Wii - Just a novelty - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

post #1 of 252 Old 12-24-2006, 11:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I like the Wii, I do. I love how Nintendo is targeting non-gamers and gamers who like to play simplistic mini games. That said, who thinks it will be just a fad? Sure Wii sports is fun the first few times I played it, but the games have no depth or replay value to me. It's boring beating up non-gamers who are inexperienced in video games. If they included online play with Wii sports, that would've been killer. With the technology in the Wii, I don't think it has enough processing power to enable online play for these type of games.

I looked at 07's line up on gamestop + ign and I simply don't see any games I want to play. Sure if I was a Nintendo fanboy Metroid Prime 3 and Mario Galaxy/Party could hold me over, but I'm not. I'm sure there are some people who absolutely love these games so it's worth it for them, but what about the people who aren't fans of Nintendo first party games? If Nintendo made the Wii a little more powerful so developers could do more with their system, I think they could've been number 1 easily.

If a publisher could release a boxing/tennis game that could offer true 1:1 motion, that would definately make the Wii worth it for me. Unfortunately, I'm not sure if it's possible because the Wii already has a hard time with simple motions like Wii sports. Anyways, this is just my two cents, please don't talk about "other" systems or reply with fanboy comments. Im only interested in reading other prospectives regarding the long term success of the Wii.

SDF
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 252 Old 12-24-2006, 11:17 PM

The same thing was said about the gamecube, and in many cases people counted Nintendo out many times.... the only thing we can do is wait, be patient and enjoy what we have..... Or, if the purchase has been made, take it back to the retailer and hit the manufacturer in their pockets and possibly spark some sort of change.

I still do not understand why people are tearing the new systems limb from limb when they have only been in the homes of consumers for a month or so. Why the need to break things down and criticize so early in the game?

Games and systems are made for specific target markets. Of course not all things are going to appeal to all people.

The Wii, which I own, has seen just as much play time in my home as my 360 and does not collect dust like my PS3. Why? Because the games are fun. Graphics are not exactly "on par" with the other systems, but the fun factor is definitely there. Of course, others would beg to differ and would prefer to have their eyes and ears overly dazzled while mashing buttons.

Of course these are my views which are unique to me... Maybe these debates would have more validity a year from now, but I don't see people waiting that long to give these systems a fair change.
post #3 of 252 Old 12-24-2006, 11:17 PM

Look, it was an issue of cost vs. processing power, and its obviously a trade off. What good would it have done anyone if Nintendo had put out something similar to 360 or ps3 for a much higher price than what the wii has now? We already have expensive, HD platforms, wii can fill a diferent niche, and that is good for gamers.

As far as it being a "fad" there is no real answer to that. Actually there is in a way, and it lies with software developers. A steady stream of compelling software will be the best way to insure that it does not happen that way. As far as you not liking Nintendo's first party titles, then let your money do the talking and don't buy them. That's capitalism! There are plenty of other games for you to buy.
post #4 of 252 Old 12-24-2006, 11:39 PM

Liked: 11
Online wasn't ready for launch. Well start seeing it soon, maybe with SSX:blur.

Quote:
If a publisher could release a boxing/tennis game that could offer true 1:1 motion, that would definately make the Wii worth it for me.

Fight night will probably do it. Wii boxing is close to 1:1 but you have to slow down your movements. Im guessing nintendo did this so people couldn't shake the crap out of the controller and throw 1000's of punches a minute. wii sports 2 online is given.

2007 partial list
Super Paper Mario
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Fire Emblem Wii
Battalion Wars Wii
Super Mario Strikers Wii
Project: Hammer
Forever Blue
Pokemon Battle Revolution
Donkey Kong Jet Racing
Wii Motor Sports (Airplane, Jet Ski, etc.)
Wii Music
Wii Fitness
Wii Play
Big Brain Academy
Wario Ware: Smooth Moves
Mario Party 8
Animal Crossing 24/7
Resident Evil
SSX:Blur
Sonic
Dragon Quest Swords
Final Fantasy: Crystal Bearers
Medal of Honor
prince of persia
red steel 2
madden
fifa
fight night
nhl
No More Heroes
sims
spore

Namco, Sega, konami, Ubisoft, capcom, squarenix etc have announced they are working on multiple projects but haven't given details yet. im guessing one of segas games will be virtua cop or house of the dead. daytona 3 online would be cool too.
expect surprises in 2007... nintendogs online is a given.
then there's the virtual console.... plenty of stuff coming on wii to keep you busy.

