its appeal noticeable. Therefore, our strategy of focusing on software has not changed.

Full link:
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/library/events/140508qa/index.html
Old 06-02-2014, 09:21 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Call-Duty-Advanced-Warfare-Listed-Wii-U-E3-Website-64420.html

Looks like CoD could be on the list of Wii U as well: although it's never been talked about officially by Activision, there was the Wii U logo on the game's official website a while back...
Old 06-04-2014, 10:44 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

And... another pre-E3 announcement, this time a 3DS title from Natsume:

https://twitter.com/Natsume_Inc/status/473860273564966912/photo/1
Quote:
We're proud to announce the next title in the farming-RPG Harvest Moon series! Harvest Moon: The Lost Valley (3DS)

That's yet another reveal in advance of E3, and, outside of Sonic: Boom, I can't think of any other 3rd party that will be showing games for Ninty hardware this year off the top of my head. IMO, based on the large amount of coverage they've scheduled for next week, this will either be an Earth-shattering return to form for Nintendo, or a live-on-the-internet 72 hours snooze fest (ok, except for the Smash Bros tourney in the middle). Man, I hope it's the former... But they've already revealed quite a bit, we've seen:
  • NFC figurines
  • DS games coming to Wii U eShop
  • Hyrule Warriors
  • Basically all the characters in SSB
  • Pokemon Ruby/Saphire remakes
  • Sonic Boom
  • Harvest Moon
  • Gamecube controller adapter

and hinted at more, like Mario vs. Donkey Kong U. Other than showing a new Zelda or Metroid (which would be great), what else is up those magical sleeves of theirs? I'd hate to see 50 minutes of rehashing and only 10 minutes for the lone awesome Hail Mary game available Christmas 2015!...

It's almost as if they've decided to say what everyone has been accusing them of since this gen started... "Look, we all know that no one's making games for Wii U- and to a lesser degree the 3DS. Y'all bought Nintendos to play Mario and Zelda. We tried something different, but EA pulled support looong ago, and the whole 'Indies gamez!' thing has been DOA on our devices, apparently no one wants to play anything but Nintendo games on a Nintendo system.

So this time we're done with the cleverly worded chicanery of the last few investor meetings and E3 announcements; just come to our tent and we'll show you the Nintendo games we've managed to scrape together since last year. They're good if not great, and let's be honest, that's probably enough to keep you buying our games until we figure out this whole "next gen" vs. "QoL" thing. Arigato!
"
Old 06-04-2014, 02:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Call of Duty isn't too big of a surprise given past support. Nice to see it continuing.

Harvest Moon is a confusing situation. Apparently Natsume is just the Western publisher and translator of these titles. They've now ended their relationship with the Japanese developer behind the series, but since they own the Harvest Moon title, they've struck out on their own. Meanwhile, the Japanese publisher is continuing like normal and their latest title in the franchise has been picked up by XSEED for localization and won't carry the Harvest Moon name.

So Harvest Moon fans should have two 3DS releases coming up of interest.
Old 06-04-2014, 09:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Here's Japan's first DS Wii U Virtual Console release. And it's free.

I'm curious how it compares to the original. Does it seem identical?
Old 06-05-2014, 07:42 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Ames View Post

Here's Japan's first DS Wii U Virtual Console release. And it's free.

I'm curious how it compares to the original. Does it seem identical?

I don't speak much Japanese and read exactly none... but I do have Brain Age, and it looks the same to me. You hold the DS sideways (like a book) so this layout makes sense... essentially the TV isn't used for the VC port? Weird choice, but hey, it's a start.
Old 06-05-2014, 02:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Nice to see this happen despite not being the most suitable choice for a console release. I'll be ignoring anything though that primarily tasks me with looking at the gamepad screen like the Zelda's or this.

Just as it appears they did here, I hope they think this all the way through for each release since many of these will require some level of customization. Something as simple as failing to assign a touch screen input to perhaps one of the unused Wii U triggers for your spare item in New Super Mario Bros. or your camera controls in Super Mario 64 DS could take away significantly from these conversions. What was within an easy reach of a thumb on the DS touch screen will be inconveniently out of the way on the Wii U gamepad even if the 4:3 DS touch screen output is stretched to 16:9.

And NSMBDS could also benefit by detecting when Mario drops into a pipe (the action shifts to the lower screen in those instances) and switching automatically to displaying that on your tv instead of displaying the upper screen of the DS. Some homebrew emulators can already do this.

Or the dual screens in games like Contra 4 and Yoshi's Island DS. Going to need the option to stack one on top of the other on your tv to be able to enjoy those games where the playfield is spread across both screens. Will be heavily pillarboxed, but not much different than a 3:4 vertically oriented arcade game in a modern classic arcade compilation like Midway Arcade Origins.

And a screen flip button would be nice. Would be a shame for something like Mario Kart DS to not be able to be enjoyed in off-screen play in its Wii U form just because the lower touch screen is used in the menus.
Old 06-10-2014, 08:34 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Almost time... the latest news and rumors:
time.com
  • Star Fox U, Project Giant Robot, and Project Guard leaked by Time Magazine

http://nintendoeverything.com/zelda-midna-playable-in-hyrule-warriors/
  • Famitsu reportedly confirms Princess Zelda and Midna will be playable characters in Hyrule Warriors

https://twitter.com/jose_otero/status/476358200975835136
  • Watch Nintendo's E3 Digital Event on IGN. Stay for the post show, where Nintendo will show an exclusive Wii U game. http://www.ign.com/events/e3
Old 06-10-2014, 08:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked: 735
is that a new star fox or just a remaster?
Old 06-10-2014, 08:51 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin-benjami View Post

is that a new star fox or just a remaster?

