AVS Forum banner

Let our Miis mingle! Let's trade Wii Numbers!

80K views 559 replies 250 participants last post by  somelogin 
#1 ·
*update 2008.03.02*

If I can make a recommendation. As a newcomer to this thread, start adding people from the end of the thread working your way back in time. It will make your friends people that have at least visited recently!

It's also nice to still see this thread used a year and a half later.

*updated 2006.11.23*

I remember we had an Xbox Gamertag thread that worked really well at one point. I think it's time for a Wii one. So far, the only thing that trading Wii Numbers lets you do is allow your Miis to mingle with friend's Miis, and send messages back and forth through the Message Board. But damn, I want to see my Mii Plaza full, and I want different characters in my Wii sports teams and crowds!

For those not familiar, you find your personal Wii Number in your Address Book. You can get there by hitting Wii Message Board on the Wii Channels page, then click Create Message. You'll see your Address Book on the righthand side. Your Wii Number should be a 16 digit number formated as XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX. Bring that back here and post it! This alone will allow messages to be sent once WiiConnect24 is on, you add someone's Number, and you add theirs.

Second step, turn on WiiConnect24! In order for this to work, your Wii needs to be on the internet. Setting up your wireless connection is far outside of the scope of this post, but if you were able to do the two updates that were available the day you bought your Wii, then you are good to go. From your Wii Channels page, hit Wii Options button in the bottom-left corner and go to Wii Settings. Scroll to the second page and hit WiiConnect24. The two important things that need to be done for Mii mingling and the Wii Numbers to mean anything are that WiiConnect24 and Standby Connection both need to be turned on. Slot Illumination is also related, but is a preferrence thing. The slot will glow when your Wii has something to tell you (even when in standby) like you have a new message from one of your Wii Friends.

Last step, turn on mingling! From the Wii Channels page go into your Mii channel and hit the Mii Parade button. You'll probably be told that nobody is arround. Then hit the Travel Settings button and allow traveling. One last thing. On the first page of your Mii editor for each Mii you have is a Mingle button. Turn it on the allow that Mii to mingle.

Gai came up with an excellent idea. When posting your Wii Number, also post your preferred name for other people's address books and the name of the Mii that represents you. The address book name needs to be 10 characters or less, and preferrably be related to your AVS username.

Also, according to HoodedSoldier, there is a way to force your Mii to go to other people's systems. More info to follow...

Now, add me and post your number! (Note: If you are joining us after post #114 in this thread, please don't add me. My Address Book is now as full as I would like it for now.)

EDIT: My Wii number is no longer included.

I'll see your Mii online.

Update 2007.01.05: DaverJ requested the following be added.

Ones that are now just getting the system, myself included, are just posting their Wii's number. As you know, mingling only works if two people add each others system numbers to the address book.

My recommendation is to edit your original post to say that anyone who wants mingling Mii's to:

-subscribe to this thread with email notification

-add addresses from this thread to their Wii's address book

-post which addresses (with AVS names!) they added, and post their own Wii's address. If their AVS name and personal Mii's name are different, they should probably post that info too.

That way if we get an email notification that a new person has submitted their Wii address, we can look to see if they added us to their address book and are waiting for us to do the same.

You might also want to post that if someone's address book is filling up (like your own), that person should probably edit their post to remove their system from being added to others.

What do you think... does that make sense?

See less See more
#232 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgerry /forum/post/0

Woop! I'm all Mii-ed up now.

jgerry

7250 1258 9941 9393

Now I just dread typing in all these codes for everyone else. Maybe this weekend!

I would bet that only few of those names are going to turn black on you. I recommend picking a few active posters and putting their numbers in... then post who they were in this thread.

#233 ·
I just got my Wii and after about 3 hours of messing with my router I finally got it online and made my first Mii. My number is:

4187 5763 8355 7284

I've added mattwardfh, jgerry, and Larkin so far

#235 ·
Finally got mine! Here's my code if anyone wants one. I'll edit as soon as I get a chance to add.

6826 4338 1807 0848

#237 ·
Add me!!

Larry

0673 5286 3117 0123

#240 ·
Hello, Sorry I haven't checked here in a few days but I've been watching all these new Mii's show up. I'll be adding the following to my console over the next day or so:

6826 4338 1807 0848

R1NLP

3399 6868 7966 1829

dmd299

0673 5286 3117 0123

lburrowes

7476 5890 2236 7348

colossus

Please take a moment to add me as well:

ThePhoneGuy62

4281 4912 1220 1667

See you all in the Plaza

#241 ·
Something funny I'm observing.

I only have 3 people in my address book and they are ALL GRAY. They were black at one point. Yet I keep seeing new Miis in the parade and I have all 34 of them now moved to my plaza.

Perhaps you dont have to add everyone to get their Miis. I think what happens is if the person you added is adding others, those Miis will show up - but only if they moved it to their plaza, away from the parade.

#246 ·
Ok, here's who I have so far. Would have done more but Elebits sucked me in.

3399 6868 7966 1829

dmd299

0673 5286 3117 0123

lburrowes

4281 4912 1220 1667

ThePhoneGuy62

1592 0398 3464 4344

wippy and wubby

Don't forget to add me as well!

6826 4338 1807 0848

R1NLP

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.