I got one!! Wii first impressions thread. - Page 11 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 12-01-2008, 01:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
This is interesting. On yahoo.com in their top 10 searches area #4 is nintendo wii games. (no other console is in that llist).

Got Talk (general discussion forum - someone add product reviews)

Got Zelda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2008, 01:04 PM

If anyone looking for a wii they are in stock at amazon sold by amazon, here is the link you better be fast
http://www.amazon.com/Wii-nintendo/d...9253998&sr=8-1

HD-DVD COUNT:141
BLU-RAY:192
X360 GAMERTAG:trickygmoney80
Old 12-15-2008, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmoney80 View Post

If anyone looking for a wii they are in stock at amazon sold by amazon, here is the link you better be fast
http://www.amazon.com/Wii-nintendo/d...9253998&sr=8-1

I saw the availability there yesterday and was able to pick one up for $249.99, new direct from Amazon. I see the lowest price is now $355 new from a third party!!
Old 12-16-2008, 12:53 PM
AVS Special Member

I had been shopping on craigslist for a Wii for my 9 yr old daughter, when I went into a gamestop and they had 2 of them, while I was buying one someone else came in and got the other. They are still a hot console.

I'll be looking forward to christmas night to be playing and cking it out.

I got here Wii play that came with an extra Wii mote and I got her an extra nunchuck...anything else I need to get started?

xbox live GT: xXmaximus prime
PSN: maximus_rr
I have to go, I have a meeting with the bobs, uhhh I wasnt aware of any meeting......yeah they called me at home
Old 12-16-2008, 01:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximuslcd View Post

I had been shopping on craigslist for a Wii for my 9 yr old daughter, when I went into a gamestop and they had 2 of them, while I was buying one someone else came in and got the other. They are still a hot console.

I'll be looking forward to christmas night to be playing and cking it out.

I got here Wii play that came with an extra Wii mote and I got her an extra nunchuck...anything else I need to get started?

If you plan on adding more than 2 players ever, another Wiimote/'Chuck would be decent (Wii will handle up to 4).

As to other accessories - well, the Wii is literally innundated with add ons - mostly 3rd party stuff & mostly useless!

Any "necessary" add-ons - like the Wii Wheel, Balance Board, Wii Speak mic - those come with Nintendo games.

Money does not buy happiness. It can, however, buy you a giant boat that you can pull up alongside happiness. - David Lee Roth

Old 12-21-2008, 05:22 PM
AVS Special Member

http://shopping.yahoo.com/seasonals/...008--784724867

All these other gamers make fun of the Wii and how "inferiror" it is to the other video game systems and a lot of people bash Sony tvs. Yet on that list of top products for 2008 the Wii is #2 and 2 of the others are sony HDTVs.

Meanwhile no xbox360, ps3, samsung tvs, etc... anywhere to be found.

Got Zelda
Old 12-21-2008, 05:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Yeah, take that, everyone on the Internet who's ever disagreed with Basher about what electronics are superiror. This random list of hot holiday products he found that happens to feature a couple of items he likes proves that everybody who doesn't like those items is stupid and wrong.

How is that a "Wii first impression"?
Old 12-21-2008, 07:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Oh ok simply look at sales figures then rather than my "random list". The Wii has almost outsold sony and microsoft COMBINED.

Got Zelda
Old 12-22-2008, 07:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 62
It's common knowledge that the Wii is the sales leader of this generation by a huge margin. But sales are just sales--they prove something sold a lot, and nothing more. By your logic, you must have LOVED Beverly Hills Chihuahua, since it must have been one of the best movies ever as it was #1 at the box office for a while.

Hell, I'm on your side. I think the Wii's the best console this gen. Its games, price, and even philosophy appeal the most to me. Can't you just like the damn thing for your own reasons, instead of needing to somehow "prove" it's the best? Implying that the Wii is objectively superior due to its sales figures, presence on a "Hot Holiday Gifts '08!!!" list or ranking on a second-rate search engine is embarrassing and ridiculous.
Old 12-22-2008, 08:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisOneKidMongo View Post

It's common knowledge that the Wii is the sales leader of this generation by a huge margin. But sales are just sales--they prove something sold a lot, and nothing more. By your logic, you must have LOVED Beverly Hills Chihuahua, since it must have been one of the best movies ever as it was #1 at the box office for a while.