You should give games like mario and metroid a try though. mario might be bright and colorful but the gameplay is some of the best out there. Smash brothers online will be amazing.
post #5 of 252 Old 12-25-2006, 05:53 AM

I'll be happy if 3 or 4 truly brilliant titles come out next year for the wii.. Im talking about decent multiplayer titles with longlasting gameplay and innovitive or otherwise well crafted controls. I probably dont have time to play much more than that anyway, and its mainly a multiplayed toy for me.

Wii music, and a few other games featuring Mii's would be a good start! (but please sell them separately.. I dont need more controllers)
post #6 of 252 Old 12-25-2006, 06:24 AM
AVS Special Member

I hope it lasts. I guess only time will tell. I wish there were more wii sports similar games already out.

Got Talk (general discussion forum - someone add product reviews)

Got Zelda
post #7 of 252 Old 12-25-2006, 07:54 AM

Liked: 14
Didn't they initially call the telephone a novelty?

post #8 of 252 Old 12-25-2006, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leehom View Post

...Sure if I was a Nintendo fanboy Metroid Prime 3 and Mario Galaxy/Party could hold me over, but I'm not...

I love this. You've got to be a "fanboy" to enjoy quality games. I suppose if you enjoy Halo you're also a fanboy. What about PS2 / PS3 exclusives? Fanboyism there?

The "console wars" sure bring out the stupidity in people. I feel sorry for anyone who's so close-minded that they can't enjoy a game simply because it's fun. How pathetic.
post #9 of 252 Old 12-25-2006, 08:32 AM

---Multiplayer---
The online functionality of a game takes VERY little processing power compared to just getting graphics on the screen. Remember, the OLD PC game Quake used to run WITHOUT hardware acceleration, provided multiplayer, and did it all on a 8MB 33Mhz 486...

---Graphics---
With each day that passes, I get more of the feeling that Nintendo severely underpowered the Wii. It really is an overclocked Gamecube with the addition of great Input/Output.

Nintendo should have released its BEST graphics libraries as part of the developer package in order to release the full visual power of the Wii from the start. Instead, I get the feeling they've left developers to roll their own (or use old, and I mean OLD Gamcube libraries).

---Controls---
While we'll continue to be surprised by innovative control schemes for the first year or so, the 'novelty' will start to wear off sometime in 2008. Why? The bulk of publishers will settle in on a core set of control schemes and copycat game mechanics that appear to resonate with consumers (happens with every console). The only way to continue to foster innovation is to get something like Xbox Live Arcade running as soon as possible and rely on Indie developers to push the limits of control/gameplay.
post #10 of 252 Old 12-25-2006, 09:01 AM

the line up above looks promising and should be intresting how the game companies intergrate the controls into the games. I think the true test will be EA Sports and if they can get the motions down like with golf simliar amongest other titles...it will be a solid system
post #11 of 252 Old 12-25-2006, 10:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
It's this simple. If people keep buying them the games will come and with each new game the wiimote and how it is used will be refined.
post #12 of 252 Old 12-25-2006, 10:08 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 19
If I had to judge it right now, I'd say it's pretty novelty-ish, and I really was hoping it wouldn't be.

The only games I'm looking forward to are the Nintendo made ones (just like GC), and once again, it's become my secondary system to my PS2/PS3.

The amount of games I want to play next year looks like it will stay that way.

Of course, I bought the Wii pretty much ONLY for an online (crosses fingers) SSBM, as I've probably logged hundreds of hours on that game alone on GC.

And even that game will use the GC control, not the Wiimote.
post #13 of 252 Old 12-25-2006, 10:39 AM

I swear these types of gripes and so forth bother me to no end. I seems that people spend more time complaining on forums like these than actually playing their games.... and the very people complaining half of the time do not own the systems in question.

