Excite Truck - what's next? **POSSIBLE SPOILERS** - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 95 Old 12-10-2006, 10:39 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I got Excite Truck Friday night, and I played it for quite a while yesterday. I'm enjoying it. I'm not crazy about the music, but I love the fact I can supply my own music. Playing a "China" track with "China Grove" playing is cool.

Here's my question: I've got "S" in Bronze and Silver, and all but one in Gold. I Haven't started Platinum yet (I went back to get "S" in everything else). When I complete Platinum, what will be left to do? I'm just curious, because I wonder if this is one of those games that I'll be done with after a few days of playing?

Any thoughts?

-Dan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 95 Old 12-10-2006, 01:24 PM

After your done getting all S grade in the Excite levels you unlock Super Excite.Thats were iam at right now.You start all over,but with new tracks and cars.You will find that some cars are better then others for S Grade levels.I have a lot of fun with this game and hope they make another one.I think the graphics are great,and i shut the music off.The Alpine truck has won me 9-10 S grades so far,but i dont think it has a chance in Super Excite.
post #3 of 95 Old 12-10-2006, 02:53 PM

I <3 Excite Truck! It's an awesome game. I actually like the music. It reminds me of Steve Vai, no?

Check out my really stupid gaming podcast - www.videogameoutsiders.com
post #4 of 95 Old 12-10-2006, 03:48 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vr.Rice View Post

You start all over,but with new tracks and cars.

Seriously -- new tracks? That's a good reason to keep playing. Thanks for the info.

-Dan
post #5 of 95 Old 12-10-2006, 07:04 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagware View Post

Seriously -- new tracks? That's a good reason to keep playing. Thanks for the info.

Yeah, and it gets much harder to get an 'S' score in Super Excite mode. I'm only on the Gold cup and it's incredibly difficult already.
post #6 of 95 Old 12-10-2006, 08:59 PM

All new cars and all new courses are waiting in Super Excite...

However, so far the environments seem the same.

Gameplay is very challenging and I play Excite Truck about 10x more than i play Zelda or 100x more than I'm playing Monkey Ball these days.

Hate to admit it, but I actually like the music. Or perhaps I should say "it doesn't bother me..." Seems very fitting for the gameplay anyway.

Races in Super Excite mode get VERY hard, especially in the Gold levels... You can be in the lead for an entire race and have a guy zoom past you in the last SECOND. You've got to use every trick in the book just to get "B" grade!

;-)
post #7 of 95 Old 12-11-2006, 07:16 AM

Sorry to bump this post, but I have to know...

Has anyone beat the 'diamond' levels in Super Excite mode? Just getting by Platinum in Super Excite is hard as hell...

And I can't seem to win any reaces without a car with Quick handling. Any tips on best cars for particular tracks?

BTW, the courses in the Platinum level of Super Excite are long and very nice looking. A fresh take on courses you 'thought' you knew already.
post #8 of 95 Old 12-11-2006, 08:58 AM

i just passed all the levels with a A or B rating in Super Excite.... i won't ruin the last level for you guys, let me just say it's nuts and hard as hell!
now i have to beat all those levels with a S rating to unlock "mirror" mode... i'm not sure that i'm up for the task! lol
post #9 of 95 Old 12-11-2006, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoami View Post

i just passed all the levels with a A or B rating in Super Excite.... i won't ruin the last level for you guys, let me just say it's nuts and hard as hell!
now i have to beat all those levels with a S rating to unlock "mirror" mode... i'm not sure that i'm up for the task! lol

Dude... There is NO WAY IN HELL to get an S rating on all tracks in Super Excite...

Not unless you have unlocked one hell of a car!

;-)

Um, does anyone do airborne truck spins? To date, I haven't done a single one... Have 100 - 200 awards in most other categories however.

---EDIT---

That Super Excite Platinum track "Canada:Winding Road" is one INCREDIBLE track! Especially if you use it with the MAKO car. Talk about max speed and max air!

;-)
post #10 of 95 Old 12-11-2006, 11:41 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamedev123 View Post

Dude... There is NO WAY IN HELL to get an S rating on all tracks in Super Excite...

I'm not there yet, but I look forward to proving you wrong.

Quote:

Um, does anyone do airborne truck spins? To date, I haven't done a single one... Have 100 - 200 awards in most other categories however.

I do them sometimes, but you don't get many points for them. It's a lot easier to just smash other trucks for points.

-Dan
post #11 of 95 Old 12-11-2006, 03:48 PM

Iam trying to take some of them short cuts on the bridges in some levels,but keep falling off.I can stay on one.The one with the train is HARD.
post #12 of 95 Old 12-11-2006, 04:35 PM

There's only one course in Diamond and it's very different than all the other courses. I'll leave the details as a surprise! Once you get all S ratings in Super Excite, you open up Mirror mode. I'm about halfway done with the S ratings in Super Excite.

This has turned out to be an excellent game and I'm so glad that I bought it. I was actually not going to originally, but decided to buy it as my 3rd game to get the $20 giftcard at Target at launch.

I would like to see more course variety and online modes, but hopefully we will see that with ExciteTruck 2! This is definitely the "Wave Race" of the Wii launch.
post #13 of 95 Old 12-11-2006, 04:52 PM

Yeah, its becoming painfully obvious that MOST reviewers didn't even complete Excite mode. And NONE of them beat Super Excite... Not a single mention of Mirror mode... ;-)

If I was more of a fanboy I'd publicly challenge them to describe their experiences on Super Excite mode, or to tally the total number of cars or tracks.
post #14 of 95 Old 12-13-2006, 03:20 PM

Bumping this thread because I FINALLY reached the final track under Super Excite mode. Heheheh... No spoilers. But its a nice change of pace from the usual.