Hell, I'm on your side. I think the Wii's the best console this gen. Its games, price, and even philosophy appeal the most to me. Can't you just like the damn thing for your own reasons, instead of needing to somehow "prove" it's the best? Implying that the Wii is objectively superior due to its sales figures, presence on a "Hot Holiday Gifts '08!!!" list or ranking on a second-rate search engine is embarrassing and ridiculous.

But.....but...Mongo....Yahoo said it was "the hottest"!

Money does not buy happiness. It can, however, buy you a giant boat that you can pull up alongside happiness. - David Lee Roth

Old 12-22-2008, 12:32 PM
AVS Special Member

wii >everything >superman64 > xbox360 >ps3

Got Zelda
Old 12-22-2008, 12:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Random note: I never noticed there is a classified ads system here. lol

Got Zelda
Old 12-23-2008, 11:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
If anyone is still looking for systems or know someone who is and you live in the Wilkes Barre, PA area, Walmart has about 20 in stock. I just left there and there display case was full.

PSN: Mobius570
XBL: Mobius570
Wii: Some silly number I can't locate
TWW
My Gaming Rig
Old 12-23-2008, 11:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobius_570 View Post

If anyone is still looking for systems or know someone who is and you live in the Wilkes Barre, PA area, Walmart has about 20 in stock. I just left there and there display case was full.

Was in my local (central CA) Best Buy this wknd - saw several people walking out w/ new Wiis. Not sure how long they lasted, though.

Old 12-23-2008, 12:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 32
I have seen several different stores, including one in a mall not last Saturday but the Saturday before, with Wiis in stock.

They're not "go to random store and pick one up" easy to find, but its nothing compared to last year or the year before.
Old 05-05-2009, 12:10 AM

Amazon still has them stock, i've just ordered one. This is my first new consule in years, i can't wait [img]http://imagesshack.info/************[/img]
Old 05-05-2009, 10:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by number1laing View Post

I have seen several different stores, including one in a mall not last Saturday but the Saturday before, with Wiis in stock.

They're not "go to random store and pick one up" easy to find, but its nothing compared to last year or the year before.

Over the last couple of months, just about every retailer that I have visited that would have a Wii in stock has them. Costco sells the std Wii bundle (local one has a ton of them) for $244.99.

Wii Fit, OTOH, appears to still be hit or miss locally.

Old 05-08-2009, 12:19 AM
AVS Special Member

This post isn't worth making a thread for and I don't know where to post it, but just felt like posting that I was juggling my remote control to my tv and slammed it into the tv yet still haven;t hit the tv with my wiimote. lol

Got Zelda
Old 06-30-2009, 07:20 PM

The Wii is a fun system. I enjoyed it.
Old 12-03-2009, 09:35 AM

Wife was looking for the Wii Fit Plus (and balance board) to make working out a little more fun, plus I got the Sports Resort game as well.

I will try to post some thoughts about this soon.

Got some good deals from Amazon and free shipping.

Never enough money!
Old 12-04-2009, 09:09 PM

The wife picked one up on Black Friday from Toys R US. Got the Mario Game free with it. it is my daughters Christmas gift. looking forward to playing with it on Christmas morning.
Old 12-15-2009, 10:50 AM
Advanced Member

the wife wanted the wii, with wii fit plus and ea active, the wii is cool. bowling and pool are fun. wii fit and ea active are not fun in my book. both of those games are evil and are trying to kill me slowly. im on day 3 with ea active and its a rest day, thank the creator. My wife laughs at me every time i do the workout and then laughs some more at me when i try to walk down the stairs after.
Old 12-31-2009, 09:14 PM

We are having a blast with our Wii so far. We have Super Mario( daughter loves it), Mario and Sonic at Olympic Games( too hard for me and almost too hard for my daughter), Wii Play( most of the games are kind of fun ), my daughter got a game called Nights Journey of Dreams( kind of a strange game to me but good graphics and game play, my daughter is fascinated by it) and of course the Wii sports that came with it( love the bowling, my daughter loves the boxing). All I need is Sports Resort and Wii Fit plus and I will be satisfied. Gotta save up some cash and hope they go on sale soon.