No Wiis this week??? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 17 Old 12-18-2006, 12:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm just curious. All the talk seemed to be how Sunday was the big final Wii day. No one is talking about anyone getting any this week. All the Game Stops and EB Games are saying they won't see anymore till after the 1st. I think I saw someone post something about BB not having any more before Xmas.

This just doesn't make any sense. Why would a company stop shipping as fast as they can during this last week. I'm not saying it's not true, I just don't understand what's happening this week and why there isn't a lot of talk about shipments up to the last second? Any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 12-18-2006, 01:05 PM

It could be because they have shipped out all that they have left. Or it could be that retailers "REALLY" have no real idea on when shipments come in and that's their standard answer. it's been their standard answer since launch day(s) so I'm not surprised they say they won't be getting any.

One of the Target's in my area kept saying they won't get any till after New Year's the day after Launch day...but lo and behold...almost every week since November, they have been getting regular shipments for sale on Sunday. Same deal w/ BB and Circuit City and all the other retailers.

Personally, I don't trust a word any of them say about not getting anymore in stock. If you are still looking for one, certainly don't stop just because they keep saying and even folks on here speculate that there are no more being shipped. So what about that so called "internal memo" They've probably been getting those for the past month about shipments for all we know.

So keep looking if you still need one! Never Give Up! Never Surrender! :)
post #3 of 17 Old 12-18-2006, 01:34 PM

according to a press release from today, TRU will be receiving "thousands" of units up through christmas:
http://www1.toysrus.com/Investor/pr/121806.html
post #4 of 17 Old 12-18-2006, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgnome
according to a press release from today, TRU will be receiving "thousands" of units up through christmas:
Hmm interesting...

I live in Canada and after reading all the posts about Sunday (Yesterday), and the huge amount of Wii's that we're supposedly being released to the market...... i figure I should have a Wii by now. I phoned around yesterday morning as soon as the stores opened.... BB opened at 11:00 am on Sunday, EB games at 9:00 am & Toys R US at 8:30am to check the situation and how many wii's they were releasing.... and all of them said No they did not recieve any and don't expect to until after xmas. Any other Canadians fail to see or hear of any shipments coming in yesterday??? I live in Calgary, Alberta btw.
post #5 of 17 Old 12-18-2006, 02:56 PM

Liked: 11
TRU released on saturday all the stock they had hoarded over the last couple of weeks.

This was for the Canada TRUs.
post #6 of 17 Old 12-18-2006, 03:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 154
I heard somewhere that all Wii's shipped after December 18th, will have the new thicker Wii-mote straps already on the Wii-motes,and this is why there will be a slight delay in Wii shipments. But supposedly, there should still be a few shipments right before Xmas. The bigger question is, will these shipments be huge amounts of Wii's, or the same as we've been getting for the last month or so?
post #7 of 17 Old 12-18-2006, 03:08 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1
I heard somewhere that all Wii's shipped after December 18th, will have the new thicker Wii-mote straps already on the Wii-motes,and this is why there will be a slight delay in Wii shipments. But supposedly, there should still be a few shipments right before Xmas. The bigger question is, will these shipments be huge amounts of Wii's, or the same as we've been getting for the last month or so?

Where did you get this info regarding the wii-mote? Do you have a link?
post #8 of 17 Old 12-18-2006, 03:47 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 15
Quote:
Don't hold your breath---

"Thousands" of units --- let's say that means 3000 (the press release says specifically 6000+ for the PS3)

Lets also assume that all of those go to US stores--- 587 of them per the press release.

That works out to 5.1 per store.

XBL Gamertag: Robbo67
post #9 of 17 Old 12-18-2006, 04:02 PM

Quote:
interesting....looks like some people are gonna be camping on chriustmas eve! :eek:
post #10 of 17 Old 12-18-2006, 10:27 PM

I think the TRU press release is actually pretty discouraging to anyone on the hunt for a Wii, it is at the BOTTOM of the list indicating they know it will be no more than a couple thousand or 4-6 per store...less than one per day! This does not even account for any they would hold for online bundles.

