Forum Jump: 

post #211 of 213 Old 03-17-2010, 09:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bm4433 View Post

Like Untamo, I also extended my Wii sensor bar cable with simple CAT5e - I didn't even solder it, just tight twisting of the multi-stranded Wii copper lines to the solid CAT5e and checked it for operation before I taped the lines off. I ran the CAT5e from the front wall of my theater screen, where the sensor bar is located, through my attic and back to the AV rack...about 35' total. Then, plug and play! It works perfect, exactly as it did before I extended it. It seems like everyone is making this way more complicated than it has to be.

This is what I was considering and figured would work. I already have Cat5e running to a low voltage box under my screen...I ran it for my IR sensor.

I was hoping to just splice the Wii sensor bar wire into that Cat5e on both ends and consider it done?

Jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #212 of 213 Old 04-17-2010, 10:41 AM

Awesome fix for this problem. Anyone have details on how to make a connection that can be powered on and off like the one shown here, --http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=9696724#post9696724? I have no idea how to do that and would prefer a switch over plugging and unplugging all the time. Any help would be appreciated.
post #213 of 213 Old 09-11-2011, 04:33 AM

Great hack/solution guys. I bought the power supply and my sensor is working like a charm. Didn't have to use the solder. Just cut it, melt the thin plastic around the red and orange wires (you cannot see it, but the red and orange color are actually a thin plastic cover), attach it to the power supply wires(red is the positive, yellow is the ground) and tape it.
Since the my power supply sits behind the TV, kind of a pain to have it disconnected, i will add a small led switch so it does not stay turned on all the time.
Thumbs Up from your Brazilian friend!
Reply Nintendo

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page