If you don't like something don't buy it - Period, no one is forcing you to spend your money on anything, the companies will make their money regardless. Leave the Wii, PS3 or 360 on the shelf for someone who really wants one and will appreciate the hard work that was put into developing a machine for ENTERTAINMENT......

My $5 (versus 2 cents)
post #14 of 252 Old 12-25-2006, 01:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qjones View Post

I swear these types of gripes and so forth bother me to no end. I seems that people spend more time complaining on forums like these than actually playing their games.... and the very people complaining half of the time do not own the systems in question.

)

and you are right kysorsose already mentioned we complain about financials of a game company vs complaining about a game more. We complain about stats console vs console vs playing any games on the system. In fact most members here complain that this processor is more powerful than the next console before deciding on the system and when they get the system they leave it in the box and still complain about it They complain about how many cents/share a company game console makes per quarter than any game.
post #15 of 252 Old 12-25-2006, 07:44 PM

Liked: 22
When the Nintendo DS first came out people called it a novelty... 30 million+ units later it is the greatest handheld (with the greatest library of games) ever made. I hope the Wii is the same.

PSN ID: thebigkahuna1
post #16 of 252 Old 12-25-2006, 07:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Ok, so here's the deal. . . my wife hates video games. Hates 'em with a passion. She thinks they're stupid and game consoles are a waste of money, etc. Enter the Wii. My son and I both got Wii consoles for Christmas. We set up our accounts and made some Miis. Each Mii looked just like us! That was not only cool, but funny as all get out once we started playing Wii Sports.

About two frames into bowling, my wife said "This is the best game console ever made." THIS type of statement, ladies and gentlemen, is what the Big N was after. This type of sentiment. She and I went a few rounds in boxing and that was a blast. We were both feeling some of the exertion required in playing that game! She was incredibly impressed with how responsive the Wiimote was to movement, how well it synched with the console, and how easy it was to play the games. Literally, just pick it up and play.

I've been playing Red Steel, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Zelda, Trauma Center, Wii Sports, and Elebits today at length. IMHO, Nintendo hit it outta the park with this console. In one day, I've enjoyed this console a heckuva lot more than my PS3. Guess what? I played through Resistance and now what???? Sit on my butt and wait for Motorstorm and Lair, that's what! The Wii has so many FUN games out right now that it's just plain silly! Unlike a previous poster misconstrued, the Wii isn't relegated only to mini-games. Red Steel isn't a mini-game - neither is Splinter Cell Double Agent, COD3, Madden, etc.

We've already got the 360 and the PS3 for bad ass processing power and between 720p-1080p graphics. I don't think a third super console would have been a viable choice for Nintendo. This game system is VERY well designed. The controllers are awesome and the game play is completely engaging. I don't think we're looking at a fad here with the controls. I think we're looking at Evolution (a reminder: Sony seemed to think so, hence the Sixaxis).

I can't believe anybody who's actually played the Wii can knock it. My entire family gets in on these games and that's reason enough to return to play them over and over again. It's a little thing called family - this console let's us play some really engaging games together as a family - not an online clan or a solo player campaign. Truth be told, if I'm going to play any game online, I'm looking to Xbox Live for the real quality experience. Until somebody can top that service, I'm not considering "online" capabilities in my other choices for games or consoles. Nobody's been able to touch MS on this one.

Prior to getting the Wii, I've been plowing through Gears of War on single player campaign on the Insane mode. I've been engrossed in that game. All I can tell is that it was a blast to play hide and seek with a capture gun and tear a house apart looking for Elebits! That's precisely what I like about the Wii. It gives me options. I can play a bunch of fun mini-games or I can play a story-like game with single/multi-player campaigns. It has a whole lot to offer not only a serious gamer like myself, but it is completely enchanting to a decided (until today) non-gamer like my wife.

