Wii Component Infocus 4805 Calibration - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 18 Old 11-28-2006, 01:28 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Does anybody has the optimal calibration settings for the infocus 4805 with the wii over component cables and 480p? What about using the Photo Channel to put some calibration pattern pics and videos and calibrate it over the component output?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 11-28-2006, 07:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I was just about to make a thread asking the same thing. I haven't been able to calibrate my Wii yet, but I think the photo channel would really be the only way to go about doing it. In the meantime, I'm using the settings I use with my PS2.
post #3 of 18 Old 11-29-2006, 01:17 AM - Thread Starter

Yeah, personally I think that my whites are too much and the weird thing is that with Wii Sports I need one setting and with Zelda when it asks to calibrate the monitor I end with other settings... hope somebody gets time and the willing to do the calibration soon... And yes... meanwhile the DVD player capable wii hits the market, the best way to do it would be over the photo channel I think... so, lets do it!
post #4 of 18 Old 11-29-2006, 05:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Mine are as follows:

Brightness 52

Contrast 33

Red Gain 54
Green Gain 48
Blue Gain 53
Red Offset 52
Green Offset 48
Blue Offset 50
post #5 of 18 Old 12-02-2006, 08:24 PM - Thread Starter

Great. I have tried those in projector central, they are very similar to yours actually.

red gain, 54; green gain, 48; blue gain, 53; red offset, 52, green offset, 48; blue offset, 50.

But its too redish...

What do you think?
post #6 of 18 Old 12-02-2006, 08:43 PM
AVS Special Member

It has a bit of a red hue to it, yeah. Maybe try toning the Red Gain down to 52 or so?
post #7 of 18 Old 12-03-2006, 01:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Exact numbers will be different for everybody's projector, dependant on things such as the age of the bulb, the type of screen being used, and normal variances from projector to projector. At best these numbers may get you in the ballpark, but I'll bet the settings for somebody using a Hi-Power screen are significantly different from somebody using a high contrast gray screen, or a DIY screen.
post #8 of 18 Old 12-03-2006, 11:38 AM - Thread Starter

All right then when I calibrate mine (in a month or so... im very BUSY right now... damn) Ill post with wich screen I did it.

Thanks Dan
post #9 of 18 Old 02-04-2007, 01:06 PM

Hey folks,

I'm digging this one back up, to get more opinions now that the system has been out for 3 months. I just got mine a couple weeks ago, and finally hooked it up to cmpt cables and my projector yesterday. I have a panny AE900, and was thinking of either using a couple of images with the photo channel (maybe even create some with this tool Test Card Maker ). But I was also trying to find some sort of flash or other web based tool, to possibly use the Internet channel to calibrate, anyone know of any?

Also, I'm having to set my projector to manually go 16:9 with the Wii (yes I've set the Wii to 16:9 mode), where everything else (DVD players, DSS boxes) I've hooked up is automatically recognized as 16:9 if it is, or 4:3 if it is. Anyone else have this issue?

Thanks much,

John
post #10 of 18 Old 02-04-2007, 04:01 PM - Thread Starter

That internet channel calibration tool is a great idea man! We can even use templates to the settings of each brand and kind of projector. Now, I dont have in my possesion my wii now but I wish I could help. I do have the calibration DVD for DV Essentials. I think thats one of the best.
post #11 of 18 Old 02-07-2007, 06:29 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 13
It would be nice if Nintendo included a THX Optimizer-like feature in their games like on certain DVD's...
post #12 of 18 Old 02-08-2007, 08:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevets72 View Post

Also, I'm having to set my projector to manually go 16:9 with the Wii (yes I've set the Wii to 16:9 mode), where everything else (DVD players, DSS boxes) I've hooked up is automatically recognized as 16:9 if it is, or 4:3 if it is. Anyone else have this issue?

Yes, this is how it works. It sucks, but life's like that sometimes.

-Dan
post #13 of 18 Old 02-08-2007, 09:03 AM
AVS Special Member

So what's the bottom line here? Anyone try making any of those test patterns mentioned earlier? If so, did you put them on the web or just download the image to an SD card and use the Wii's image viewer?

-Dan
post #14 of 18 Old 02-08-2007, 07:10 PM

Dag,

Thanks for the confirmation about 16:9, glad it's not just me.

Regarding the test pattern, since I brought that up, I suppose I should draw something up. In the mean time you can use one of the UK versions that were on the "Test Card Maker" site, or it's fairly easy to find images of NSTC SMPTE color bars that you could use to do a decent job of calibration. Since I don't know jack about web page design, I'll probably just post the images here when I'm done.

So what are people looking for out of some test images? Something like the standard color bars could be used to do Contrast, Brightness, Color, and Tint. Another one with the 5 circle pattern and the edge rectangles could be used for setting up position. Are there any other images that folks see as a need? I know what I'm talking about doing combines a lot of things that THX or other programs walk you through step by step, but it should be good enough for a 480P image.

I'll probably get this up sometime this weekend,

John
post #15 of 18 Old 02-11-2007, 04:51 PM

Ok,

Here is what I came up with. I did use the Test Card maker program mentioned above, and then added the "Wii" with Gimp. I think the black levels might be a bit dark, but otherwise I don't think it's bad for a first try. I'm using 3.5, 7.5, and 11.5 percents of a 256 scale (I thought that was what they were suppose to be). If someone knows a better way to handle this, I'm all ears.

I've transferred the image onto a SD card and loaded it up on the Wii photo channel. Since this one is 480-360 it obviously works best when in 4:3 mode. It seemed to fill the screen, and worked on both my TV in 480i mode, and on my projector in 480P mode. On the TV I really had to crank up the brightness to get the blacks right (the 3.5 level one blend with the 7.5 level one, with the 11.5 just barely visible). On the projector, I had to increase it, but not nearly as much.

Let me know what you all think.

The attachments are both the jpeg image, and the text file for Test card maker. Feel free to modify either. But you may have to change the extension on the TCM file.

Good Luck,

John
LL

NTSC SMPTE.txt 1k . file
post #16 of 18 Old 02-12-2007, 09:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevets72 View Post

Let me know what you all think.

I'll try to test it tonight and I'll post my results.

-Dan
post #17 of 18 Old 02-12-2007, 10:30 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
not to hijack the thread but I was wondering if people with a pj could post some wii images on the BIG screen? I don't have a wii yet, but I wanted to put one in the HT room, so I wanted to get an idea of what to expect

XBL: BigMikeRich
PSN: BigMikeRich
post #18 of 18 Old 02-12-2007, 10:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRich View Post

not to hijack the thread but I was wondering if people with a pj could post some wii images on the BIG screen? I don't have a wii yet, but I wanted to put one in the HT room, so I wanted to get an idea of what to expect

IIRC, in one of the threads talking about component cables, there's a bunch of pictures posted. Take a look there.

-Dan
Reply Nintendo

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page