AVS Forum banner

Let our Miis mingle! Let's trade Wii Numbers!

80K views 559 replies 250 participants last post by  somelogin 
#1 ·
*update 2008.03.02*

If I can make a recommendation. As a newcomer to this thread, start adding people from the end of the thread working your way back in time. It will make your friends people that have at least visited recently!

It's also nice to still see this thread used a year and a half later.

*updated 2006.11.23*

I remember we had an Xbox Gamertag thread that worked really well at one point. I think it's time for a Wii one. So far, the only thing that trading Wii Numbers lets you do is allow your Miis to mingle with friend's Miis, and send messages back and forth through the Message Board. But damn, I want to see my Mii Plaza full, and I want different characters in my Wii sports teams and crowds!

For those not familiar, you find your personal Wii Number in your Address Book. You can get there by hitting Wii Message Board on the Wii Channels page, then click Create Message. You'll see your Address Book on the righthand side. Your Wii Number should be a 16 digit number formated as XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX. Bring that back here and post it! This alone will allow messages to be sent once WiiConnect24 is on, you add someone's Number, and you add theirs.

Second step, turn on WiiConnect24! In order for this to work, your Wii needs to be on the internet. Setting up your wireless connection is far outside of the scope of this post, but if you were able to do the two updates that were available the day you bought your Wii, then you are good to go. From your Wii Channels page, hit Wii Options button in the bottom-left corner and go to Wii Settings. Scroll to the second page and hit WiiConnect24. The two important things that need to be done for Mii mingling and the Wii Numbers to mean anything are that WiiConnect24 and Standby Connection both need to be turned on. Slot Illumination is also related, but is a preferrence thing. The slot will glow when your Wii has something to tell you (even when in standby) like you have a new message from one of your Wii Friends.

Last step, turn on mingling! From the Wii Channels page go into your Mii channel and hit the Mii Parade button. You'll probably be told that nobody is arround. Then hit the Travel Settings button and allow traveling. One last thing. On the first page of your Mii editor for each Mii you have is a Mingle button. Turn it on the allow that Mii to mingle.

Gai came up with an excellent idea. When posting your Wii Number, also post your preferred name for other people's address books and the name of the Mii that represents you. The address book name needs to be 10 characters or less, and preferrably be related to your AVS username.

Also, according to HoodedSoldier, there is a way to force your Mii to go to other people's systems. More info to follow...

Now, add me and post your number! (Note: If you are joining us after post #114 in this thread, please don't add me. My Address Book is now as full as I would like it for now.)

EDIT: My Wii number is no longer included.

I'll see your Mii online.

Update 2007.01.05: DaverJ requested the following be added.

Ones that are now just getting the system, myself included, are just posting their Wii's number. As you know, mingling only works if two people add each others system numbers to the address book.

My recommendation is to edit your original post to say that anyone who wants mingling Mii's to:

-subscribe to this thread with email notification

-add addresses from this thread to their Wii's address book

-post which addresses (with AVS names!) they added, and post their own Wii's address. If their AVS name and personal Mii's name are different, they should probably post that info too.

That way if we get an email notification that a new person has submitted their Wii address, we can look to see if they added us to their address book and are waiting for us to do the same.

You might also want to post that if someone's address book is filling up (like your own), that person should probably edit their post to remove their system from being added to others.

What do you think... does that make sense?

See less See more
#2 ·
2216 6139 7881 1960

#13 ·
CieJe - you have to add all of us for this to work!
you're the only early poster i'm showing as not accepted.

toneedo - i sent you a message saying "thanks for the add!". did you get it? i'm just seeing if that part of the system is up yet.

i'm also testing if sms to cellphones works right now through a friend.

thanks everyone for joining in! this seems to be working pretty well so far. i've got aphex and Sue in my plaza now. who is Sue? i wanna attatch that Mii to the right person in my address book.

what mingling etiquette should we follow guys? allow all our Miis to mingle, or just the ones that represent players in the household? personally this early in the game, i'm all for every Mii mingling. when more people have Miis, the plaza will start getting really crowded though. hmm... allowing everyone to mingle does allow everyone a larger variety from which to pick the cool ones though. what yall think?

#14 ·
I added everybody.

I've had a friend of mine added since sunday, and we can message eachother etc fine. I also played with doing emails. The cool thing is if you send an email to someone... it shows up as w[wii number]@nintendo.com so you actually get a free email address out of this haha.

I haven't tried sms. sounds interesting though.

adding these numbers is tedious. I wish nintendo would add an interface to their website or something... just some easier way of getting the info to your wii.

#15 ·
dark i got ur message and i do see you in the plaza..this is pretty cool...so what else can this friend feature do?

also i set my Wii to connect24 which always will be connected even when my Wii is powered off...so u guys will always see me walking around with my Mii profile

#16 ·
Here's mine

Wii number 1548 - 0387 - 3348 - 3546

I'll add all of you guys.

#18 ·
Got everyone added but not seeing any miinging yet. Though only a couple of people have added me back. I've got two Miis made; one for me, one for the GF. Should be pretty obvious which is which :)

For everyone else, if your Mii isn't obvious from your screen name, can you post the name of your primary Mii?

#22 ·
Mii name: Gai

2891 6403 3207 0755

Just adding the numbers will lead to some confusion about who is who I would gather. Especially since there are 12 Miis I created lol.

Th other mingling miis on my Wii.:

punchy

G. Costanza

Kramer

Starbuck

Boomer

Adama

Number 6

Buffy

Angel

Jack Bauer

Vic Mackey

#23 ·
My Wii number-------> 8180 9602 0276 7956. I will add everyone here. My system name is Wildwood (My beach haunt on the jersey shore) and my main Mii's name is Sonny. Please add mii!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.