The Excite Truck faithful will be suitably rewarded!

;-)
post #15 of 95 Old 12-13-2006, 05:37 PM

Quote:

Bumping this thread because I FINALLY reached the final track under Super Excite mode.

I did too, on Monday night. Beat the game and saw the credits. Now I have to get all S's for 'Mirror' mode (only about 4 left to get), which I'm guessing is a simple reversal of all the existing tracks, although I could be wrong. Then, of course, I have to finish getting all the trophies. Still a ways to go!
post #16 of 95 Old 12-14-2006, 11:17 AM

Be sure to let us know what Mirror Mode is when you finally get there.
post #17 of 95 Old 12-18-2006, 01:06 AM

Quote:

Be sure to let us know what Mirror Mode is when you finally get there.

OK, unlocked Mirror Mode tonight. Basically, it is the same as Super Excite Mode, except the tracks are all mirror images of the originals (shocking, I know). So, right turns are now left, left are now right. Also, I unlocked the new paint jobs for all my cars and ... well, let's just say you'll want to do that.

Now I'm working on beating Mirror Mode ... this is the game that refuses to end!
post #18 of 95 Old 12-18-2006, 06:12 AM

I bet after Mirror Mode there is "Repeat Mode," where you get to repeat the game from the start!

;-)
post #19 of 95 Old 12-18-2006, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vr.Rice View Post

After your done getting all S grade in the Excite levels you unlock Super Excite.Thats were iam at right now.You start all over,but with new tracks and cars.You will find that some cars are better then others for S Grade levels.I have a lot of fun with this game and hope they make another one.I think the graphics are great,and i shut the music off.The Alpine truck has won me 9-10 S grades so far,but i dont think it has a chance in Super Excite.

Darn! Now I have to go back to re-do some tracks to get "S" levels. I love this game. it looks even better now w/ component cables. There's a huge graphic clarity/crispness difference between composite and component (see other threads). It looks great w/ Excite Truck!
post #20 of 95 Old 01-01-2007, 02:11 AM

Another update: I beat Mirror Mode (getting the minimum B or higher on all races) but nothing special happened. Perhaps something will happen after I get all 'S' grades.
post #21 of 95 Old 01-01-2007, 06:13 PM

Keep at it!!! And it you see anything fantastic, POST PICTURES!
post #22 of 95 Old 01-03-2007, 09:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 21
wife got it for me for xmas, Great freakin game!!!! Fun to pick up and play for 2 hrs or 5 minutes. Im currently trying to beat the diamond track right now. best i could do was 132 with that huimmer lookin truck. Man this level is HARD!
post #23 of 95 Old 01-04-2007, 10:43 AM

Any advice on how to get an "S" rating on "Excite" China track? I've tried and tried and just can't seem to get above a "B" rating.

Would getting a steering wheel help much?

Thanks for any help.
post #24 of 95 Old 01-04-2007, 11:33 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post

Any advice on how to get an "S" rating on "Excite" China track? I've tried and tried and just can't seem to get above a "B" rating.

Would getting a steering wheel help much?

Thanks for any help.

Getting a steering wheel probably won't help. I don't remember the specific track (I'm at work), but one tip is to drive close to the side of the road when there are trees present -- you can get some Super Tree Runs when you do this. Also, crashing into other vehicles can boost your score quickly, and if they're the leaders, it can slow them down.

-Dan
post #25 of 95 Old 01-04-2007, 03:46 PM

Well, I've finally officially beaten the entire game of Excite Truck, completing all 'S' rankings on Mirror mode. I must say it was a whole lot more fun than I anticipated. It was certainly difficult, but it was a fun kind of difficult, not a "I want to kill myself" kind of difficult like Monkey Ball.

You unlock a super sweet vehicle as reward for beating the game. Let's just say you'll never lose another race! I'll post pics separately.
post #26 of 95 Old 01-04-2007, 04:01 PM

Yeah, definitely get used to making small tree runs, truck smashes, and try to get AT LEAST 2 or more "truck spins" (360 or 720).

These little things add up.

You could easily post an extra 20 points or more for these little things.
post #27 of 95 Old 01-04-2007, 04:59 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaL View Post

Well, I've finally officially beaten the entire game of Excite Truck, completing all 'S' rankings on Mirror mode. I must say it was a whole lot more fun than I anticipated. It was certainly difficult, but it was a fun kind of difficult, not a "I want to kill myself" kind of difficult like Monkey Ball.

Well, now you've made me want to go back and completely finish the game. Curse you!

-Dan
post #28 of 95 Old 01-04-2007, 11:01 PM

For those having a tough time getting 'S' scores, you may want to unlock all the paint jobs on all the vehicles. This unlocks a very useful vehicle which I've used for, oh, the last 90 or so races in a row.

As far as pictures ... first, here's my game-finishing score on the Nebula course (200 stars required for an 'S' grade). I had one of those 'perfect' races to get this score, and amazingly I only finished in second (beaten on a photo finish). I would have loved the extra 25 points but ah well.
LL
post #29 of 95 Old 01-04-2007, 11:02 PM

Here's the screen displayed confirming you've finished Mirror Mode.
LL
post #30 of 95 Old 01-04-2007, 11:04 PM

And here's your reward for beating the game. Only click on it if you really want to know what it is.

Now I need to finish collecting all the remaining trophies. I will, of course, report if that results in anything new.
LL
Reply Nintendo

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page