I think the best chance at one was yesterday (the 17th) as stores had been saving them up in most areas for 7-14 days. In my city of about 500,000 people there ended up being a total of less than 100 units total in the entire city and a cumulative 2,000+ people in lines to get them.

Your best bet will likely be the 22nd, anyone who has them will put them on the shelf. Rumor is that TRU will have some more then but, as noted in the press release, dont expect more than a couple per store.

ash =o)

"Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist needs to have his head checked..."
post #11 of 17 Old 12-19-2006, 12:07 PM
AVS Special Member

If the rumors are true that there won't be any shipments of note before the New Year it could be that they are ramping up for Japan's big sales time: New Years. In Japan kids get lots of money from friends and relatives on New Years Day, which they turn around and spend on things like video games. It would make sense to try and ramp up for that demand as well.
post #12 of 17 Old 12-20-2006, 08:17 AM

I went to Toys R us at TimeSquare lastnight and they were out of wii's. They said they went through 1600 of them in like 2 days and 30k since launch.
post #13 of 17 Old 12-21-2006, 10:21 AM

I was just at WalMart on my lunch break here in Michigan and they were just un-boxing 5 or 6 Wii systems and a few white and pink DS lites..............

Looks like they may be trickling in yet....
post #14 of 17 Old 12-21-2006, 11:44 AM

Scattered TRU's and Walmarts have been getting Wii's today. Rumormills are running hot on TRU, Walmarts and BB's getting Wii's tomorrow since that's the last weekday delivery day for most stores.

So...pick ur favorite store and go camp out tonight if you want a Wii ;)
post #15 of 17 Old 12-21-2006, 12:45 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 113
It would seem they have slowed down a ton!

For my latest Reviews and Stuff google -> Joe Rod Home Theater .Com
Check out my Dolby Atmos/Surround first take:
http://hstrial-jrodriguez996.homeste...=1409517748063
post #16 of 17 Old 12-21-2006, 12:48 PM

From www.outtastock.com/wii/

Toys R Us: Nintendo Wii: Action Bundle is sold out at 2006-12-18 20:40:21 CST
Toys R Us: Nintendo Wii: Action Bundle is in stock at 2006-12-18 20:25:18 CST

Are these the thousands of Wii's that they are talking about? bundle sold out in 15 minutes.
post #17 of 17 Old 12-21-2006, 01:22 PM - Thread Starter

These bundles/Wiis, whatever they are offering all sells out in a matter of minutes everytime. TRU bundles the other day, as you point out, lasted minutes. Actually, they offered them twice, about 30 minutes apart, for a few minutes each time.

Sam's club yesterday had a bundle last 7 minutes.

A few others, such as CC has had bundles in the past day or two that lasted a couple of minutes.

The reason is simple. People, such as me, are running WebMon or something like it. It's a program I found out about from someone else on here a couple of weeks ago. You tell it which web pages to monitor, and you can even specify a specific part of the webpage, such as the "Out of Stock" label, and it lets you know within a minute of any change to that webpage. You just click on its alert and it launches the webpage and you click "Add to Cart" and you have one within a minute of it becoming available. Google Webmon and you can download it from the author's site. I wouldn't download it from just anywhere, as you never know what it might have in it.

Though it sounds simple, it still wasn't easy. I've been running it 24 hours a day, except for my drivetime, for over two weeks and just finally hit Walmart's bundle today. Since the offerings are for such a short time, even just going to lunch, etc. can mean you miss it, and with the demand what it is, the offerings have been few and far between.

It helps, but is not necessary to know a little about html to use Webmon. If you do, you can narrow down what it is watching to decrease false alarms. Good luck if you choose to use it. It did finally score for me, but it took a while.

So, to make a long story short... No, you can't manually compete against people running automated tools to happen to catch a Wii being offered on the Web. You'd have to do nothing but sit and refresh pages constantly for days. People with automated tools will always snatch everything within minutes.
Closed Thread Nintendo

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page