GT: irunnoft
post #17 of 252 Old 12-25-2006, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irunnoft View Post

Ok, so here's the deal. . . my wife hates video games. Hates 'em with a passion. She thinks they're stupid and game consoles are a waste of money, etc. Enter the Wii.
About two frames into bowling, my wife said "This is the best game console ever made." THIS type of statement, ladies and gentlemen, is what the Big N was after. This type of sentiment. She and I went a few rounds in boxing and that was a blast. We were both feeling some of the exertion required in playing that game! She was incredibly impressed with how responsive the Wiimote was to movement, how well it synched with the console, and how easy it was to play the games. Literally, just pick it up and play

EXACTLY!!!
My wife hates video games with a passion. After I bought the Wii for my son, the only reason she wasn't ready to slit my throat in my sleep was bceause I told her about the fact that you have actual body movement to play many of the games. She was skeptical, but accepting.

Flash forward to today... she's sinking putts & serving to her Wii opponent, smiling as the kids are breathing heavily after a good boxing match.
post #18 of 252 Old 12-26-2006, 12:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

If a publisher could release a boxing/tennis game that could offer true 1:1 motion, that would definately make the Wii worth it for me. Unfortunately, I'm not sure if it's possible because the Wii already has a hard time with simple motions like Wii sports.

I do think that Wii Sports Boxing is almost unplayable, but I don't think that your statement about the Wii having a hard time with simple motions can be applied to any of the other games in Sports. Chalk it up to the programming on that game, and since it was developed they have created better tools for programming the controls.

Quote:

With the technology in the Wii, I don't think it has enough processing power to enable online play for these type of games.

As Gamedev123 said, online capability has very little to do with the processing power. The DS has online play and it's nowhere near the power of the Wii.

Quote:

While we'll continue to be surprised by innovative control schemes for the first year or so, the 'novelty' will start to wear off sometime in 2008. Why? The bulk of publishers will settle in on a core set of control schemes and copycat game mechanics that appear to resonate with consumers (happens with every console).

I think that Nintendo will continue to push the envelope, they're very good at that. Other companies will either have to keep up to sell games or they will become frustrated trying to do so and give up on the Wii. Then Nintendo's only hope would be the indie developers you spoke of.

Quote:

When the Nintendo DS first came out people called it a novelty... 30 million+ units later it is the greatest handheld (with the greatest library of games) ever made. I hope the Wii is the same.

Gotta agree that I was not a believer in the DS (still don't own one, wanted a PSP but never bought one due to lack of games), but it has been a huge success. Nintendo really seems to know what they're doing right now.
post #19 of 252 Old 12-26-2006, 03:10 AM

Totally agree with Irunnoft. I've seen exactly the same reactions from my girlfriend, my mum and dad, and several of my (non gameplaying) collegues.

Its never going to match Xbox Live for online play, because its been designed from the ground up for getting around a big screen with your pals and having fun.

From what I've seen, I think its going to be a roaring success, and theres no need to alienate hardcore gamers if Nintendo can get some heavyweight titles out there.

Never been so immedietly impressed with a console ever.
post #20 of 252 Old 12-26-2006, 05:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldenbone View Post

Never been so immedietly impressed with a console ever.

If I had to summarize my Wii experience and distill it down to one sentence, I couldn't have said it better myself, Goldenbone. Nomad, you and I seem to have had a similar experience not only from our perspective, but also from decidedly 'non-gamer' perspectives.

I'm not a console fanboy by any stretch of the imagination. I have all three next-gen consoles. The PS3 and the 360 are in one arena (online gaming, pushing the graphics envelope, etc.) and the Wii is in a totally different arena of it's own creation. I applaud Nintendo for creating an entirely new arena for us to play in. This console just continues to blow me away.

I'm about to head out and brave the "Day After Christmas" insanity to return a TV to CC and exchange it for another. All the time, I'm going to be biding my time until I can return home, hook up my Wii and begin playing again! I can't wait to get back home and play some more! Even though they're calling for snow here in the mountains of NC, my son and I have a baseball game scheduled. . . Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!

GT: irunnoft
post #21 of 252 Old 12-26-2006, 05:49 AM

Just a couple of points observations...
1) Many people can relate to stories about how mom/wife/grandparent who never played or liked games fell in love with Wii sports. I agree that this was one of Nintendo's main goals and they have succeeded. There is no doubt that the Wii is fun and offers entertainment opportunity for just about everyone. The question that follows is this: Will mom/wife/grandparent suddenly become game enthusiasts and be checking the stores to buy the newest releases or will they just be more likely to join in when the gamers in the family fire up the Wii?