I think new. Article and pictures are already down, but the internet captured everything:
Quote:
And the third project? A game Nintendo fans have been waiting for a very long time to see: Star Fox is back, only re-imagined on the Wii U using Miyamoto’s new Gamepad-based controls — controls that’ll ask of players things they’ve never had to do before in a video game. Whether they’ll come willing or balk remains to be seen, but Miyamoto is convinced he’s on to a control scheme that’s not only novel, but with practice, indispensable.

In his new version of Star Fox — still fundamentally a spaceship-based shooter — players now use the Gamepad’s motion controls to aim and fire the Arwing’s weapons, simultaneously controlling the nimble craft itself by thumbing the joysticks to accelerate or turn and pull off signature moves like barrel rolls, loops and the tactically essential Immelman turn. And you can still morph your Arwing into a land tank, rocketing down to the surface of a planet, then rattling around the battlefield and laying waste to the landscape.

google cached version: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:6XvrWBkoPrAJ:time.com/2850146/shigeru-miyamoto-nintendo-interview/+&cd=11&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Theory is that the embargo was until 10am PST, then TIME got their times wrong and posted at 10am EST (the irony that TIME had the wrong time is quite funny, actually)
Old 06-10-2014, 09:32 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Youtube stream has gone live!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCZ734RshPA
Old 06-10-2014, 10:02 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

HOLY CRAP ITS ROBOT CHICKEN!
Old 06-10-2014, 10:05 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Leading off with Smash, they're playing as their Mii's but in Nintendo character costumes and power ups. And the NFC figurines work with the game.

Different types detailed: Brawler Miis fight get up close ,swordfighters are weapon masters, gunner has ranged attacks. Each class has its own 36 specific moves.

3DS version of SSB delayed to October

NFC figures called "Amiibo", figurines will store player stats and data.

MK8 will also use Amiibo

Lots of talking... Reggie's out, and new games coming up.

"Yoshi's Wooly World" is official, not a sequel to Kirby's Epic Yarb
No timer, yarn rolls and unravels, including Yoshi.

2-player. Yoshi's can eat each other and use the second player as a projectile.

Captain Toad Treasure Tracker - New Toad 3D adventure game, "holiday 2014"
Old 06-10-2014, 10:21 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

ZELDA INCOMING

Aonuma: "We started with Zelda for NES. We wanted to create an expansive world"

Sounds like it's nearly Xenoblade-level open world, you can approach areas from any direction.

v3vYgSk.jpg
0T74HWE.jpg
freemeat likes this.
Old 06-10-2014, 10:28 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Some generic Pokemon Ruby/Saphire play vids

Bayo2 trailer - looks good! And some cool Nintendo branding in there (Samus' helmet, Zelda 'secret' sound clip)

Bayo 1 included with Bayo 2!

Hyrule Warriors:

Link, Zelda, Impa, Midna all confirmed as playable. Apparently a lot more coming from the Zelda universe

New Kirby game for Wii U: Kirby Rainbow Curse. Look good, lots of DS-like gamepad use, tho (very Canvas Curse-y)
Old 06-10-2014, 10:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 558
Woke up right as the Zelda portion began. Who needs Coffee?

Hype for the game is massive, but that reveal was weak. They should have gone for a Twilight Princess style reveal...

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
Include your AVS username in the friend request.
Old 06-10-2014, 10:34 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PENDRAG0ON View Post

Woke up right as the Zelda portion began. Who needs Coffee?

Hype for the game is massive, but that reveal was weak. They should have gone for a Twilight Princess style reveal...

I have to agree with you. I like the art style, it's somewhere between TP and SS, looks like what Nintendo should target, not overly real
Old 06-10-2014, 10:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Liked: 195
Can't watch the livestream, but any word on the timeline for the new Zelda? (2015? 2016?) I'm sure I'll be picking up a Wii U around then. :P

I'm actually a little intrigued by the new Star Fox as well. I've only been watching from the sidelines mostly, so I don't know this for sure. It really seems though that this will be the first game in a while to really concentrate on the gamepad's unique features, which is probably something Nintendo needs badly right now.

XBL/Steam: JHoff80
Old 06-10-2014, 10:35 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Xenoblade Chronicles X, eleasing in 2015

Mario Maker, a Super Mario Bros editor? WOW! Didn't see that one coming. That could be a lot of fun, and I can imagine the online sharing will be amazing, ala Little Big Planet. You can choose between the 8-bit Mario and the NSMBW style, not sure if you can mix and match on the same level

Some kind of paintball-come-squid game, Splatoon, an online shooter coming 2015
DmTodbJ.jpg
Old 06-10-2014, 10:36 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post

Can't watch the livestream, but any word on the timeline for the new Zelda? (2015? 2016?) I'm sure I'll be picking up a Wii U around then. :P

I'm actually a little intrigued by the new Star Fox as well. I've only been watching from the sidelines mostly, so I don't know this for sure. It really seems though that this will be the first game in a while to really concentrate on the gamepad's unique features, which is probably something Nintendo needs badly right now.

Old 06-10-2014, 10:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked: 586
Wow, any videos of the Zelda game out yet? Very nice art style. I hope the controls are back to traditional and not Wii Mote for sword swinging (or give the option for either).
Mario make could be very cool as well.