2) I also see alot of people whose praise for the Wii is based on statements like "I already have a PS3/XBOX 360 for impressive graphics and/or online games; the Wii offers something unique and different." What I wonder is how many people would be satisfied with the Wii if they did not have the PS3/360 to scratch that itch for hi-tech/HD/online gaming?

I guess what I'm thinking is that the question should not be "Is the Wii a novelty?" but rather "Can the Wii exist as a primary video game console that satisfies the needs of hardcore as well as casual gamers across a wide spectrum of tastes and preferences?" or, if you prefer, "Will the Wii establish itself as a dominant player in the existing video game market or will it create its own space in a different type of entertainment market?"

Personally, I think the Wii is alot of fun. It has been designed well, marketed well, and has alot of potential for profit and success. However, it is so different from the other systems that I don't see it attracting the same type of third party development. Look around at all the talk lately of exclusive games and take note of the talk of MGS 4, DMC 4 going to 360 or the release of once exclusives such as Fatal Inertia, Assassin's Creed, and Virtua Fighter 5 going to PS3 and 360. Notice that it almost accepted as a given that the Wii is not a contender for any of these titles? Even Nintendo refers to Wii as "new-generation" not "next-generation." I think that for Wii to sustain itself long-term, it will have to continue to emphasize its uniqueness and play to its strengths. While that will increase its chances of long-term success, I think it will also move it farther and farther from the mainstream videogame market and create its own niche. And I'm not so sure that wasn't Nintendo's plan all along...
post #22 of 252 Old 12-26-2006, 06:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 59
We bought a Wii for my sister in laws home and gave it to them XMas eve. Again a long day of playing... Wii Sports.

I believe the Wii is going to have a long term software problem. The fact is using the Wiimote is what makes it special and honestly you do not need more than a game or two.

A few games into the system non-gamers are going to realize: I don't need anymore games to have fun, I have Wiisports and another party game.

I do not think the Wii is a gimmick, but its not a traditional console really. Its one of those motion sensing game systems the Wiimote rips off, (Baseball, Bowling, Tennis... remarkably Wii Sports like!) People have fun with them but its not like you need another game that does something similar. Wii sports will be entertaining people years from now... and that means less game sold in the future.

Frank J. Cone

XBox Live / Steam: FCONE

Please do not form any opinion of the content of this post, it is still in BETA.

post #23 of 252 Old 12-26-2006, 07:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankJ.Cone View Post

We bought a Wii for my sister in laws home and gave it to them XMas eve. Again a long day of playing... Wii Sports.

I believe the Wii is going to have a long term software problem. The fact is using the Wiimote is what makes it special and honestly you do not need more than a game or two.

A few games into the system non-gamers are going to realize: I don't need anymore games to have fun, I have Wiisports and another party game.

I do not think the Wii is a gimmick, but its not a traditional console really. Its one of those motion sensing game systems the Wiimote rips off, (Baseball, Bowling, Tennis... remarkably Wii Sports like!) People have fun with them but its not like you need another game that does something similar. Wii sports will be entertaining people years from now... and that means less game sold in the future.

I don't agree with that. People will get tired of the wii sports games not being in-depth enough and then will enter the in-depth ones. Not talking about more "complicated", just more to them, more than a whopping 3 innings in baseball and not controlling the fielders, etc... And there are probably a lot of types of games which could be fun which nobody ahs dreamed up yet. I don;t know how pool is on wii play, but a pool game could be fun, I would think. And some type of game we probably have no clue about until Nintendo announces it.

Got Talk (general discussion forum - someone add product reviews)

Got Zelda
post #24 of 252 Old 12-26-2006, 08:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 59
I specifically referred to non gamers. These people are not interested in 18 round sof golf or playing a season of Football. They are the pick up a Wii people who do not think of consoles. They just do not notice anything wrong with the simple games if Wii sports or Rayman or Monkeyball. And they are not going to suddenly change. They find the shallow games ideal.

Frank J. Cone

XBox Live / Steam: FCONE

Please do not form any opinion of the content of this post, it is still in BETA.

post #25 of 252 Old 12-26-2006, 08:24 AM

I had similar thoughts in another thread. I'm actually kind of glad you can't get em right now so I don't buy one impulsively. At 250 bucks, I really think it is overpriced for what it is. I feel that for what they contain/can do, the other 2 consoles are much better bargains (especially the ps3). I'll wait a bit for the hype to wear off and maybe get one. I will say though, I got the DS for Christmas and what great system it is!
post #26 of 252 Old 12-26-2006, 09:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
I've had one since launch. My experience echoes those across the web and here. Non-game playing relatives can suss the Wii in a way that they cannot or chose not to do with other consoles. My six year-old and I play Zelda. My wife and I play Elebits. Me all play Rayman and Wii Sports. I just got Madden '07 yesterday. It's just FUN. Do some titles lack depth? Yes...by design. I can play Wii Sports or Rayman for five, ten or fifteen minutes....or I can play Zelda for HOURS.

When I downloaded the demo for Lost Planet onto my 360...a friend and I was literally stunned by the control scheme picture. It's a good game...but that graphic was intimidating, at first. Same for Splinter Cell: DA. That doesn't mean I don't enjoy Marvel:UA on my 360...but it's a different experience. The Xbox lets me play with strangers and maybe a couple of friends...the Wii lets me play with my family and any friends about.

Where Nintendo continually falls down is online...and I suspect that will continue to be their Achilles heel. But onlike Sony, who's coming with a knife to the Xbox 360 Gun Fight, Nintendo at least doesn't pretend to be competing with Xbox Live.

Suprisingly fun Xmas moment: we got a VcamNow for my daughter for Christmas this year. It takes an SD card for storage. It was a pleasant surprise to be able to pop the card out of the Wii, into her camera and then back again to watch the videos and pictures she'd shot through the day with literally no thought at all.
post #27 of 252 Old 12-26-2006, 09:12 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I think the greatest advantage from Nintendo viewpoint "IS" the non-HD graphics. Lets be honest here, to truly take advantage of the 360 or PS3 you need an HDTV. A lot of people are buying these systems and are paying for features they can't utilize. Gears of War and Resistance don't look near as good on my parents 27" RCA TV, as they do on my Panny Plasma.
post #28 of 252 Old 12-26-2006, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankJ.Cone View Post

Yeah, thats kind of what I was getting at when I said 3 or 4 good multiplayer games a year will be fine for me. I've got a gaming PC for strategy games and other Mouse/keyboard-centric gamestyles, and an Xbox360 for more traditional (and online) play.

Dont know how well it'll stand Nintendo, but it suits my pocket just fine. When I think about it, 75% of my time with the gamecube was spent playing monkeyball 2 minigames with my pals (I mourn the current version however).

Bottom line is that Nintendo have wandered straight out of the box with this one, and applying comparisons with the two current silicon juggernaughts is almost pointless. Thats not to say they cant satisfy hardcore gamers, but its almost as a bonus.. Im sure casual gamers can more than pay their wages for a good few years if they sell enough hardware.

Bring on Wii Music, Wii Dance, Wii Art, Wii Race, Wii Shoot, Wii Circus, Wii DJ, and Wii Fight. Those titles (Imaginary or otherwise ) would probably do me for the duration of its lifespan.
post #29 of 252 Old 12-26-2006, 11:17 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by paddlefoot View Post

I think the greatest advantage from Nintendo viewpoint "IS" the non-HD graphics. Lets be honest here, to truly take advantage of the 360 or PS3 you need an HDTV. A lot of people are buying these systems and are paying for features they can't utilize. Gears of War and Resistance don't look near as good on my parents 27" RCA TV, as they do on my Panny Plasma.

Sure doesn't look near as good, but it still looks good, still looks next-gen.

My cousin thought Resistance looked amazing on his 25" TV at 480i.
Of course he agreed it looked better on my HDTV.
post #30 of 252 Old 12-26-2006, 11:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Bottom line is that Nintendo have wandered straight out of the box with this one, and applying comparisons with the two current silicon juggernaughts is almost pointless.

Yes, comparing it to the competition is pretty pointless, but there is an apt comparison. The DS.
Closed Thread Nintendo

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page